jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)

This is America , stop wining !

1. ahorseback profile image50
    ahorsebackposted 6 months ago

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13037126.png

This is ethnically about who everyone in America is !  What purpose does it serve to separate yourself from knowing or accepting this but for  personal agenda ?

1. Credence2 profile image85
      Credence2posted 6 months ago in reply to this

I can acknowledge that, horse. How about getting your conservative buddies to accept this reality, as well.

Trump and his minions, instead of acceptance and embrace are using it for division and discord and unfortunately, looking at the mobs attending his rallies, it is working.

ahorsebackposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Your exact wording IS the same  as could be directed at  this entirely divisive administration and it's loyal following  , Look in the mirror Credence , look in the mirror, that is where your  wisdom will arrive from.

2. ahorseback profile image50

And let's see , Obama  didn't  use divisiveness ?  Obama IS divisiveness .

2. colorfulone profile image87
      colorfuloneposted 6 months ago in reply to this

I love the image, and wish that people would one day be able to live together happy, joyous and free.

“Crime is contagious. If the Government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy.” — Justice Louis Brandeis (1856-1941) 

We have anarchy today because of the lawlessness of the Government, and the anarchists are allowed to be violent, destroy property, create mayhem and chaos in the streets. 

Radical activist liberals are a joke and a manifestation of a lawless administration. The Democrat's "gangsta politics" is its own worst enemy.  The majority of people see the far left as irrational, hysterical triggered thugs that don't know anything about the important issues or the law.

2. Bobby Shanahan profile image92
    Bobby Shanahanposted 6 months ago

What I look forward to seeing is are we going to still bend over backwards to accommodate non-white Americans once white Americans are the minority, which is due to happen within our lifetimes. Separating each other by race and seeing others through the lens of skin color is a dangerous and divisive game that only liberals and progressives seem to play. Sure, Trump is divisive in terms of his rhetoric toward curbing illegal immigration, but he is not pitting minority Americans versus white Americans as Obama and the Democratic party have been doing from the very start.

1. Credence2 profile image85
      Credence2posted 6 months ago in reply to this

Bobby, What makes you think that the upcoming demographics mean that whites  have to 'accomodate' minorities? It going to mean sharing of power and culture, but with the aggregate wealth of whites when compared with other groups that is not going to change for a considerable time after the demographic change. It is just going to be harder to force the majority to the 'back of the bus'. You will all make the adjustment, as you must.

Conservatives play the 'game' of separation and creating distinctions with dog whistles and exclusionary tactics. Trump is synonomous with divisiveness for everybody other than white males, and he has proven as much with ill considered rhetoric.

2. PrettyPanther profile image87
      PrettyPantherposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Hi Bobby, may I get some clarification on your comments?

What I look forward to seeing is are we going to still bend over backwards to accommodate non-white Americans once white Americans are the minority, which is due to happen within our lifetimes.  I'm wondering what it is "we" currently do to "bend over backwards to accommodate non-white Americans" that you are looking forward to seeing whether we continue to do in the future?

Separating each other by race and seeing others through the lens of skin color is a dangerous and divisive game that only liberals and progressives seem to play.  Can you tell me specifically how liberals and progressives are "separating each other by race and seeing others through the lens of skin color"?  I really don't know what you mean by that, especially since you are saying only liberals and progressives do it.  I'm having a hard time understanding what you are talking about.

Sure, Trump is divisive in terms of his rhetoric toward curbing illegal immigration, but he is not pitting minority Americans versus white Americans as Obama and the Democratic party have been doing from the very start.  Again, I'm not clear on what you mean here.  Can you tell me specifically how Obama and the Democratic party are "pitting minority Americans versus white Americans"?  Perhaps you think we all know what you are talking about, but I, for one, don't have a clue.  Can you explain, and perhaps provide examples?

1. Bobby Shanahan profile image92
        Bobby Shanahanposted 6 months ago in reply to this

PrettyPanther, I would be glad to clarify and give you examples.

First, we accommodate minorities in this country by catering to illegal immigrants, preferring minority students in college admissions, listing things out in Spanish, etc. In no other country does its government accept and in a sense, bend over backwards to people who are not even citizens of their country. California has issued over half a million driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants in 2015, and now they want them to vote in our elections because...? Liberals pander to them like you wouldn’t believe.

Second, liberals are constantly pitting race against race. Obama speaks out against every white cop shooting an “unarmed” black man, but refuses to acknowledge the horrific murders occurring on a daily basis on the streets of Chicago, because it is black on black crime, not fitting his narrative. Liberals blame systemic white racism for the problems facing the African Americans, as opposed to attributing the real reason: the welfare state has perpetuated poverty for this minority group since its inception in the early 1960s.

And finally, I don’t think it is any secret that Obama has been a divisive president. Instead of curing the divides between black and white America, Obama has made the gap much wider. Instead of denouncing irresponsible acts in places like Ferguson, Missouri, Obama basically said we are still a very racist nation at heart. How is that still the case today??? Obama pits rich against poor, white against black, and conservative against liberal. Instead of seeing us all as Americans, he, and race-obsessed, politics-obsessed liberals like himself, see us as white Americans, African Americans, or Latinos...

Trump is certainly divisive, but he can’t be much worse than Barack Obama was at uniting the country.

Let me know if you need any further clarification on this.

1. PrettyPanther profile image87

Thank you for the clarification.  I do not wish to argue the points, but will merely comment that it is interesting to see how people view situations through different prisms.

Interesting , that when you point out liberal ideologies  of falsehoods and hypocrisy , they suddenly lose the will to fight or explain such in past phony rhetoric !

1. PrettyPanther profile image87

Just take a look at the "white privilege" thread.  I am not interested in writing a book.  Someone else can take that on if they want.  He used similar arguments I've seen a hundred times and I don't want to get into it yet again.  Sue me.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 months ago

"stop wining?"

Okay by me. I prefer beer anyway.

1. colorfulone profile image87
      colorfuloneposted 6 months ago in reply to this

That reminded me of a meme I saw recently that said, "I'm in a good place right now. Not emotional. I'm just at the liquor store."

4. ahorseback profile image50
    ahorsebackposted 6 months ago

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13038958.png

Listen up everyone ,  because this may very well be the most brilliant thing  said by one , Ahorseback !

This picture is the reflection of just who AMERCA is ,    What it politically stands for ,  who  it  diplomatically fights for , who it stands for in humanitarian causes , even  why it fights it's wars  ,  THIS is who America has been from its very beginnings ! Look at it closely ............

And look again ............Does it look familiar ?, Does it look familial ?

It's a mirror.

working