Radical Islamic Terrorism

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Valeant profile image86
    Valeantposted 7 years ago

Why are conservatives so intent on pissing off a whole religion that has like three billion members instead of singling out the extremist groups that have resorted to terrorism as their primary offensive strategy?

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Answer , Because  ,  Islamic activists are coming here to America  with  preconceived agenda's , unfettered , unchecked  ,  un-vetted ,   Conservative America is obviously concerned while liberal America cares only about  their entitlements ,    Why aren't liberals  awakening to ANY  threat reality, is my question ? In the next  major terrorist act like 9/11 liberals will be the ones  running down the streets screaming "save me, save me  " , while  conservatives would rather prepare ahead of time .

2. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Islam is not like any other religion in the world, even a vast majority of the moderates believe that women should be executed for adultery, along with homosexuals, and anyone who decides to leave the faith. Even super left wing pundit Bill Maher recognizes this fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75Zfgj2k0KM

When you compare the most hated Christians in America today (The Westboro Baptists) to moderate Muslims there still is no comparison to the tolerance they have towards violent terrorist organisations. And while most Christians condemn, mock, and ridicule radical groups like the KKK who profess to be Christian, Muslims are too busy playing the victim to say anything against their jihadist terrorist counterparts.

1. colorfulone profile image78
        colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

When Bill Maher gets it, he gets it!  I like the term he used, "soft bigotry of low expections".  He does have a way with words.  Thank you for sharing the video link.

1. mrpopo profile image71
          mrpopoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It was first coined by Michael Gerson, speechwriter for George Bush. It's a very apt description for the way the left treats those who they commonly see as disprivileged.

Thank you, Mr. Popo. - That is very astute of you!
            Difference shown.  (edited) "soft bigotry of low expections" ... room for prayer.

Its time for high expatiations.

Its time for high expectations!  (typos happen)

2. IslandBites profile image88
        IslandBitesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That is a lie.

What is a lie? He made several claims.

1. IslandBites profile image88
            IslandBitesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I thought I used the line (of the quote)

"Muslims are too busy playing the victim to say anything against their jihadist terrorist counterparts."

Sorry, it's not visible in threaded view.

2. profile image0
          Onusonusposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It is an undeniable fact that the majority of Muslims believe in corporal punishments, executions, and honor killings for simple offenses like leaving the religion, being homosexual, and even being a woman who was raped. That's right, if a woman is raped she needs several witnesses to testify in court otherwise it's counted as adultery.
          Pure lunacy.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4PbPbPKJIQ

3. PhoenixV profile image64
      PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sharia law is the law of Islam.

The punishment for apostasy (trying to leave or rejecting islam)  is thought to be death by several schools of Muslim thought.

Theft (stealing) is a hudud crime in sharia, with a fixed punishment. The punishment is cutting off the hand or feet of the thief.

other crimes that carry the death penalty. 

Homosexuality:
      (Iran, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Sudan and Mauritania)

Adultery
      (Saudi Arabia, Iran and Afghanistan)

Methods

Stoning: Stones are thrown at the prisoner until they die. Stoning is still used in some Middle Eastern countries

source: wikipedia

4. PhoenixV profile image64

We will try to be careful, but thanks for the essential warning.

5. mrpopo profile image71

This question has several levels of misunderstanding.

First, conservatives aren't the only ones criticizing Islam. There are many liberals who've voiced their criticisms, like Maajid Nawaz, Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Bill Maher, Dave Rubin, Salim Mansur, Gad Saad, Sarah Haider, Tarek Fatah... I could go on.

Second, I'd hardly categorize criticism of Islam as "pissing off" a whole religion unless you feel Muslims are incapable of accepting criticism of their doctrine. It also implies that attacks inspired by doctrine don't merit criticism of the religious doctrines. In that sense it'd be more accurate to say that Islam is pissing off the world, not that the world is pissing off Islam.

6. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Conservative ideas of 'preparedness' takes the form of 'witch hunts' and justification for the erosion of civil liberties protections.

While they always are quick to allow for distinctions within Judeo-Christianity, they treat all Muslims as some sort of monolithic block. In America, that is what the rightwinger does with all marginalized groups. It is tradition and it is history.

1. PhoenixV profile image64

And liberals believe that a handful of pariahs, holding cardboard signs on a sidewalk is comparable to flying commerical jets into skyscrapers with thousands of civilan casualties. Death penalties for homosexuals, in entire heavily populated areas and countries and who is the most vocal objector? The liberal? The LGBT community? Nope, Christians and conservatives. They bury women up to their heads and while they beg for their lives,  men surround them and throw rocks at her head until dead, in their quaint 10,000 BC culture. And who objects the loudest? Liberal feminists? Nope Christians, and conservatives. These are not the acts of delusional individuals, but is the law of the land in heavily populated areas and entire countries.

1. Credence2 profile image79

The principle is the same. Why do you say that liberals are supporting Islamic terrorism? People are free in this country to "WORSHIP" as they wish.

I don't care for the Christian Identity, Mormons or several others. But in the liberal mindset, I don't prohibit people just because I don't like them. Conservatives should learn to do the same, and we would have a lot less trouble.

Christian conservatives would just as soon have us return to an "Ozzie and Harriet' world, they are hardly the epitome of freedom and justice. They just go about on a  'bait and switch' campaign having a different tack.

What was it that the right was railling about during the 2008 Campaign? They accused Obama's church pastor of promoting non-patriotic ideas. So, he was gulity of condemning a society that had an unjust history, and commenting about the role 'white supremacy' had in this occurrence. Should we ban that church too?

And you speak of bait and switch. The irony. That is all your posts are in my opinion.

smile

2. Credence2 profile image79

But you can't tell me why they are? You descend to madness when you run fresh out of ideas to support your point. Is that the way of the rightwinger?

Make your point, but be prepared to support it.

I descend to madness? LOL. You have hijacked the thread in every post, my friend. The op is about a whole religion or quasi-religion in my estimation and what the op believes is rare extremism. I addressed the OP with how sharia is the law of islam and adhered to by mass populations. You on the other hand have dragged in everything from abortion to Jeremiah Wright. It looks like desperate islamic apologetics to me.

But I'd be happy to oblige you. I subscribe to Christianity. I am probably the worst Christian on the planet. In the USA I have religious freedom. I can go into a Methodist Church and hear about Jesus. I can then stand up and say I am leaving the belief system. I can then travel to anywhere in the world and believe that I will not be killed for leaving Christianity. Can islam say the same? If they cannot, then they do not have freedom of religion anywhere, here or there, because they practice or worship the quasi-religion under duress. The real threat of death (and actual occurrence of)  for leaving a belief system is a sign of a dangerous cult.

There is nothing wrong with being a Christian, Pheonix. I am not apologizing for Islamic terrorism or ideology. I just that we have to careful between what is free expression and what is a crime. That is all that I am saying. There are a lot of 'cults' dangerous and otherwise. Until this any another other religion commit crimes as define by secular law, they are free to worship. I support religious freedom, but it must apply equally to everyone or it means nothing.
                  As long as Moslems, Islamics behave themselves here, I have no problem

7. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't know. I think probably because no one within the religion speaks out against it as adamantly as they'd like.

It's like that government official from Texas who tweeted something to the effect that the people killed in the night club in Orlando got what they deserved, because they were gay. He didn't pull the trigger. He wasn't Muslim. But he supported the act by his words. It's kind of like if you aren't against them, you are with them.

2. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

If we don't kowtow to the Muslims, they are going to get violent with us? ...  Look at the 'List of Islamic terrorist attacks'. They are violent.  So!  Its like maybe we should stop importing them and leave them where they are.  We really cannot bring people into the United States without any effective background checks.

The guy who was the shooter in Orlando had been vetted by the world's largest security company, he worked for them for eight years.  He was vetted by the State of Florida, and had a statewide firearms license and many other issues.  He had been investigated three times by the FBI, he was on the terrorist watch list, and they hadn't done anything about that.  His company worked for Homeland Security. 

No one saw anything to stop it?  Are we vetting people coming into this country that carefully, that closely? Of course not!

When it comes to refugees, don't you think it would be evenly distributed among men, women and children, and all different ages? Why is it we are getting young men in their 20's and 30's, who you might think would be fighting the people who are destroying their countries, instead of running out. 
    Where are the background checks for them? Where is the watch list for them?

No! All the controls are for you Americans.  Gun control is now going to become a national security issues, and we're really more concerned about those right-wingers then we are about those Islamic extremists... The unconstitutional Obama administration has pointed that out for a long time. 

Now, they are trying to say Trump is triggering them? 
    Are you trying to say conservatives are triggering them, too?
    I'm sorry that people are being so brainwashed.

We do have a Constitution, and we do have rights as Americans...so I was lead to believe all of my life.  Are we now being held hostage to Islamic terrorists out of fear?

3. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Witch hunt!  Are we to ignore facts, logic and history?  What about the Muslims that are chopping off the heads of Syrian Christians? etc.   What about the Muslims that are into slavery?  That's what they call it, "slavery". 

Some Muslims believe it is an act of compassion to kill gays.  They like to throw them off buildings in the Middle East. 

Pedophilia is in the Quran and some Muslims follow Muhammad's teachings and believe it is the way to go. Bacha bazi boys!  But, that is ok because it is what they are allowed to practice in Islam cults. Does anyone think they don't practice that in their Mosques in the USA too?

I am not supporting their illegal practices around the globe. As long as they do not violate secular law here, they have the right to worship in their Mosques or wherever like everyone else.

What about that maniac that did the shooting at the Planned Parenthood facility in Colorado last year, what faction did he belong to?

No sort of faction you would claim, am I right? Was the individual sane enough, or competent enough to even stand trial? Was the indiviudal inconsistent? Was there any sort of "lets go to bible study , have sex and get high" stuff at all? WWJD? Go shoot some people? Partial abort some children? Do you think Jesus would abort a child or shoot someone? Which Credence?  Am I allowing for distinctions within Judeo-Christianity, in your mind? Some sort of ambiguity, in your mind is there?

I am trying to follow your logic here, please elaborate.

No, of course, Jesus would not do such things, but many of those that claim to be his followers might.

That would be taking the name of the Lord in vain. False religions do that all the time, that follow some other Jesus, ... not the Way, the Truth, and the Life. 

Ever read the New York Times (2003) story, "Double Lives on the Down Low"?  Obama's Trinity church had its own gay "program" as members referred to it as.  His pastor served as a match maker for gay men to find wives, so they could pretend to live straight lives in the black community as respectable people.

There is a battle between light and dark, period.

False Christianity / religions mock Jesus Christ.

Well, there are a lot of false religion and many of those that say that they are the TRUE religion may be in error as well.

I don't doubt the case on Obama's Trinity church, nor do I support that sort of doctrine. But there are plenty of others that mispractice, if I can accuse Obama's church, why not Bush's or Romney's?

We are on the same page?  "X" marks the spot!  smile  Bush and Romney are good examples, I can't argue with that. 

The main thing is to know God personally. I think we can trust Him weed out the goats from the sheep.

The funny thing is that Jesus never started a religion.

Yep, that is a-ok.

2. wilderness profile image95
                  wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Realizing that it is off track for the thread, who would you put as starting Christianity?  Constatine, who pulled the various small religious communities and their various beliefs into one while killing those that wouldn't go along?  King James I, who refined the teachings and gave the bible to the people rather than just the priests?  The Catholic Monarchs Ferdinand II of Aragon and Isabella I of Castile, who began the inquisition and forced the religion onto the people?

If not Jesus and his new philosophies, who would you say started Christianity?

Paul, did at Antioch in Pisidia.

2. PhoenixV profile image64

islam and sharia law believes that homosexuality is a crime punishable by death in many countries supported by majorities according to pew polls I believe

liberals believe refusing to bake a cupcake is a crime punishable by shrill outcries on twitter

some conservatives believe in moving to Costa Rica (I'm sure you'd be happy to hear Mr Credence smile )and getting rid of their TVs and internet

Unfortunately for those that subscribe to Islam or Sharia law, English common law supercedes this. As long as they live here, this is how things are to be done.

I may not subscribe to the 'cupcake' issue. But, I do believe in law requiring equal access to all public accomodation.

I thought most of you conservative types would have left already with the election of Barack Obama. I lived in Panama for 5 months, most pampered Americans have no ideas what they are moving into.

Yea I agree, places like that sound like tropical paradises, but then turn out pretty scary I guess for the average American. Me, I always believed that as of late they are just switching out the front men and labeling them the other side. Hmm. That sounds confusing. I believe, that the two party system is a ruse and for the elite to continue their goals, they are making it look like one side is winning while they place their own guys in there. Ugh that didnt help.  Just a hypothetical example: I do not believe that Obama would ever remotely have been impeached for some Benghazi like thing because,  he was their guy anyway. People like Lindsey Graham flying over there to get the dirt so they can hold Obama responsible while Graham had both his hands behind his back crossing all his fingers. Can you follow any of that? That way, people think their side is in so they can continue business as usual, without interference.

At the top levels, to me, it stops looking like two opposing parties and resembles 3, 4 or more factions playing hopscotch. Two opposing parties, is just one rule, of the private game they play.

Anyway, back to the religion of peace.... sad   Salman Rushdie I am sure still has a multi-million dollar assassination contract out on him for embarrassing islam . Pretty bad when a religion sounds more like the mafia, than uhm a religion?

2. Credence2 profile image79

I am not dismissing any of that, it is all corrupt. It just depends on your point of view as to which aspects are more corrupt than the others....

Much like the choice between the blue and red candy coated MM. I have a problem with elite, conservatives say it is the government, liberals speak of  big money and corporate power in the private sector.

I say that the government sans all of the money and influence peddling using that money would revert to what it should be. The concept of terms limits and such would put a stop to 'empire building' politicians. Federal limits as to how much money can be thrown in to the political process and how much is available to bribe law makers. Rules for law makers should that require several penalties for taking bribes.

Service in congress should be public service, not a lifetime occupation. Keep everybody in tune with the needs of the people that they are suppose to be serving, instead of self-service or a bureaucracy that they hide behind.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)