The slippery slope toward tyranny: Trump says profile U.S. Muslims?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Credence2 profile image79
    Credence2posted 7 years ago

American Muslims to be profiled?  These are American citizens. Are not all of us innocent until proven guilty? This suggestion is truly the mark of a tyrant. This is the guy that said that he would have had no problem imprisoning Americans of Japanese ancestery just after Pearl Harbor, just because they were Japanese.  Have we not learned anything since 1941-42? So am I surprised that he would come up with something like this? He is coming off as the Neanderthal of Neanderthals.

So being a Muslim in America could be the equivalent of Hitler's early focus on the Jews after he attained the Chancellorship.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-muslim … 00496.html

Your thoughts?

1. colorfulone profile image79
      colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hitler's army was made up of 400, 000 Muslims. Hitler probably became a Muslim during his time in Indonesia, where he fled to for his life. 

Where and when did Trump says that he "had no problem imprisoning Americans of Japanese ancestry just after Pearl Harbor, just because they were Japanese." ?

I believe a lot of Americans may have felt that way and said as much after Pearl Harbor.  Heck, the USA went and dumped a bomb on Japan. War is hell! 

Have you noticed that Islam has declared war on Americans by their very actions?  How many more terrorist attacks will it take? 

"They are at war against us, why are we afraid to admit that? I think a lot of the American people know that. They know that they are in jeopardy and their children are in jeopardy. Forget about the political correctness. Would you rather be called a name, or would you rather be dead?" – Dr. Ben Carson

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13066509.jpg

HMMM...a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful?  Saudi Arabia‬'s Deputy Crown ‪Prince‬ was rushed into the ‪‎West‬ Wing of The White House for his meeting with ‪‎President‬ Barack Obama on ‪‎Friday‬.

"Important point here: No ‪press‬ allowed inside or anywhere near that meeting," observed Varney & Co.

Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your imput.

Hitler a Muslim, contradicts the very foundation of Aryan supremacy that is a pillar of Nazism. I don't recall Hitler taking any trips outside of Europe, especially not to Far East.

I will bring that quote up, if you insist, about the Japanese imprisonment, he said it last year. I had a forum over it at that time.

How you treat an enemy combatant should be different than how you treat a citizen here. There were justifications for Hiroshima and Nagasaki and I support Truman's decision to use the weapons for military aims. I did not support Roosevelt's decision to incarcerate Pacific coast Japanese Americans without cause.

Radical Islam sects are at war with this country, not 1.6 billion Muslims, let's make sure we recognize the difference.

1. mike102771 profile image71
          mike102771posted 7 years agoin reply to this

The courts agreed with you and paid reparations over 1.6 billion to the Japanese Americans locked away (it's interesting that people forget that part of the story). We should learn from history (or try and teach it to you know who). Imagine what this new policy could end up costing (maybe the price of a 10 ft 2000 mile long wall?). 

To be fair Radical Islamic fundamentalists don't wear name tags and it can be hard to tell the difference (specially if politically advantageous not too).
          http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13066550.jpg

If the terrorists all went around like this it would be so easier.

Thanks for your imput, Mike.

I had not forgot about the reparations, but they would not have been necessary if the courts had prohibited the forced relocations in the first place.

This new witch hunt will be expensive on all fronts. The litigation that would anticipate from Trump trying to get his ideas into place would bankrupt the economy all by itself.

I certainly do not want a police state in response to perceived terrorist threats. And I am going to be suspicious of those that want to take us down that road.

Since 9/11 the police have been increasingly militarized. Those guys have got the equipment these days.  I'm not for more police state either, but it is here because of terrorist attacks in the USA.  There has been a big increase of surveillance since 9/11 and it continues to increase. 

Many departments of the government have been militarized in the past few years.  "We cannot continue to rely only on our military. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded." - Obama
              http://www.investors.com/politics/edito … divisions/

Good for those Defense Corporations?

I hear you, but domestic style terrorists are not to be ignored. McVeigh killed hundreds and he was blond hair and blue eyed. We cannot allow ourselves to be lured into giving up our civil liberties because certain people are pressuring us to do so. Tyrants always use such arguments.

Who was it that said those that are willing to sacrifice freedom for security, will deserve neither?  That may have been Benjamin Franklin.

When we start on our witch hunt, you never know when they may find the excuse to target you next.

We cannot forget about the Star Chamber.  Americans are not being given due process, their names are just being added to the Terror Watch List / No Fly List in secret as guilty.  They have worked it all out and can do anything to you that they want now.

AG Lynch said they weren't even going to give us a time limit on people being able to buy guns, and that we have the NRA trying to hold on to some remnant of the 2nd Amendment.  They said let's look at this and if someone isn't a threat let them buy guns after 72 hours...

No, no, no...that would tie their hands she says...  See!  The Constitution is meant to tie the hands of tyrants in government.  Lynch swore an oath to the Constitution, and it was not meant for her to expedite whatever she wants to do as the government.

They want to make federal laws and put them in the NDAA now, not in the Constitution. 

The Terror Watch List destroyed every aspect of the 6th Amendment, all our protections and all the steps that they are suppose to go through.

2. Castlepaloma profile image75
        Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This poster is incredibly unfair.

About 90% of terrorism attacks within America are non-muslim.

Where Syria is the 14th Muslim country America has either severely bombed, invaded and occupied since 1980.

That gun law bidding citizen who has not a license for his gun like with cars or dogs. Represents most of Republican  rasist rednecks, hillbillies and nicks who hire the Government to do the Muslim killing for them. I 'm sure the vast majority of these people don't even know a muslim personally. Israel's knows these Muslims and they stand in their way of New World order and religion in which solves nothing..

After the largest terrorist attack since 9/11, CIA Director John Brennan, said that ISIS, the Islamic State has deployed a large group of Western fighters who could attack the West at any moment. He said that the US has not diminished the group's terrorism capability and global reach.

Obama consistently down plays the terror threat.  Remember he said they were contained and on the run before the attack on Paris.  Why hasn't he taken seriously the warnings by his own intelligence, and there are lot of them speaking out.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75

Bush even admits 9/11 could have been an inside job. The world knows America are by far  the worlds  largest terrorists organization in the world,  why can't American except that fact?

I saw that come out of Bush's mouth.  He is the one who sealed the 28 pages on the 9/11 investigation, that Obama has not disclosed.  Officials who read those pages have said it was not Iraq that was involved, but rather it was Saudi Arabia.  So!  Did they blaming Iraq to go start a war?  Some people want to know, I do. 

When we are illusioned and believe things that are false, it can be painfully hard to become disillusioned.  I wondered why people in other countries hated Americans years ago, and I am still becoming disillusioned so that I can see the dark truth that hides in plain sight.   Patience, please!

They said 15 Saudi were on those plane, yet no Iraqi.

When Bush said this was the worse  attack on American soil sincere Pearl Harbour.

If Japan attacks US, you would not attack Indonesia for it.

The US and Saudis are planning to turn up the heat on terrorism and religious extremism in the Middle East.  With both their histories of supporting the tenets of Islam's religious extremism (ISIS / ISIL) which has lead to terrorism I think we can safely guess there will be more repression of human rights at the expense of innocent lives. Its all about getting more freaking oil, and probably the only reason the US is allies with Saudi is because they are rich in oil.  sad

It remains in the hands of the greedy when they pollute the earth with oil. Oil with get old and many green technology are ready in the wings, when it"s legal.

There many places it's illegal to be green and off grid.

2. colorfulone profile image79
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Brigitte Gabriel Reads the Muslim Brotherhood Plan for America
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFxNPvns7nU
    You can read that radical Muslim plan for the destruction of America online.

Muslim Brotherhood Hitler
    http://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/hit … rhood.html

Relations between Nazi Germany and the Arab world
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relations … Arab_world

Evidence Mounting That Hitler Was A Muslim and Practiced Islam
    https://shariaunveiled.wordpress.com/20 … ced-islam/

Alright, I will look at some of this...

3. colorfulone profile image79
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

I'll tell you one thing that is concerning me about Trump, is that he may essentially agree with the government's terrorist watch list,  No Fly List, No Buy Guns.  That whole thing is unsettling to me, because law abiding citizens are getting put on the list.  Even Senator Ted Kennedy got put on the list and it took him weeks to get his name removed (but, maybe he belonged on the list...wink).  I'll wait to hear what Trump comes up with.

Well, Colorfulone look who gets on the list, is it justified? The use of these lists can be abused for political purposes, we need to step lightly.

Exactly!  It doesn't seem like whoever is adding people to the No Fly List knows what they are doing when children get put on the list.  A man in the armed forces flew to Hawaii on a military plane.  When he was ready to fly back to the states to see his wife, he found out his name was on the list and he was detained and stranded in Hawaii for weeks. He finally started to talk to everyone he knew and told the media what was happening, then he was told he could fly back to the states. He was never told if his name was removed, was never told how his name got on the list or how to get it off.  His name could still be on it.  Its a mess from what I have read.

4. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 7 years ago

So, Castle says we are the terrorists. We are profiled in other countries. Maybe that's why. So, if they are profiling us, what's so bad about us profiling those who might be them?

I'm afraid I see some merit in profiling at this point; to some extent. If I were a Muslim, I think I'd understand. When I get stopped in an airport to be searched I do wonder how many middle aged white women are a threat to America.

This is America, anybody can be a threat to America. We do not want to allow the enemy to dupe us by a suggestion that certain classes of people are beyond  suspicion.

A debate on who is the largest online news from Cenk Uygur and Allex Jones
        Jones call them Young Turds where I find Uygur more accurate and civilized.

Uygur is a former Muslims  and  gets refused on flights without refunds without being explained  anytime.

Alex Jones, I have found to be a total bigot.

The danger of Muslims being targeted without just cause is dangerous, so who is next?

1. IslandBites profile image89
            IslandBitesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

True. Idiots say it's ok to target all muslims because Islam is a religion (that promotes violence) that's why they're not being racists/bigots. But in fact, "muslims" in their minds are arabs/middle eastern. That's why they harass non muslim middle eastern people thinking they're muslims. If you're going to discriminate against muslims, then you're going to target african americans, asian, latin, white people. There are millions of muslims and not everyone is brown.

2. Live to Learn profile image61
        Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes. I agree. Middle age white women are suspicious and should not be trusted; no matter what the government might suggest.

5. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

The extremist  militant Islamic war against the entire western  hemisphere  is a thirteen   hundred  year old war ,  all you have to do is read parts of the Koran to learn that .The   Palestinians ,  I.S.I.L ., I.S.I.S. ,  the Taliban ,   each  era of   Islamic terror against any other region or religion  at all is so  readable . the facts are right there for all to see .   But liberal idealists are going to make great casualties , they will feed well into the slaughtered sheep category .

Yet P.C. morons are so  keyed into the  naiveté  of  silent touchy feely  ideologies ,   You guys will make great cannon fodder  for the real war to come .

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)