jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)

Apple Computer decision to not support the GOP Convention due to Trump

1. jackclee lm profile image80
    jackclee lmposted 5 months ago

Do you agree with Apple's decision to not support the GOP convention this year?
    It seems they absolutely have the right to do whatever they deem appropriate since they are a private business and should answer to their shareholders.
    However, it also seems they are choosing political sides based on their biases which I am sure their customer base are just as equally divided as the nation.
    They can make the same case against the Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton for being investigated for possible corruption and security issues by the FBI. But we all know they wont. That is the hypocrisy of Apple Computer.
    I think corporations in general should stay out of politics. They should be impartial and let the American people decide for themselves who should govern. I am also against corporations and unions making political contributions which affect the outcome of elections. Corporations legally cannot vote and therefore should not be allowed to make contributions. It is just common sense.
    Individuals such as Tim Cook can donate up to the limit set for individuals, no more no less.

Helping with the operations of the convention both democratic or republican is not the same as contributions. It is using their expertise to help make the electoral process as smooth as possible and getting the information out to the American public so that they can make an informed decision in November. If you are for democracy, you should be supporting any effort towards that goal.

1. PrettyPanther profile image87
      PrettyPantherposted 5 months ago in reply to this

It is not a political decision, but a business one. Companies do not want to be associated with toxic people or ideas. It is bad for business.

jackclee lmposted 5 months ago in reply to this

It's also bad for business to alienate 40-50% of your customer base?

Could be. I trust they thought about that and made a wise decision. I doubt that 40-50% of their customer base will even know about it and vastly fewer will  care. Trump's disapproval ratings are through the roof.

2. ahorseback profile image44
      ahorsebackposted 5 months ago in reply to this

A lot of ,especially  liberally supported , business' can play the political  correctness games !    Apple ,  Google ,    computer companies , toy companies  anyone   associated with  youth , college education system ,   Remember  -   politics mixed with business =  fully expected  !

Anything to increase the bottom line in the politically  naïve  !

Business owners are free to do what they please with regard to who they associate their business name.  They are looking out for their interests, as business owners should do.  By not associating with a particular person or idea, they are hurting no one.  In fact, they are opening it up for another business to claim that territory.

Funny how some conservatives get bent out of shape over something like this.  Yet, Donald is considered a business genius for making money off the misfortune of others.

I am a conservative but I am not bent out of shape. Just pointing out some hypocrisy of the left.
          BTW, I am not a Trump supporter.
          This Apple decision is part of a bigger picture that surpasses Trump.
          It is part of the progressive movement among some companies such as Google, Apple, Target, Starbucks, Amazon, and Microsoft...
          Also, getting back to Trump, as much as the media likes to brand him, he is not a racist.
          His long history in business and as a celebrity in reality TV hardly expose him as a racist.
          Use your head. He is an egotist and self serving politician. He has use the very same system to gain his wealth by contributing to Democratic politicians. He is part of the corrupt system...

1. Credence2 profile image85
            Credence2posted 5 months ago in reply to this

Nice to see you, Jack

The phenomenon of a broad swath of American businesses dissassociating themselves with Trump has been no surprise. Which group was advocating in favor of the Supreme Court "Citizens United' ruling (Corporations are People)? Was that not the political Right? Well, the chickens have come home to roost.

Having  a television show, and dragging out a few 'washed up' celebrities, black or otherwise, does not vindicate him. In another thread I have made a point or two regarding Trump's past dealings on the topic of racial insensitivity and bigotry. Something to do with a black minister and his association with Trump, visit the thread if you have the time.  I say he is a racist that cleverly shrouds in polite language, but not polite enough. The KKK would not be endorsing him, if they thought that he was just an empty suit regarding their objectives for America.

Yes, he is an egotist and a self-serving politician on top of that.
            Trump and his ideas are in trouble over a broad swath of corporate America, perhaps I need to google a list?

Credence2, Nice to hear from you too.
              With regard to Trump, I am not a supporter. I have had dealings regarding his ego back 10 years ago before he was running for President. I wrote a hub about Trump State Park which you can search.

Do you really think a racist would be able to have a TV show like "The Apprentice" and not get called out?
              I don't know him personally, but from what I've been gathered, he is an egotist, and a bombastic speaker and Politically Incorrect and many more bad attributes of a man. He is not a Conservative and only a Republican in the last few years.
              You can attack him on many fronts but to pull the race card is just wrong. If every times someone disagree with a policy and is labeled a racist, it lose the meaning of "racist".
              I hope you see that.
              I look forward to future debates on real issues.

1. ahorseback profile image44
                ahorsebackposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Jackclee ,   I find the hysteria of the left amusing at this point .    I believe  they are preparing for the  poll number  slant that will affect  Hillary as time goes on .   Is Hillary the best choice , Hell no ,  ......Is Trump  the best , No  , but he is far more believable than a constant liar .   She couldn't tell a truth if it slapped he hard !

2. jackclee lm profile image80

Look at the Target Company, they choose ideology over business and profit...

2. colorfulone profile image87
    colorfuloneposted 5 months ago

Tim Cook (Apple) has been placed at the head of Obama's dinner table at the Rainbow House. 

Cook met with former Google CEO Eric Schmidt, there were also a number of political figures in attendance, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, House Speaker Paul Ryan and Karl Rove to strategist on how to defeat Trump at the American Enterprise Institute’s annual World Forum.  (according to HuffPost)

Cook is a  Globalist who likes paying for slave labor to manufacture products in Mongolia, China, Korea and Taiwan.  Hillary Clinton is a member of the Globalists' secret 'Bilderberg' NWO group that wants to control the world, government, economy, everything. 

Trump is exposing them and their Globalist agendas!

3. IslandBites profile image84
    IslandBitesposted 5 months ago

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHoYbfOWwAE2eCO.jpg
    lol

1. Credence2 profile image85
      Credence2posted 5 months ago in reply to this

Like they always say, '" a picture is worth a thousand words". 

http://hubpages.com/politics/forum/1367 … nufactured

working