Those of you leaning or selecting Trump for President next fall......
Excuse me for climbing in the lion's den, folks. As hard as it is I am trying to put myself in Donald Trump's shoes.
If I were him, who would I select for a running mate?
What direction should he go toward:
1. Condi Rice- address the gender and ethnicity angle
2. Newt Gingrich- double down on the outsider/maverick image
3. Sen. Jeff Sessions of Alabama- double down with one having impeccable conservative credentials
4. Gov. Chris Christy- Moderation bringing the comfort of a mainstream political personage
5. Anyone else
So, who do you think he should select and why?
I don't think Trump could work well with a woman.
If you're saying Christy is mainstream I take that to mean liberal - don't think Trump could work with a liberal.
Don't think Trump could work with a maverick very well either
That leaves either Sessions (don't know the man) of someone else.
A female would be the best choice. But pickings are slim.. I would also recommend a Latino, but there are none that would run with him.
1. Jeff Sessions would be a wasted pick because what are you gaining? Alabama and more white guys?
2. Everybody seems to hate Chris Christie (left and right).
3. Same w/Gingrich. I personally think the man is brilliant but his reputation is too tarnished.
4. I loved Condi Rice, however, like Christie, she is hated by both the left and right.
5. Bob Corker (Tenn.) - Southern state that is starting to turn gray. He is a smart guy and sound reasonable on television.
6. Joni Ernst - Smart. Army Vet. Dem State.
If they were willing, I would recommend Rubio or Kasich, but that ship has sailed.
I think, Senator Sessions would be a great choice, but only Trump knows if he would be the best choice for VP. Sessions would need to agree 100% with the direct Trump wants to lead, that would help give Trump the anti-assassination insurance he needs.
Colorfulone, are you among the group that thought that Mitt Romney might of lost in 2012 because he was not conservative enough?
Would a more conservative ticket, with Sessions riding left seat, make for a better chance of Mr. Trump to winning this fall?
I can't imagine Condi Rice even voting for him. Still, maybe she would do it as a big FU to the conservative establishment who constantly scapegoated her for everything during Bush II.
Anyway, my money is that giant garbage bag of hamburger grease Christie.
Seriously? Trump will only pick someone who is willing to kiss his shoes. His daughter or Chris Christie.
by Hokey5 years ago
A group of researchers working at the Human Genome Project indicate that they made an astonishing scientific discovery: They believe so-called 97% non-coding sequences in human DNA is no less than genetic code of...
by Credence276 minutes ago
Even when Trump may have a good idea or two, his temperament and personality negates it all.There is a place for conservatives ideas within the public forum and while their messages are valid and at least deserving of...
by Person of Interest5 years ago
Agree or disagree?
by IslandBites3 days ago
by Gary Anderson2 weeks ago
I watched him on the golf channel. He is close to being a fraud. He is worth less than a billion dollars. People have lost money in his investments finding out that he doesn't always back them but rather licenses his...
by Jackie Lynnley7 weeks ago
He stood for a good thing there! Surely we all know the endless drip has to end and the drugs and crime flow into our land and the many Americans that want to see an end to this will get out there and vote for Trump...
Copyright © 2016 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.