jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

why are Nazis in US called domestic terrorists instead of terrorists?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 3 months ago

Why is it that when a Neo Nazi is arrested we call them "domestic terrorists?"  Why not simply call them "terrorists" like we do Muslim terrorists?   And is it racist to not refer to them as simply terrorists instead of "domestic terrorists?"  Please discuss.

Here's the youtube video link that inspired this  question:

1. GA Anderson profile image87
      GA Andersonposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Ask yourself why anyone uses any adjective to qualify a noun and you have your answer.

The news that a terrorist killed a bunch of people isn't going to be enough information. We all want the details. Just the addition of "domestic"  adds additional information. As does "Radical Islamist" or "jihadist."

To your racism question... Geesh!

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 3 months ago

Domestic means "not foreign".  So... well they are using the word correctly.

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 3 months ago in reply to this

You, again. big_smile

3. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 months ago

Who cares? Too damn many. Come to think of it, I don't mind the clarification.

4. ahorseback profile image53
    ahorsebackposted 3 months ago

1969  , the first time my inquisitive mind heard the word" terrorism " was in- POD class , Problems of Democracy class in high school .  The terrorism  incident article was,  I believe,  in Jerusalem  or near there at least and was about  a bomb that detonated in a hotel lobby and killed a few people .    I had never heard of terrorism - Now though .  That terminology is used daily to describe acts of violence  in  America   or anywhere  based on someone suffering  a form of insanity . Terrorism ,  are we using that word too much these days  , is the media  ?
    Some idiot in Connecticut  goes on a shooting spree with his mothers guns and we call it terrorism .
    A  self loathing veteran in Oklahoma  blows up a federal building and we  call it terrorism .
    Some idiot in fort hood  kills his military comrades ,we call it terrorism .
    After awhile it seams ,   we've  got to come up with a new word to describe insanity ?
    Does insanity  describe terrorism ?