Why did you shoot me? - I don't know.

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (80 posts)
  1. IslandBites profile image91
    IslandBitesposted 7 years ago

So, another one?

South Florida police shoot an autistic man's black caretaker who was lying down with his arms raised.

"Sir, there's no need for firearms. I’m unarmed, he’s an autistic guy. He got a toy truck in his hand."

He was shot anyway.

"When he hit me, I'm like, I still got my hands in the air,"
    "I'm like, 'Sir, why did you shoot me?' " he asked the officer.
    "He said to me, 'I don't know.' "

Well, at least he's alive. hmm

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have no words.  Okay, one word:  "wow."

2. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I saw the story, I sat in disbelief, waiting for a 'next' an explanation and there was none.

This does not have to a race thing but a people thing. Can I ask that you be held accountable, every time, as a law enforcement, whenever you unholster your weapon?

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

They are.  Except in very rare cases where the Police department and court system are conspiring, they are.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
          Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Not to the same standards as the rest of us are. Which is unfortunate. They should be held to a higher standard because they are paid to uphold the laws. Not to shoot at us willie nillie.

1. profile image0
            ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You say ....."shoot at us willie nillie ......."    like we all get shot at daily ....    Well , I guess some people are just overly dramatic !            How Naive .

I can sympathize with the dangers a police officer must endure when walking the 'mean streets' of a violence ridden section of the city. However, seriously? Seriously? Did you watch the video?

What you guys who defend their right to act in these manners fail to realize is that if you do not stand up now for fairness it will be all of us. And, who will you blame then?

"What you guys who defend their right to act in these manners fail to realize..."

Which guys have defended a cops right to shoot as the video seems to indicate?  I missed that post somehow.

I suppose I'm talking about those who tend to be very negative about the BLM movement. This video is exactly what they are standing against. Not the drug lord who gets shot while running, but the guy who is shot, or the one who is tazed, or the one who is harrassed for simply walking down the street in a section of town some yokel doesn't think he should be walking in. I find it impossible to understand how anyone can pretend that there isn't a real problem here.

I suppose I'm also talking about the ones who jump in to defend cops. I have nothing against cops. I feed them every day here in the restaurant. At half price, although begrudgingly. But, they are paid to uphold our laws. If they break them they should be held to a higher standard than you and I. They can quote you the regulation that is being broken.

I'm afraid we have a serious problem in this country and the police forces are not only denying it, but getting beligerent about the entire thing. Cops who walk out of a venue where they are hired, off duty, for security because people wear BLM tee shirts.

Things may get a lot worse, before they get better and one of the reasons for that will be because of attitudes like these. People who perceive a problem and who are willing to take to the streets in protest, to attempt to bring some light to the problem will get more and more frustrated while we sit around with our thumbs up our butts and don't step up to the plate and attempt to create a solution that is fair and equitable for all.

1. profile image0

Well said.

2. wilderness profile image95

Well, we're going to have to agree to disagree.  When BLM started I supported the concept although I found the name insulting (as so many others have).  Since then, though, they have "graduated" far beyond peaceful protests that harmed no one, and that offends me even more.  I've never been happy with the concept that "civil disturbance" is acceptable, and the movement has begun that in earnest.

I also personally find the vast majority of cops to be honest and non-racially motivated.  I find that the large majority of police organizations are aware of the problem and working hard to correct it.  The BLM (current), on the other hand would have us believe that ALL cops are racially motivated, even the black ones that shoot black people.  I disagree.

I think you'd be a little belligerent, too, if your "kind" was being targeted for murder, and cops most definitely are.  Whether it is directly from the BLM is debatable, but there is no denying that it is playing a large part in those murders.  Unwittingly, I would hope and believe (so far), but still playing a part.

Does it seem odd to you that no one has ever investigated police training, procedures and individual departments?  No one from the BLM, anyway?  They all seem to agree cops are the problem, but no one has ever pointed to any specific training action that is wrong, no one has ever showed any conspiracy to shoot blacks.  Just the statistics that seem to show, without mentioning the whole picture, that blacks are being killed disproportionally?

No solutions, in other words, just a continuing tirade that no cop ever take action against anyone identifying themselves as "black".

I'll add that the incident in this thread appears to me to have some racism involved.  In that the cop appeared deathly afraid for his own life, without reason, but likely because the suspect was black.  One must wonder if that was because of the recent spate of cop murders by people all crying BLM themes.  The BLM has begun to cause more damage than they can hope to solve, and it's going to get worse the more violent the movement (whether officially authorized or not) continues.

3. Credence2 profile image78

Thank you.....

3. wilderness profile image95

Island, you get a slap on the wrist for even suggesting that a cop looking (and apparently finding) a suspect reported as waving a gun around should relax vigilance based on the suspects word.  You also get one for assuming that the suspects word for what the cop said is truthful or that he had his hands in the air at the time of shooting.  The video shows neither.

Having said that, and based solely on a video that does NOT show the time of the shooting, it appears that the minimum the cop will face is conviction for unintentionally harming another person (whatever the local legal term might be).  I can't imagine why he was shot or what the cop was thinking - it almost seems as if were unintentional.  Very, very stupid, and intolerable to boot, but unintentional.  I also have to wonder at the incompetence in a cop that short distance away, and using a rest, that hit only a leg rather than killing the man.  Was he a first day rookie that skated through training, so scared and shaking at the sight of a man lying on the ground that he pulled the trigger by accident, nearly missing the target completely?  Unless that man grabbed for a pocket or the "gun" (toy truck) the second man had, this was incompetence in the extreme and almost caused someone to lose their life.

1. Credence2 profile image78

I have to wonder about the veracity of the person that reported this individual had a gun, I have no more reason to trust his or her account over that of the suspect unless visual observation proves otherwise. This entire thing was stupid and irresponsible and I will wait patiently for the 'boom' to be lowered on this 'Keystone Cop'.

2. IslandBites profile image91
        IslandBitesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Relax vigilance? Where did I suggested that? What about not shooting? Btw, I only quoted his words and asked a question.

Since I quoted him, I'll quote North Miami police Chief Gary Eugene:
        "However, I want to make it clear, there was no gun recovered."

Also, the officer fired his weapon, three times according to North Miami police.

I get what you're saying...
        But, if a cop is scared and shaking at the sight of a man lying on the ground, and that man becomes a target, shouldn't we ALL be asking what was so threatening about him? Why was him, per your argument, the target and not the guy who wasnt on the ground?

He fired three times?!  Hitting a leg just once?  Stranger and stranger that the man isn't dead!

Or asking, as I did, why the cop was so scared at all.  If the video is accurate (sure wish it showed the shot and cops reply) then there was virtually nothing to be afraid of.

4. Credence2 profile image78

This makes the case for vigilence among the citizenry, there can be no tolerance for excuses like 'unintentional or panic attack'. Urban police departments need to get with the program, properly training officers as to how to behave when Interacting with civilians. BLM, if it keeps the focus on this issue and not permit it to be shoved under a rug somewhere, is AOKin my book. The resulting lawsuits from carelessness will bankrupt urban centers, so I say, 'step lightly'. So, if force is justified, Officer, you damn well better be able to prove it. When it comes to doing their jobs, I want cameras and documentation everywhere.

Law Officer: I respect the work that you do and its difficulty, but like the job of the Air TrafficController, there is no room for error. You need to understand that before you begin your rounds.

BLM isn't interested in seeing that cops are properly trained...unless that training includes to ignore what anyone with dark skin does. 

Other than that, though, I fully agree, although I'm not sure just what cameras are going to accomplish - certainly we've heard enough "He shot him in the back when his hands were up!" kind of stuff only to have a camera show the opposite.  Too many people don't care about facts, just that their (friend, family, race, whatever) got shot.

1. profile image0

"BLM isn't interested in seeing that cops are properly trained...unless that training includes to ignore what anyone with dark skin does." 

Wilderness, you are mostly a reasonable fellow, but that statement is ridiculous.  Unless you have some evidence that the leadership of this organization has said such a thing?

Having cameras record every interaction will either clear cops or not.  Good cops should welcome them, as it will rid the system of the bad ones that are creating trouble for all of them.

Nowhere did I mention the originators or even the current leadership of the BLM movement.  But it has deteriorated far from what it was to be when started, and you know that as well as do whether you wish to admit it or not.  What started as a legitimate cultural grievance as become mostly a demand for letting blacks alone and, in some far out cases, calling for the murder of cops.  Any time you open your "movement" up to the likes of Al Sharpton that's what will happen. 

Having cameras will go a long way to finding guilt or innocence in a court of law.  In the minds of radicals, family members or loved ones?  Not a thing, and you know that as well.  They will be declared fake, photoshopped or even done with actors, and we've already seen a little of that even with the small amount that has been released to the public.

1. profile image0

Well, then you will not blame the organization, but the individuals, right?  Your wording blamed the BLM.  The BLM leadership has specifically condemned killing of police officers and other violent tactics.  Maybe you should have said "Some individuals identifying themselves with the BLM movement aren't interested in seeing that cops are properly trained...unless that training includes to ignore what anyone with dark skin does."

1. profile image0

But then with BLM , with the New Black Panther ,  , it IS the "dark skin"  that most often  entitles one  lately to assume that BECAUSE  of  this skin color , that they are  entitled to" special treatment ", no matter the law , no matter the infraction ,no matter the adhesion of ALL others  to a nation  of civil laws and  no matter the record of previous offenses ,that they are still entitled to "special " treatment .

Who else in America can assume such  an attitude and believe that anything goes !

1. profile image0

Sadly, It doesn't surprise me that you would consider the desire to not be shot during a traffic stop as a request for  "special treatment."

2. junko profile image69
                  junkoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The White skinned man has always thought that their white skin entitled them to "Special Treatment". Everybody knows that, mike.come mon man.

1. junko profile image69
                    junkoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

KKK. White citizen council  ALEX, NRA Police unions, all stronger then The Panthers or BLM

Having cameras will either condemn or absolve the officer in the eyes of the law. Your mention of disaffected families and such is irrelevant. Ted Bundy's mother supported her son as innocent up to the last few months of his life. But, due process proved his guilt and that was adequate for the rest of us. So, are supposed to ignore a valid source of admissible evidence based merely on your speculation as to the reactions of friends and family?

1. profile image0

The insanity of enforcing  the police to adhere to every stupid idea that people come up with is nonsense,        Altercations with the law begin like this  ;    people breaking the law !   You , your cherished son or daughter  , your brother ,sister or  cousin , BUT they break the law in one form or another . Marchers in the street ,   drunks or drugged individuals carousing the streets at night ,   teens looking for excitement ,  ..............someone is breaking a law to the effect that  someone calls 911  ,   a brick is thrown , a car is stolen ,  a rape has occurred  , someone robs a convenience store ,  .......

But YOU think that the one enforcing the law needs a camera stuck up HIS a$$ !    My advice , contain your errant children , your abusive husband ,   your intoxicated brother  ,turn in your junkie  parents  , and  PUT THE CAMERA ON THE OFFENDER .   Not the protector .   Cops need camera's  on their lapel  as much as your average criminal needs a  lobotomy ,     Why not a   pasted wrap sheet on the chest of the criminal  ?   

It seems that liberal intellectuals have the biggest problem  here ,    requiring more of the cop  that they do of themselves and  That  is the bigger issue ! Personal responsibility will have to become once again the bigger part of this  issue!     Remember  ------"do the crime -do the time !"   

Here's a shocker for you - there is a huge part of America that believes in the mission statement of law enforcement  and law enforcements  positive affects on our culture and society ,   And truly see's the real issue that most   liberals do not ,the seriousness of the  criminal problems ALL across America .   From  designer drugs that alter the minds and behavior of  your drug cultures  ,  the abhorrent behavior  of gangs of  illegal immigrant minorities , of  moral deficiencies of America's youth walking the streets at night looking for " fun" crimes  like the knock out game .

The left believes that anarchy is  just fine with all human behavior and all it's moronic  endeavors    But becomes somehow offended by the same rarity when it happens in law enforcement  ?      My advice  ----grow up  and grow your children up , "Clean up your own house "  and  watch all of these rare cases disappear !

The language of truth , morality and  integrity is mostly  unspoken by the left today ,   learn this language  and teach it to your children , it might save your child's life in the future !

In other words grow up and grow your family up !

1. Will Apse profile image88
                  Will Apseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You realize that many cops are decent people? Why should they be ashamed of what they do?

2. profile image0

Apparently, you believe police officers are delicate flowers who can't tolerate what working class peons have had to endure for decades. Video surveillance is common in the workplace. Many office and service workers are under video surveillance, not to mention internet surveillance and phone monitoring. Corporations routinely monitor employees in a multitude of ways. As a citizen, I want police officers, who are in possession of dangerous weapons, to be monitored. If a bank employee who wields nothing more dangerous than an ink pen  can submit to workplace surveillance then so can police officers.  After all, if they are doing nothing wrong then cameras will merely confirm their innocence. That is what us peons are told by our corporate daddies.

1. Will Apse profile image88
                    Will Apseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Video surveillance has many depressing aspects and I can see why cops would resist their use, but all public servants need to be held to account. Especially those who wield the power of life and death.

When there is a racial or ethnic dimension it is even more important. If Protestant cops were killing Catholics in Northern Ireland at the rate white cops kill black Americans we would soon be back to daily rioting, car bombs and the routine murder of prison officers, soldiers elected officials etc.

Not everyone is as patient as the average black American.

Cameras and the video give me an indeliable account so I am not forced to take the word of police officers, solely, as to what transpired. A picture is worth a thousand words and a moving picture worth one thousand still photographs.

The camera could absolve the officer of wrong doing as well as it works both ways. We ain't going to agree on the purpose of BLM. Do you have a problem with cameras?

Only in that we're already loading down our cops with pounds and pounds of awkward equipment to tote around.  I like cameras - can we trade the baton for them?

I will say, though, that cameras are not the be all and end all to questions.  They are not movie cameras, you know, very carefully aimed by a cameraman to show exactly what is needed, zooming in and out, and with extending mic booms. 

Can't think of the name, but remember the one just recently where a guy was on the ground and surrounded by cops, one of which shot him?  The camera failed to show the arm, reaching for the gun in the pocket.  That kind of thing will remain common, making them a valuable, but limited resource.  There is also that videos of any kind are easily manipulated and we WILL see camera videos only hours after an incident that show something radically different than the one from the cop.

The ability to alter video evidence is not something everyone is capable of to the point that it cannot be detected, this is not Spectre.

These cameras a lightweight are they anymore burdensome than what is in a common cell phone?

It keeps everybody honest and can save municipal departments on the potential for litigation for 'bad shoots', so I think that It is an essential piece of equipment. Not only good for verifying the circumstances of a shooting, but making the cops conduct themselves professionally with each civilian encounter.

I never suggested that the camera be the sole source for making such determinations, but it is evidence that I want available at all times

With all that is going on, I say trust but verify.

And I said I like it.  But you never answered if you would trade the baton for it?  Or just add more junk to what they carry, on the theory that unlimited pieces are fine as long as each is small?

As far as photoshopping a video undetectably; no one has to do that, because those that don't care will carefully ignore any work done.  And those that DO care have other sources anyway.  It's public opinion bothers me here, not that a doctored video will be used to convict or set free.  We already have way too many arm chair lawyers instantly claiming guilty on no more than a low quality video of something irrelevant to the matter.

Whose says that that 'trade' is necessary?

So, what is your issue with public opinion? You do your job the way you are supposed to, and there should be no issue. So, more evidence to either absolve or condemn should be appreciated is possible with the camera.

I did.  We already load them down with too much junk to chase suspects or effectively engage in hand to hand combat and now you want to load more on them. 

Whether a cop did his job has absolutely no bearing on whether public opinion will hang him out to dry.  Even you should recognize that - every single time a black is killed the cry immediately goes out to convict him of murder.  And, Credence, that opinion hurts.  It can and does destroy lives even if it doesn't end them.

2. IslandBites profile image91
    1. GA Anderson profile image88
      GA Andersonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Here is an extended view of that, (or a second), cell phone video;

Miami Herald Video

It does add a little more context, and it does not look good for the policeman that fired. In this version you can see two of the three, (reported),  officers positioned safely behind large utility poles 50 - 100 feet away.

No room here for anything but an honest explanation from the police.

GA

3. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 7 years ago

I'm sure they'll be rolling into the thread shortly to explain why it had to be that guy"s fault. It's the evil liberal left who believe a man on the ground with his hands in the air must be innocent of creating the problem.

I know. I'm sure he must have a criminal record. roll

It's scary. It's becoming as if the police are making a statement. They believe they can shoot with impunity. It's like "Oops, my bad." is sufficient excuse.

4. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

This case sounds like stupidity on ONE cops actions .   Yet , on the other hand ,  How many calls a day across America  do 911  police get stating ........"a man with a gun is.".................whatever ,anything !     A thousand , two ?    Who knows .    In the answer to that equation  alone  lies the answer  to  why ,  how often ,  how many black men  , white  men or blue men  are shot by cops , and   I don't see the  actual moment that this man was shot IN THE VIDEO .    Who knows just what  actions caused  or created this shooting , if any .

Neither am I your secretary, read the account! What does it tell you

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

If the shot man was dead - then right now there would be a thousand posts about the terrible thing he did when he was 19 years old.

6. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 7 years ago

More often I'm the odd man out again.

Vast majority of the people are never shocked to find out Authority's kill far more public persons than the public kills the public persons. Your security and freedom has much been destroyed by the most (1&2) largest corporatism employed corperationism and mercenary for Global elistist.

Considering police have killed 8 times greater than all terrorist groups combined. Than you have police imprisoned or killed a million people in connection with a plant wail only two police men were killed in raids in a year. Then you have the US military, the most employed corperations in the world, stealing, murdering and ruined countries all over the world.

It's petty to hear people over focus one incident when you can see on YouTube and many other online places where cops kill innocent people and worst punishment they get is a desk jobs.

You have seen nothing yet, these are all target practice and test for Marshal law to come. These angels of death have been prepared.
    Pull all your money out of your bank when they announce Marshal law. Only 3 million Americans are prepared for ground zero.

7. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

I truly hate to see  such a juvenile  criticism of all our police across America  ,   Not anyone here knows the entire scenario as it played out ,    Many here in particular ,act like first year law students in a liberal  college - jumping to conclusions based on one news media post . How soon it's all forgotten  when the arrest records come out in the investigation .      Popular opinion is a frail and blind  witness to any altercation ,   I'll give you this to chew on    , Google up the average entry level police patrolman's pay  ,    Not much money is offered for   a baby sitter , a shrink  , a  teacher , a social worker  and a public mentor ,  all of these things the latest requirement for  a police officers .    My advice  , raise your own kids and stop asking the  cops to be baby sitters for latch key spoiled brat kids ,  many of them   begin  life with a juvenile  record and they only get worse as they age .

As far as I'm concerned , There are far less Bad Cops  than there are Bad People !  It's always been that way  - so what exactly HAS changed ?

8. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 7 years ago

There maybe many good cops yet their bosses are rotten to the core.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

By definition we are in a new world order, a third world war and Marshal law. Nobody will believe me until it happens to them.

Hands in the air, like they just don't care.

9. IslandBites profile image91

If this version is true, that officer is a threat to the public. Not a bullet to the target but a shot to the one he was trying to save? yikes Btw, no other officer fired their weapons, maybe the others did hear the guy...?

1. GA Anderson profile image88
      GA Andersonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well damn... Cop was shooting at the white man. No racism at all. Unless of course you are the type that believes in fate.

GA

That's their version (could be true btw).

*I dont think the other guy was white. Latino, maybe?

10. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

I lived in London for thirty years and drove into work routinely. There were always a few cars pulled over by the police. And guess what? They were pretty much always black people.

Black friends always left details of where they were going when they went out at night because there was always a serious chance they would end up in a police station somewhere. Maybe, not in the best condition.

Mothers would beg their teenage sons not to go out after dark.

Police racism is a universal problem in white societies.

Now, I am white in a non-white society. Do I get problems? Of course not.

No ideologies have been developed to demonise white people.

You Brits have civility relative to us, the gunslinging 'Dirty Harry' attitude is yet to bepart of your culture. At least back in '78 when I visited London, police were just as likely to carrying batons as firearms.

11. IslandBites profile image91

Thomas Matthews, the 73-year-old property manager of a corner food store on the street where Kinsey was shot, said he watched the incident unfold through a pair of binoculars.

Matthews said Kinsey and the man with autism often stop by his store to buy candy and juices. “They are always laughing and talking,” Matthews said. He said he saw a female officer with her gun drawn, following behind a male officer who pulled a rifle out of his car, and tried to alert her.

“With the binoculars I could see the toy truck in the autistic kid’s hand,” Matthews said Thursday. “I tried to tell the female officer, but she barked at me to get back.”

Matthews said he then saw the male officer raise the rifle and shoot three times.

12. IslandBites profile image91

On a related note https://www.thenation.com/article/why-i … caregivers.  So sad, for so many reasons.

13. profile image48
    Pipe Lalowposted 7 years ago

So sad...

14. IslandBites profile image91

1. profile image0

I noticed that, too. Good on you for pointing it out.

15. IslandBites profile image91

The cop who shot unarmed Charles Kinsey in Miami has been named. The North Miami Police Department named the officer as Jonathan Aledda, who has been placed on administrative leave.
    Police also announced that another, high-ranking officer, Commander Emile Hollant, had been suspended without pay after he gave "conflicting" statements to investigators about the shooting.

“The police officer who you’ve just heard named, who has been put on leave, totally violated his trust from the public to protect and serve. By giving misinformation to this department, he not only jeopardized Mr. Kinsey’s life and the life of his client, but he jeopardized the life of every police officer who serves in this city.We will not tolerate those types of behavior,” Councilman Scott Galvin said at Friday’s press conference.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Otherwise desk jobs, although that one with must leave with no pay must really hurt.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)