jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)

Republicans are on the right track in this years election !

1. ahorseback profile image54
    ahorsebackposted 3 months ago

Congratulations Republican voters !

While democrat voters and the DNC  have succumbed to their own rhetorical  political cannibalism  , the republican voter and it's  need  for independence from the GOP , have  effectively divorced themselves from the "usual " political minefield of  congressional apathy and  unproductively ,   Trump MAY be the answer to that very cause and he may not be .         At least , win or lose ,   voters on the right have reclaimed  VOTER  powers by rejecting lock ,stock and barrel , the powerful GOP ! 

Lets see the left try that . they're  still looking for free stuff , as Hillary is all about free stuff - for her!

For decades everyone has talked about reclaiming the political  powers by voter influence !   Even if  we fail to elect Trump  this cycle  ,   we have sent an incredible message to  congress , senate and the white house ! They had damned well better  begin listening to the voter or suffer incredible losses !

Democrats everywhere -- say thank you  !

1. Live to Learn profile image80
      Live to Learnposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I don't often agree with you but I do here. Whatever Trump may be, his popularity is mostly a testament to the anger of the people with Washington finally rising to a breaking point.

My hope is that, whatever Trump is, his success will be seen as a catalyst for true statesmen and women to see that it is possible for an outsider to have a chance with the people against the corrupt political machines.

Good or bad, Trump is the winds of change.

ahorsebackposted 3 months ago in reply to this

You agree ?---------wow yes ! yes !   Live to learn  loves me .   

Just stating the facts - for all the professed  enlightenment of the modern left in America today ,  how blatantly  behind the times they are , I mean,   almost every forum post I've EVER  been involved in here  , the assumption and ego-centric belief  is that the" progressive left "......Well, is always more politically advanced than the right ,right ?

But Hillary ? Really people, come out of the caves .

1. PrettyPanther profile image85
          PrettyPantherposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Aw, taking credit for Trump now that he is tje Republican nominee after months of bashing him in the forums? How "mature" of you, to use one of your favorite words.

while I understand some of you are rationalizing your support of a billionaire one percenter whose entire campaign is based on fear of the "other" and pompous pronouncements that only he can fix the world, I will not cut you any slack.

Supporting an ugly narcissist with the temperament of a two year old and depth of a mud puddle is not noble. It is dangerously stupid. Trump is not a noble billionaire. He is a sick con artist. Think about it. if he is as wonderful as you all proclaim him to be, wouldn't he have had all kinds of famous people coming out of the woodwork to speak at the convention? Famous people who run in the same circles as he does? Where were they? Nowhere to be found.

I voted for Bernie. I am not thrilled with Hillary, but I will not vote for that self-serving idiot.

Yes, I worked in government, just like those police officers you adore.

Edited to add: He picked Mike Pence to appease the Republican establishment. Real evidence that he intends to shake things up, heh?

1. Live to Learn profile image80

I suppose you can look at it that way. I see it more as an 'anybody but the establishment' sentiment. Sure, Trump has his faults. Some dangerous ones. Some ugly ones. I wouldn't deign to pretend that they aren't there, as some do. But, he isn't Hillary. He isn't Hillary and he isn't Hillary. Her faults far outweigh his primarily because she is a politician. She has gotten away with enough and it is time politicians learned that they are not kings and queens above our laws. That there are repercussions for misconduct and mismanagement of our government.

I don't see Trump as the answer. I see him as a line in the sand. If you can't clean up your own house we'll set the stage to do it for you. Trump is just one man and it will take more (and better) people to do what needs to be done but his inexplicable popularity is the harbinger.. Yes, he is pandering to the masses at the moment. But, if the masses weren't totally fed up with business as usual there would be no masses to pander to.

You can look at Trump choosing Pence as some type of a peace offering to the establishment. I suppose that isn't an unfair conclusion. I don't see it as such. But, it doesn't matter.

1. wilderness profile image97
              wildernessposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Well said, and my sentiments (and, I think, those of many, many others) exactly.

"Yes, he is pandering to the masses at the moment."

Consider changing "pandering" to "connecting" and the picture is a little clearer.  It's a little tough to connect to one of the movers and shakers of the country when she was broke on leaving the white house and has 80 million just 15 years later.  On a politicians salary, yet.

2. Live to Learn profile image80

Love is a pretty strong word. Let's just say I agree with you on some points.

3. colorfulone profile image89
          colorfuloneposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Congratulations!  Its a day of celebration to get kudos from LL, I celebrate with you. 

Trump has brought back a VISION for America that allows the people to DREAM again. The American dream is possible for everyone under a Trump administration.  It is not under another Clinton administration which would be more of the same failed policies that is running this country to hell.

1. jonnycomelately profile image87
            jonnycomelatelyposted 3 months ago in reply to this

And what precisely is that Dream?  Details please.

2. johnmariow profile image82
    johnmariowposted 3 months ago

Trump will not fulfill the campaign promises he made during his campaign.  Apparently Trump thinks he can dictate the actions of other nations. This line of thought comes from his businesses wherein he dictates what his workers will do.

The moment Trump chose his Vice President, Trump became an establishment Republican.  Trump appears unaware of the Constitutional powers of the three branches of government. One President once stated, "When I was a US Senator, I looked in awe at the power of the President. When I became President, I look in awe at the power of the US Congress."

All politicians need to represent their constituents. They don't. And this is the reason for the revolt against the GOP.

ahorsebackposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Fraid your wrong about Trump , the more I realize how strong a character he is  ,how  independent of political  control , the more I realize even I was wrong about him ,you yourself saw how  the GOP rejected him ,  in fact  choosing to back Hillary instead of losing their own  do nothing presence in congress !      Now  that they too realized that Trump was the only one to hold true to the original GOP party promise ,in that  he beat their as&es to a pulp ,   they will scramble to either get him elected or to SILENTLY back Hillary .

His true strength is more Reagan-ist  although not truly conservative ,  you too will realize how he is far more the centrist than Hillary ever thought of being .   Hillary has promised too much to too may  !

I saw a Hillary convention the other day and realized instantly - This is her average  follower !

"Gimme something free !"

1. IslandBites profile image86
        IslandBitesposted 3 months ago in reply to this

3. IslandBites profile image86
    IslandBitesposted 3 months ago

http://i.amz.mshcdn.com/LrkZ98PE0GTh6e5Y6qHISw9MZBo=/950x534/2016%2F07%2F22%2F53%2FThiel.29864.jpg Maybe?

But then... Naaah!

1. jonnycomelately profile image87
      jonnycomelatelyposted 3 months ago in reply to this

So?  What's the problem?

4. colorfulone profile image89
    colorfuloneposted 2 months ago

Nice to have the corrupt Republican party establishment gone, Bushes, McCains... Trump beat them!  It should be called the USA Party. 

Nice to see the DNC crumbling under Hillary's feet with the Wikileaks...Bernie supporters are outraged at the corruption and lies, and want her to step down.