jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

Do you believe postmodern, 21st century computerized America will

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9033462.png
    increasingly belong to those who are highly educated, skilled, & affluent while those who are less educated w/little or no skills, & poor will fall behind & be relegated to a permanent, even disposable underclass to be used in combat, slave labor, & to fill prison systems?  Why? Why not?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 4 months ago in reply to this

When your car fails, your plumbing breaks, you wish childcare or a home remodel you will figure out the answer.

2. colorfulone profile image88
      colorfuloneposted 4 months ago in reply to this

The aristocrats' greed isn't going to just go away.   

ADDED: but

"Americanism will be our credo, not Globalism."

"The era of economic surrender is over."

~  Trump

1. Castlepaloma profile image23
        Castlepalomaposted 4 months ago in reply to this

There a crazy joke about aristocrats, I won't say it.

1. colorfulone profile image88

Email it to me.

3. Credence2 profile image86
      Credence2posted 4 months ago in reply to this

Yes,  I agree. You covered it all: well educated, skilled which covers the trades, plumbing/electricians etc., and otherwise, affluent. You have to have a degree to engage in the mortuary sciences. The days of droppingoutof high school and moving into jobs with wages that are defined as 'middle class' are over.

Imagine if Russia nuked a main nuclear energy plant and all the light and energy goes out it America. What would the upper class do then?

Considering North America owns 46℅ of the World's energy's.

2. gmwilliams profile image86
        gmwilliamsposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Such jobs have been over since the 1970s.   Beginning in the 1970s, having a college degree has increasingly become a prerequisite for many jobs.  Even in the 1970s, there has been a devaluing of the Bachelor's Degree.  The Bachelor's Degree was slowly becoming the equivalent of a high school diploma.  During this period, college graduates had a difficult time finding jobs that were commensurate w/their education.  I knew many college graduates at that time who had to work in Mcjobs i.e. clerical & secretarial positions in department stores & other companies. 

Now, a mere Bachelor's Degree means nothing of significance.  One must have AT LEAST a Master's Degree in order to enter into a professional arena which would provide an upper middle class lifestyle.  Lower level clerical & white collar jobs are being phased out, outsourced, or becoming automated.  In order to thrive in 21st century America, only the solidly middle, upper middle, & upper classes will survive, even flourish in the new, computerized economy.   The lower middle, working, & lower classes will become the new impoverished classes.  They will be relegated to a slave/serf class, becoming more disposable.  Many of the lower middle, working, & lower classes will be used by the government as army fodder & as prison labor as these classes will be incarcerated en masse because of very little job opportunities.

2. ahorseback profile image52
    ahorsebackposted 4 months ago

I realize more and more how futile it is to try to decipher  reason  from liberalism or  progressivism  . It's no wonder really that there are few conservatives in political forums  , for progressives are powerless when it comes to the determination of reason , to fiscal responsibility and to having  far less central and controlling  government on our backs .

Its almost like progressives have a kryptonite  factor to reason ,  common sense  and truth ,in fact  to everything except for  entitlements , kind of like the kid that's just not giving up until he gets the ice cream cone !

So I've come up with the  political shout out for Hillary lovers .........".Yea Hillary ,Now  gimme' something !"

Horse
      You know I have no trust or stake in American Politicians. Ron Paul was the only one I trusted and even him has no power follow through for solutions because new World order almost owns everyone and thing.

Russia once did make a plot and did threaten America to nuke their total energy grid. America dose not have the defense for the Russian system. Bill Gates proposal is replace all energy to nuclear energy and depopulated of the earth to a half a billion people. Talk about childish.

1. colorfulone profile image88

Cell phone towers, along with many other radiating antennas, are poisoning people in American and Canada with Radio Frequency (RF) radiation.  The radiation can and does alter cellular DNA and depending on exposure and susceptability it can be very unhealthy.  There is enough RF in cell phone towers alone to fry people in regions.  I won't even get into HARRP.

I have read that Steve Jobs didn't allow his kids to use iPhones or iPads.  The Technocrats don't allow their children to use computers, or very limited use.  Many of them send their children to schools that do not allow computers in classrooms, or cell phones.

I love Ron Paul, and his son Rand is like his father.

working