jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Liberalism...........Progressivism in America

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 months ago

WHAT ROAD is the United States going regarding its Liberalism & Progressivism?   Do you like where America is going regarding its Liberalism & Progressivism?   Is American culture & society becoming better because of its Liberalism & Progressivism or has it become......WORSE?  Your thoughts?

1. promisem profile image96
      promisemposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I have to answer your questions with questions of my own.

Do you believe "liberal" and "progressive" are the same political viewpoints?

Must a conservative be opposed to all progress? Can a liberal be in favor of keeping some things the same?

If Ronald Reagan signed any legislation that made the country better, does that mean he was a progressive?

1. Credence2 profile image85
        Credence2posted 2 months ago in reply to this

Interesting question, I think thatitisamix and matchwithno true absolute at either end of the spectrum; no change verses perpetual change.

We all celebrate the idea that our system of government has basically remained the same over the past 240 years, there is stability for you that we all can agree on.

The idea of conservative verses liberal/progressive is defined through tendency and reflex as to how each responds to the idea of change

1. colorfulone profile image86
          colorfuloneposted 2 months ago in reply to this

American made vs foreign made. 
          What country were you born in?