jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Globalism? What in the hell are Conservative talking about now?

1. Credence2 profile image85
    Credence2posted 4 months ago

We are the world's preeminent superpower, with 800 military posts around the world, if that is not 'global' then I don't know what is? Are we to retreat to a 1930's style relative isolationism? We are inextricably linked into the world financial markets and I heard that we owe China a sawbuck or two. The great capitalist system, that conservatives love to extol, has as a fundamental principle the concept of outsourcing, enhancing profits and lowering costs. How do we rein in that aspect of globalism? Let's start with Nabisco.

Even Einstein's exotic theories allowed for the possibility of acceleration of time for travel into the future, but nothing about retrieving the past. Donald trump seems to have theories of his own as to how we can accomplish travel into the past. But,I will ask him to verify something for me that is no where near as daunting. How are you going to bring back 1960's era manufacturing jobs in direct contradiction to a fundamentalist principle of capitalism, when both youand your wife's product lines are in a substantial way, manufactured abroad? What is it now, stirring people up with rhetoric that is not science fiction but fantasy. Whose buying it?

So, in the face of all this, what is Americanism, really?

Your thought please.....

1. Castlepaloma profile image23
      Castlepalomaposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Maybe American can apply for more passports. Then buy maps with other countries on it, rather than America. Then take a tour and you will find better old American ideas in Other countries than re-invade  those ideas and bring them home again.

Credence2posted 4 months ago in reply to this

Heck, why the hell not? Makes as much sense as what the present approaches are. I can't Imagine the conservative militarist letting go of a single base or installation.

2. PrettyPanther profile image87
      PrettyPantherposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I suspect you will not get answers to your questions. Wouldst it be nice if those who are constantly railing against globalism would explain what it is?

What I have been able to glean from their posts is that it is sinister, and has something to do with

The illuminati
      The Bushes
      The Clintons
      The Rockefellers
      FEMA death camps
      climate change
      sustainabilily
      Martial law
      Etc.

Zionist banker would be at the top of the pyramid

3. rhamson profile image77
      rhamsonposted 4 months ago in reply to this

The globalism trend is an attempt by the corporations to drive costs down thereby improving profits for themselves. It has nothing to do with the lifting the poverty levels of poorer countries or providing a higher standard of living for us in the west by reducing costs for the junk that we buy. We are too ensconced in the globalization to go back at this time. We were asleep at the wheel and as usual bought the lies it promoted. We are now finding we are being trapped in jobs that have no upward movement and as inflation rises we cannot afford to maintain what we have. The TPP and other trade agreements are the final step in eliminating our sovereignty and choices as to what other countries can claim against us. The lawyers and corporations will have the choices and not for the good of the country. It will only fill their pockets more deeply.

No top economist has a solution, it must crash then rebuild.

1. rhamson profile image77
          rhamsonposted 4 months ago in reply to this

We have seen the results of crashing. They rob the treasury and give us the bill. It will have to go farther than that I fear.

2. colorfulone profile image88
    colorfuloneposted 4 months ago

Cred on this thread of yours I thought, ... well maybe you didn't get answers you wanted to hear or something like that?

"What is it about the Right and its obsession with "Globalism"?"
    http://hubpages.com/politics/forum/1369 … -globalism

Perhaps you are not asking the right questions?  IDK

Credence2posted 4 months ago in reply to this

I forgot about that, thanks....

I will review any responses you made if any....

1. colorfulone profile image88
        colorfuloneposted 4 months ago in reply to this

No worries!'  smile
        Its not very often that I get to help you out remembering. I'm use to it taking care of my dear sweet, Pretty Mama! with Alzheimer's.  I help her remember stuff. 

"Americanism, not Globalism, will be our credo"
        ~  Donald J. Trump

Americanism = Made In The USA! / Jobs!
        Globalism = Made in China, Taiwan, Mexico, NAFTA, CAFTA, TPP, the Fed, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan (Wall Street), the Democratic and Republican establishment and shills, etc.

3. ahorseback profile image45
    ahorsebackposted 4 months ago

You people have some confusion as to the meaning of globalism ?

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13118156.jpg

IF THIS ISN'T GLOBALISM ,  I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS  !

4. ahorseback profile image45
    ahorsebackposted 4 months ago

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13119176.jpg

True Globalism ---  For the Clinton Foundation of course !
    http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13119178.png

working