jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (21 posts)

What Were the Differences Between the DNC and the RNC?

1. Sychophantastic profile image83
    Sychophantasticposted 4 months ago

If you watched some of both the Democratic and Republican conventions, what were the differences you noticed?

1. PrettyPanther profile image87
      PrettyPantherposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I watched most of both conventions.  Just off the top of my head, these are my quick observations.

1)  The RNC convention was rough around the edges, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  It gave it a raw, natural feel that probably appeals to many people.  The DNC was, in contrast, impeccably organized and well orchestrated which could be considered good, but could also be considered just more of the same establishment bull wrapped up in a pretty bow.

2)  The DNC convention was way more diverse, both in delegate makeup and in speakers.

3)  Neither convention spent a lot of time on policy specifics. Instead

3)  The tone of the RNC convention was angry, fearful, and hateful.  I realize this is my impression and others might not agree with it.  The RNC speeches contained a lot of talk about moving American "back" to what it was, and fear of the "others." Also "Hillary Bad."  The tone of the DNC convention was hopeful, happy, uplifting and bright, peppered with some "Donald Bad."  Again, my impression.  The DNC speeches contained a lot of talk about moving forward and including everyone in the process.

4)  Both conventions had their controversy.  Ted Cruz, chants of "lock her up" for the RNC.  The DNC had the email scandal and booing Bernie supporters.

5)  The RNC didn't have many big name speakers.  Scott Baio?  I guess the primary Republican demographic, old white people, know who he is.  The DNC had some big guns:  Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, to name a few. 

6)  Biggest takeaway for me:  Donald painted a bleak, horrific picture of the U.S., then claimed that "he alone" can save us from the horrible state we are in.  The Democrats painted a picture of a great nation, the greatest nation on earth, that still has work to.  The message I got was that it takes all of us to worth together to create change and "form a more perfect union."

There is more, but those are my main thoughts on both conventions.

1. ahorseback profile image50
        ahorsebackposted 4 months ago in reply to this

You so quickly and always  justify whatever   the  DNC  does  ,  yet Hillary is slipping and will continue to do so in the polls  !   How can you  justify the treasonous  tenure of  a crook  ?  Her trust polls are horrendous  , her  likeability is tanked . 

I know  I should understand though , you were a Government employee weren't you ?    After all  , all employee's of and especially unions of one or another,  have to drink the cool-aid !   My wife is a Post -master in the USPS ,    she went through the same brainwashing  .   My suggestion to you , as you have said  that you are now retired , is to learn to think independently of the  commands of the crooked  system  that you were employed by , you owe it to your  tax payer earned retirement package   !

You know, I'm really growing weary of your one-track mind.

But, just to humor you, please provide a link to where I "justified" anything that went on at the DNC.  You might want to look up the definition because I'm not sure you understand the meaning of the word.

If you want to keep harassing me about once being employed by the government, then you better be consistent and harass police officers and members of the military, not to mention former veterans who are now paid by the VA to be doctors, therapists, and mentors to our veterans with physical and mental injuries.  After all, if I was brainwashed, then so were they.  Your statements on these forums are some of the most ridiculous things I've ever read, and make me shudder at the shallow reasoning that exists among American voters but, then, I have to check myself and remember that everyone, no matter how ill informed and partisan, has a right to their opinion and a right to vote their conscience.

Yeah, I know, horse, "liberals bad."  I'll check back for you to show me specifically where I "justified" anything at the DNC.

I shouldn't diss you I know ,   but die hard  liberal cool aid drinkers  ignite  my sense of  righteousness .
            My advice to all  extreme liberals , really , it's not so difficult to learn to think for yourself !  You will actually enjoy the practice.

First, if you even paid attention to what I post on the forums, you might notice I am not extreme. 

Second, I think for myself all the time.  You just don't notice because you're too busy categorizing me and anyone who disagrees with you into your ugly little box.

Last, please point to anything I have said that is extreme.  I have noticed that whenever I ask you to provide examples to back up your statements, you don't provide them.  Why is that?  It should be easy.  Your opinion of me is so adamantly strong, you must have TONS of examples to support it.

Isn't this fun !...........:-}

No answer, as usual.  I'm glad you're enjoying yourself.  Sincerely.  If we're doing this and hating it, then we're really screwed up.

......:-}  Don't hate .

2. PhoenixV profile image80
      PhoenixVposted 4 months ago in reply to this

The msm manipulated-created the image.

working