jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (15 posts)

You Kind of Have to Wonder...

1. Valeant profile image90
    Valeantposted 4 months ago

You kind of have to wonder about this GOP strategy in attacking Clinton about her honesty and trustworthiness.  I could see taking this line if they had put Rubio or Kasich up as their nominee.  But they have Donald Trump as their candidate.  This is a man who Politifact has noted lies over 90% of the time when he speaks.  This is a man who has zero grasp on foreign policy.  This is a man who uses fraud as one of the staples of his business philosophy.

Trust as a campaign issue is a wash...
    http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13127857.jpg

1. PrettyPanther profile image86
      PrettyPantherposted 4 months ago in reply to this

He lies about the stupidest things, too. He's already whining about the debates, the schedule iin particular, claiming the NFL sent him a letter. A spokesman for the NFL humorously said, "doesn't he know we'll be asked about this?" or something to that effect. Anyway, they officially stated they did not send a letter to Trump.

Why would he even say such a thing? He's like a child. Can you imagine him in negotiations with any foreign country?

1. Credence2 profile image86
        Credence2posted 4 months ago in reply to this

Wow, that's a hot one, is he trying to weasel out of debates with Ms. Clinton already? This does not bode well.

It is pretty dumb to tell a lie that can be easily proven to be such. But maybe it is the old 'slight of hand trick" as employed by the "master negotiator'. Yuge!!!  The GOP must be committing political suicide, but to suffer Trump? There are many far less painful ways to die.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image86
          Kathryn L Hillposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Supposedly, he is not one of the globalists. Supposedly, he does not have the puppet strings. Supposedly / apparently he is not a politician. He says what people are secretly thinking and stands on the side of political incorrectness. What he says and who really he is doesn't seem to matter. Once in office HE will have the most to lose.
          And we will too. Its like walking on the edge of a razor for ALL of us.

1. Credence2 profile image86
            Credence2posted 4 months ago in reply to this

Who he is and what he stands for do matter if such a man is allowed anywhere near the authority launch thermonuclear war. A wayward toddler in temperment. There is no equivocating, as far as I am concerned, this man, Trump, is out.

Is the story verified, if he is so self assured can't he meet and easily defeat Hillary Clinton in the debate arena? Is he hiding something? Does he need to?

2. PrettyPanther profile image86
    PrettyPantherposted 4 months ago

The Trump camp is setting the stage for two things: 1) weasling out of the debates by claiming bias, and 2) claiming bias in the election process, media, and anywhere else they can think of to save face when he loses the election.

The big baby is a master at not taking responsibility for his own failings.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Claiming bias in the election process?  I thought that was Bernies (correct) claim?

Accurate observation. Do you think both candidates' complaints have the same motivation behind them?

Sure - to better their chance of getting elected.  Or do you think Bernie said it for the good of the Democratic party?

Actually, yes.

Well, there isn't much to say to that, is there?  We will all have our opinions, whether they make any sense or have any connection to reality.

True. I should say that I believe it is more accurate to say Bernie did it for the good of Democratic voters which is ultimately good for the party.

To which I would reply that what is good for the voters is NOT necessarily good for the party.  Very often it is not, and may harm them as much in this election as giving Trump the nomination (which will be good for the R party) will harm the R party in this election.

Considering that "the party" actually means the ones in the shadows that control it, I would go so far as to say that what is good for the voters is very often not what is good for the party.  Either one of them.

LOL, once again this reveals a difference in our outlook.  I believe what's good for Democratic voters is good for the Democratic party.  I don't care if there are party insiders who don't believe that.  I believe it and as I stated, I believe Bernie working for the good of Democratic voters will ultimately by good for the Democratic party.

working