jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Shouldn't Obama at least fly over La ,Miss flooding ?

1. ahorseback profile image52
    ahorsebackposted 2 months ago

Instead he is working on his golf game in Martha's Vineyard  while there are  coffins  and bodies  floating in the Mississippi River , people are  drowning   , thousands  of homes under water .   Looks like Obama doesn't   "like " the Governor there , maybe he can  at least send a Face Book message . 

Where's Hillary's , shopping for Armani ?

1. Live to Learn profile image81
      Live to Learnposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Fly over? Like Bush after Katrina?

2. PrettyPanther profile image87
      PrettyPantherposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Would you prefer he fly in and hand out play-do like Donald?? The Louisiana governor is happy with the Obama administration response.

'President Barack Obama has received criticism for staying on vacation rather than traveling to Louisiana to see the damage first-hand.

But Edwards said Thursday that he's spoken with the White House daily and has received quick responses for each request he's made to the administration. He noted that FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate visited the state Tuesday and Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson was in-state Thursday.

Edwards said he is "not complaining in any way about our federal partnership."

He added that while the President can visit whenever he'd like, he'd prefer him to wait "a week or two" because such visits require local police and first responders to help block roads and provide security."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/late … y-41478191

P. S.. This is the real ABC news site, not the fake right-wing one that certain people love to quote.

3. colorfulone profile image88
      colorfuloneposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Trump is saying we need to hire people who are out of work, across the board, who want to work (all inclusive).  I don't hear Obama saying...'hey, white people, hire black people'.  Maybe he will take some tips from a real leader.  I'm optimistic, it could happen.

I think I read that Obama will visit LA on Tuesday.  That would be great, because those people need all the support they can get right now.  It meant a lot to them to have Trump and Pence visit.  Trump donated $100,000. to help Louisiana residents effected by the flood, plus a tractor trailer full of supplies for all ages. Toys for Tots, too!  (and, some people make that out to be a bad thing?)

1. ahorseback profile image52
        ahorsebackposted 2 months ago in reply to this

And by the way , Trump did not take his media people with him he just showed up with his people  and began working ACTUALLY ignoring media questions !  People there actually loved it !

Obama probably could have done the same -first !

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 2 months ago

How would it help anyone?