jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Clowns are banned Now From Hallloween

1. Stevennix2001 profile image84
    Stevennix2001posted 2 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13225470_f520.jpg
    According to Young Turks, the clown sightings have not only increased in the recent months, but it's been taken to quite a new level, with a select few.  One kid in Philadelphia was stabbed to death by a clown.  Various kids have claimed to be chased by clowns on the street, as they carried various weapons like chains and machetes.  Some kids claim that the clowns try to lure them into the woods, while offering them money. 

Granted, there were a few clown sightings that turned out to be hoaxes, but it's gotten pretty serious to the point that a bunch of cyber clowns made threats to children online, which prompted an entire school to close down in fear of the threat. 

Now, various cities are banning clown costumes throughout the US; even during Halloween.  Hell, it's even gotten to the point that a cop got in trouble for merely being caught dressed as a clown in his own home, so are we taking it too far by banning clown costumes completely?  Or do you think this is a necessary evil?    Please discuss. 

Edit:  Here's a link to know more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJJt0UikVzY

1. mrpopo profile image87
      mrpopoposted 2 months ago in reply to this

#NotAllClowns #ClownLivesMatter

1. colorfulone profile image87
        colorfuloneposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Nice to see you in the forums again, Mr Popo.  I was thinking of you just yesterday and hoping you would come by.  There you are!   

We need to ban the incompetent clowns in the government. 

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13226415.jpg

1. mrpopo profile image87
          mrpopoposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I check the forums every now and then but no longer have the time to engage in discussion. Only got time to spread clown memes like this one: https://twitter.com/MattConYT/status/784161854494941185

Thanks for the link. I agree that Clown Lives Matter. I saw that professional clowns created the new movement.  I think people should be able to dress up anyway they want to for Halloween for the fun of it. But! They could ban Halloween and that wouldn't matter to me in the least.

1. Live to Learn profile image81
              Live to Learnposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Ban Halloween? How do you think the kids would feel about that?

Oh, the kids don't have to worry, I'm pretty sure about that.  They aren't going to ban Halloween. That would be hard to do.  Its a big money maker that helps the economy, its big revenue.

I do earn a small extra income from costume sales all year through (mostly adult costumes), but it picks up closer to the holiday.   I have often wondered what adults buy costumes for all year through. That is curious to me being out of the loop, but it must be for adult costume parties.

2. Live to Learn profile image81
      Live to Learnposted 2 months ago in reply to this

What baffles me is that everyone everywhere pulls out their phone for everything but not one shot of a creepy clown.

Makes you wonder.

3. Credence2 profile image85
      Credence2posted 2 months ago in reply to this

I think that this is being taken too far. How can you ban people from wearing a costume? These laws and ordinances addressing indecent exposure, but there is no such issue here.

2. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 2 months ago

As someone with a serious clown phobia I am 100% on board with this.  wink

Seriously though I don't think it's a terrible idea as it's obviously been an issue of safety and fear and having a sh*t ton of clowns walking around on Halloween makes it really hard to know who's a threat and who's just dressed up as a regular costume. 

I don't foresee it being a long-term thing, but in the context of the recent events I don't think it's the end of the world to tell someone they can't dress up as something for one Halloween.

3. Paxash profile image89
    Paxashposted 2 months ago

Two people in my area got arrested for running around the high school threatening people while dressed as clowns. Arresting them was a bit extreme, but people should really know better than to be deliberately terrorizing people dressed as clowns with all the stuff that's been going on.

It's ridiculous that the situation has escalated to the point of some places banning the costume, but at the same time, it's really become a safety measure at this point. There's so much uncertainty in the situation that I don't blame people for being scared. Just pick a different costume.

working