jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

So trump pretty much dumped on Hilary last night , finally !

1. ahorseback profile image46
    ahorsebackposted 2 months ago

Hilary was severely rattled by all her past personal and political indiscretions  .Especially when she walked into the room and saw  all of Bills girl friends gathered around him !    What does she say ......".it was all lies "    Lies about lies about lies .

So , Who won ?.     Bring it on .

1. lions44 profile image94
      lions44posted 2 months ago in reply to this

Will all that craziness get him any more votes? That's the important question.

To that, I say no.   The Bill Clinton stuff only appeals to the hardcore Trump voter.  How does the help the unemployed 55 year old machinist figure out who to vote for?

1. ahorseback profile image46
        ahorsebackposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Well, for starters , Has the democrat policies helped you or hurt - Look to the Reagannomics  , it worked , lower taxes =job creations !   Proven .

1. lions44 profile image94
          lions44posted 2 months ago in reply to this

Why didn't he talk about that more last night?  He mentioned lower taxes but then droned on about "knowing the tax code."   Cutting the personal rate from 35% to 15% is nuts.   Cutting the corporate tax rate is a good thing.  It is needed. However, his first 20 minutes ruined any chance he had of making headway.   Wasted time. Tacky beginning and did not help win any women's votes.

When people ask, "What will Trump do?"  His supporters always answer with a negative about the Democrats.  It may be a true statement, but to win the Presidency you eventually have to spell out how you intend to create a better economy.   If you want to advertise your restaurant, you don't put up a sign that says the "The other guy sucks, try me!". You put up an ad that says "Delicious food."     

I realize it's too late at this point, but I really believe he could have won if he had taken a more positive tone.

working