One Million Black People Desperately Need Our Help

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)
  1. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Please, watch this short video:  Shocking Footage!

Haiti:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IWrPXt7NJ4

Do what you can, if all you can do is pray...be earnest. 
    Call your US Congressmen, call the media and ask them to stop ignoring the great needs of these people. Spread this video on social media, on a Hub or blog. 

Help, if you care! 
    People are dying in need of medical help, food and water now.

The International Governments / charities are doing very little to help.
    http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13242088.jpg
    Permission is always granted by Infowars to use any of their media.

1. lions44 profile image94
      lions44posted 7 years agoin reply to this

It is heartbreaking.   We need to really get serious about helping Haiti long term.  I'll share the video and request on my social media.  Thx.

colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It is heartbreaking.  This is the charity Gary Heavin has been supporting for 5-6 years.  They are right there in Haiti.

FERHA.org:  http://ferha.org/

Mr. Heavin said that the UN has only secured $12 million for the Hurricane Matthew disaster in Haiti, for 1.4 million people, that's less than $10 per person. 

The media isn't covering the story in Haiti, because the media is covering for Hillary, and people are dying.

How The Clintons Stole Haiti’s Future / $2 billion +
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbxmivWxy7M

2. Kailua-KonaGirl profile image86
      Kailua-KonaGirlposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It's pretty much the same help the people of New Orleans got during Katrina. Nothing. Here it is 10 years later and they still have not gotten the money they were promised to rebuild. My heart goes out to the people of Haiti, but it goes to the American people first.. America has already given billions of dollars to the Haitian people.

In 2010, after a devastating earthquake, $500 million was donated to the Red Cross for Haiti.  I never did see where it all went. It didn't look like the Haitian people ever saw it either. Was it stolen or squandered by the Haitian government or Haitian guerrillas? Was it stolen by the Red Cross? No one seems to know.

The United Nations said that  $13.34 billion was earmarked for the crisis yet two years after the quake, less than half of that amount had actually been released, according to U.N. documents. What was done in Haiti with the money that was released?

In 2013, the Haitians received $170.3 million and it was squandered on wasteful projects, i.e. a failed port and power plant,  instead of it going to the people of Haiti to help them rebuild and feed themselves.

What is the point of donating even more money if:
      1)They never receive it and it again goes into another rich politicians or aid agency's pocket.
      2) The money they do get is squandered because of US and Haitian government officials.

In 2015 the Clintons were in charge of  more relief money for the Haitians. Bill Clinton was the designated UN representative for aid to Haiti and Hillary was the  U. S. Secretary of State, in charge of U.S. aid allocated to Haiti.  The Haitians again are claiming they never received the funding.

This past year, the Red Cross and the Salvation Army claim to have provided almost $11 billion in aid, with $4 billion coming from the United States. Yet again, the Haitians are claiming they have received very little of this aid money.

You pose good questions.  I have Chelsea Clinton's report that she sent Bill and Hillary, dated Date: 08/31/2015

"There is a context section at the bottom, which is longer than I would like, but I
        think it is important to articulate what I saw and whom I spoke with (and what I
        didn't see and whom I didn't meet) so that you understand my data set and its clear
        limitations. To say I was profoundly disturbed by what I saw - and didn't see -
        would be an understatement. The incompetence is mind numbing. Not incidentally,
        it rained twice while I was there. If we do not quickly change the organization,
        management, accountability and delivery paradigm on the ground, we could quite
        conceivably confront tens of thousands of children's deaths by diarrhea, dysentery,
        typhoid and other water-related diseases in the near future.
        Below are my major
        takeaways and a few nascent/early thoughts on what we (however we define we)
        could to do drive significant and incremental improvements on the ground in the
        near and longer term. As is often said, if I had more time - and less emotion - I
        would have written a shorter letter. I hope this mini-behemoth is not rife with
        grammatical errors or inadvertent gaps; I am sorry if either true.

Please do not forward this in whole or in part attributed to me without asking me first - happy to be an invisible soldier. Mainly hope this is even marginally helpful.
        Thanks,
        Chelsea "

You can read the disgusting report here:  https://foia.state.gov/searchapp/DOCUME … 774208.pdf

Gary Heavin, is a billionaire, who has been helping in Haiti since the terrible earthquake, and now after Hurricane Matthew.  He is spending his own money. He is on the video in the OP.  Gary and his crew are flying eight missions a week to bring food, water and medical supplies to Haiti.  They is little else being done there by any organizations expect for H.E.R.O. that they can see.

One of Heavin's cargo planes crash just the other day and the crew was killed. Its a very dangerous mission, you can see in the video where they have to land the planes.     

Gary Heavin, knows first hand about the Clinton Foundation in Haiti.

2. Credence2 profile image79
        Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

1)They never receive it and it again goes into another rich politicians or aid agency's pocket.
        2) The money they do get is squandered because of US and Haitian government officials.

I believe that is the reason so much aid money never get to its intended source. Much of the nation's leaders and bureaucrats are absconding with money.

2. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Every time Mr. Heavin feeds a little child, he is reminded of how evil the Clintons are.

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13243465.jpg
    Photo of little girl in Haiti via Skype by Gary Heavin

How The Clintons Stole Haiti’s Future
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbxmivWxy7M

Gary: The bible tells us that we would call evil good and good evil. The Clinton Foundation has stolen $2B.

Obama did have military in Haiti, but they are pulling out today or tomorrow from what Gary says.  Over a million people are being left to die. Thank God, Mr. Heavin is doing all that he can...and he sure could use more hands-on help trying to save as many as he can.

1. Kailua-KonaGirl profile image86

You cannot just blame the Clintons. As you know, because of reading the pdf file written by Chelsea, it goes beyond the Clintons. I know Trump wants to expand the military, if elected, and this is one place that really needs their help.

The elected government officials and the Red Cross who have had control over all monies allocated and donated to the Haitian people need to be examed, prosecuted for fraud, at the very least, and forced to pay back all of the stolen money. Dig it out of their pockets and put it into the hands of the Haitian people who need it more than their greedy souls. If necessary, put UNICEF in charge as they seem to be the only organization that does what they say they are going to do.

It is obvious to me that the Haitian government cannot be trusted to oversee operations or allocation of funds and the UN is a huge joke that is not very funny.

I am torn with the American Red Cross. After the scandal of their organization withholding monies donated to the victims of hurricane Katrina, Irene, and Sandy I know longer want to donate to ANY victims through them. It should not be up to them where to allocate the funds donated to them. If I donate $500 to the victims of hurricane Irene in Schoharie, NY, that is where I want my $500 to go. If I donate $500 to the victims in Haiti, that is where I want my donation to go and that is how their accounts should be set up. Non-profits should not be allowed to hold monies to earn interest as they are NON-profit and not FOR-profit. They should, by law, allocate the funds per the request of the donator.

More volunteers are needed in these NON-profit organizations to keep the administration expenses under control. Unfortunately, because of the high wages paid in these administration offices, and the high cost of mahogany desks in offices (yes, the offices of the United Way are gorgeous with mahogeny desks) I have read that only 10% of my donations go to the victims and 90% goes to administration "expenses". I remember in the 1950s and 1960s when it was the other way around. The victims received 90% and the admin received 10%.

I quit giving to the United Way for the same reason. They keep 90% and only give 10%. And that is a fact, not just a guesstimate.

These days I only give money directly to the organization I want to have it. When I give to Planned Parenthood, I give it to them directly. I drove to Schoharie to donate funds there as neither FEMA nor the Red Cross came through as expected. Insurance companies still are not paying home owners to any of the flood victims; including those who have been paying for flood insurance for years.

I don't know who is NOT on the bandwagon of skimming donations anymore, and seriously, until it is sorted out, I don't see the point of donating to fill the pockets of someone who makes far more money than I do since and  since the victims never get it.
      Is UNICEF the answers for overseas donations? Hard to tell since they are affiliated with the UN. When Eleanor Roosevelt first began the organization in 1946 it did a lot of good and has done so for years, but are they still. According to Chelsea's pdf report, they are but are underfunded. It makes me wonder again. Why isn't the UN allocating any of the Haitian funds to UNICEF?

Thanks for letting me vent, but I have wasted too much time doing so. Nothing will change until people as a whole start taking responsibility for their actions, no matter how small their actions may seem to be.

Parents need to hold their children responsible and teach them there are always consequences for their actions, both negative and positive, dependant on what their actions may be.

On this latest video from Haiti today some charities were posted that are good to make a donation to, they are helping. 

Makeshift Hospitals Bring Hope to Haiti
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KMXavUfLCQ

These people are helping directly in Haiti:
        Haiti Health Foundation .org   
        Project Medi Share .org
        Caris Foundation .org
        Operation Blessing International ob.org

"Is UNICEF the answers for overseas donations?"
        "Why isn't the UN allocating any of the Haitian funds to UNICEF?"

I wouldn't donate to UNICEF. 

"Thanks for letting me vent, but I have wasted too much time doing so. Nothing will change until people as a whole start taking responsibility for their actions, no matter how small their actions may seem to be."

I enjoyed reading your post. Its good to vent. You are not wasting my time. Often things change one person at a time. I hope some of the MSM outlets will go to Haiti and report on the dire needs.

1. Kailua-KonaGirl profile image86

Thank you colorful for your input and kind words.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)