jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

A News Media Question ? Anyone in Media ?

1. ahorseback profile image46
    ahorsebackposted 6 weeks ago

Have you watched the economic loss' that the NFL is taking after doing nothing and actually supporting the disrespect to the national anthem ?   Something like a 15 % loss in income revenues !   How do you feel that mainstream Americans are going to react after this election ? Given the incredible  LEFTIST bias that the media has shown for two years +?

Do you believe Americans will stop supporting media incomes ?

1. lions44 profile image95
      lions44posted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

The NFL is losing $$ for 3 reasons:
      1. The election is sapping the Sunday audience, particularly in the MTN and Western time zones. The Monday and Thursday games are also up against cable news shows in those slots.

2. Poor play brought on the lack of practice time - Because the last CBA, the players got to have less practice in pads. The NFL went along because of concussion lawsuits.   This hurts the offense especially hard. Things will pick up but after Week 8. 

3. Streaming - Although I don't think this is as big a deal as some suppose, it still hurts TV audience in a small way.

If you're a football fan, like I am, you could care less about Kaepernick and leftist media.  I'm an adult and can tune them out.  I just want the Giants to win and competitive games overall.

2. colorfulone profile image86
      colorfuloneposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Rasmussen Reports - October 04, 2016

A sizable number of Americans say they may give the National Football League a pass this year, thanks to the player protests over racial issues.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that nearly one-third (32%) of American Adults say they are less likely to watch an NFL game because of the growing number of Black Lives Matter protests by players on the field. Only 13% say they are more likely to watch a game because of the protests. Just over half (52%) say the protests have no impact on their viewing decisions.

But as with most questions involving race, blacks and whites have sharply different reactions. Twenty-eight percent (28%) of blacks say they are more likely to tune into an NFL game because of the protests, compared to eight percent (8%) of whites and 16% of other minority Americans. Whites are twice as likely as blacks – 36% to 18% - to say they are less likely to watch this year, and 29% of other minorities agree.
      http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ … r_protests

2. Live to Learn profile image82
    Live to Learnposted 6 weeks ago

I have to admit I'm confused at the implication that somehow the left leaning media is responsible for the income loss of the NFL over the kneeling issue.

1. ahorseback profile image46
      ahorsebackposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

My point is this , The NFL supported it's players opines with  the over- supportive lying media  , and is losing face , $.

The media is so biased with their version of what  is real  today as well - they too are going to suffer economically after this election .-- I hope .

1. GA Anderson profile image86
        GA Andersonposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

It sounds like you are saying the NFL is losing money because it supports free speech rights. Is that your point?

GA

working