Who Believes the mainstream media is now D.O.A.?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (23 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

They totally blew the election out of mass bias !    They are just as in shock as the alt -left on election results ,  they have begun apologizing for being so slanted  against the right ,   Does the new-  left blame the biased media for the present shock therapy  going on ,on the left now  ?     Where does the media bias go from here ?

1. rhamson profile image72
      rhamsonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I guess the mass media underestimated the American Voter. They let us all down and the voter lived up to their end.

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crises. The great point is to bring them the real facts."    Abraham Lincoln

2. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

On Twitter, Barack Obama’s half brother, Malik Obama, called for a boycott of CNN.  "Abrakadabra! Make MSNBC go away!" And, called NEW YORK TIMES 'corrupt & dishonest'.

He also endorsed Trump for president some time ago. 

http://www.infowars.com/obamas-brother- … ork-times/

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years ago

who watches their commercials is the question isn't it?

1. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That is it in a nut shell.  What use to get me when I still watched tv was the prescription drug commercials they peddled for big-pharma, with dangerous side effects and all.  I'm sure they still do?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
        Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Never understood how that "advertising" sells their drugs. TV, Public (boring reruns) and Cable (weird time wasting shows) is now pretty much worthLESS! In fact, destructive on many levels. The best use of TV these days is to just watch movies you approve of, documentaries and informative videos. And where do you find these?
        Thrift stores! lol

Yes, I miss the peaceful, funny, tasteful programing of the OLD DAYS.
        We are in a strange era.
        experimental maybe.
        desperately creative, perhaps
        sad, mostly.
        sad

4. profile image0

My hope is that the  evolution in the near future demands that the self importance of todays media ego   strip itself down to a huge economic loss , Let the media go the way of any corporate entity that grew "Too big to fail ".     Sensationalism and outright lies became it's  mantra in the last ten years ,  The media itself  swallowed it's own poisonous bottle of pills  !  Many little pills of different colors --- Lies , Bias , sensationalized facts,  hate , prejudice , ego , ..........Worse - They attempted to tell US , the American people and voters HOW we should think !

Guess what CNN ,Msnbc ,  Msn, Fox ,  all of you  ,  we , the American people , already know how to think .

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
      Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

and furthermore, we prefer thinking for for ourselves. It is human nature after all. He heh!

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You know Kathryn , THAT is exactly why the left lost ,they chose not to think at all !

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
          Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

OH, BROTHER.!

5. colorfulone profile image78

Hillary reemerged looking haggard and exhausted, with bags under bloodshot eyes.  Putting it more politely she looks “weary-looking” after having a week off since her concession speech.  She looks ill without buckets of makeup, and she really might be ill. 
    http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13281727.jpg

I don't think she will turn into a bag lady , yet many Americans women will.

1. PhoenixV profile image64
        PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13281727.jpg

Yea, I wouldnt worry about Hillary, the Clintons always have their charity to fall back on and I hear its pretty lucrative.

6. colorfulone profile image78

Trump destroyed media stars face to face! 

"It was instant legend.

Trump met yesterday with the rancid cream of media in his golden tower. They were there thinking it was all about creating a structure for access to the next president. Little did they know.

Charlie Rose was there. Wolf Blitzer. Jeff Zucker, head of CNN. Martha “I weep for Hillary” Raddatz. Gayle King. Lester “the weasel-king of interrupters” Holt. Chuck Todd. George “property of the Clintons” Stephanopoulos.

Fake, fake, fake, fake, fake.

The whole gang.

The NY Post has the story:

“It was like a f–ing firing squad,” one source said of the encounter.

“Trump started with [CNN chief] Jeff Zucker and said ‘I hate your network, everyone at CNN is a liar and you should be ashamed,’ ” the source said.

“The meeting was a total disaster. The TV execs and anchors went in there thinking they would be discussing the access they would get to the Trump administration, but instead they got a Trump-style dressing down,” the source added.

“Trump kept saying, ‘We’re in a room of liars, the deceitful dishonest media who got it all wrong.’ He addressed everyone in the room calling the media dishonest, deceitful liars. He called out Jeff Zucker by name and said everyone at CNN was a liar, and CNN was [a] network of liars,” the source said.

“…he referred to a horrible network correspondent who cried when Hillary lost who [also] hosted a [presidential] debate – which was Martha Raddatz who was also in the room.”

So…You can hate Trump, but if you can’t find joy in this story, you’re in need of a blood transfusion.

Way back at the beginning of the presidential campaign, I said that if Trump does nothing but run against the media he’ll be doing the country a great service, because they’re all snakes and cover-up artists and liars and they’ve been hypnotizing the population for as long as they’ve been around. Trump went on to exceed my expectations in that regard.

If you can’t stand Trump, you can fantasize about some other theoretical president who might have carried off his attacks on fake news as well, and with the same effect, but this is the man who did it. And yesterday was a landmark event in history.

Understand that these grifters—because that’s what they are—believe they own the news and the truth, even as they’re making it up by the ton. They and their masters—six companies that control 90% of big media—dispense fake reality to the populace 24/7. And now…

They’re lost inside their own bubble. They’ve never felt this kind of fury from a president. They don’t know what to do.

They’ve got money, they’ve got arrogance, and they’ve got the airwaves, and it’s not enough.

Of course they’re outraged, and of course they’ll continue doing whatever they can to undermine Trump, but they know he couldn’t care less that they’re deeply, deeply offended. Their little trick—“how dare you insult us”—won’t work. In fact, it’ll make things worse for them. Not long ago, one survey placed the public’s trust in media at 6%, which is about on the same level as the trust in public bathrooms in scuzzy bars by the railroad tracks next to mining camps in the 19th century.

These media honkers can stand in front of their mirrors and keep combing their hair and they can bring in new make-up people, and adjust the studio lighting and build new desks, and they can laugh and smile at cocktail parties and pretend they’re still in the ascendance, but they’re rapidly turning into laughingstocks, and the derision keeps building. If you feel sorry for them, your sympathy is grossly misplaced.

The final straw here is Steve Bannon, Trump’s new chief strategist and special counselor. The editor of Breitbart, Bannon recently stated in an interview: “The media bubble is the ultimate symbol of what’s wrong with this country. It’s just a circle of people talking to themselves who have no f—ing idea what’s going on. If The New York Times didn’t exist, CNN and MSNBC would be a test pattern. The Huffington Post and everything else is predicated on The New York Times. It’s a closed circle of information from which Hillary Clinton got all her information — and her confidence. That was our opening.”

Trump is carrying out a sustained war against big media. He hasn’t stopped. There is no sign he will stop. He knows, and Bannon knows, that the public is fed up with mainstream media.

The unchallenged authority of The News has been cracked like an egg.

Yesterday, Trump doubled and tripled down.

Wake up and smell the singed hair and the sagging plastic surgery. The media stars are fading in their fake sky." 

By Jon Rappoport -  I love it, brilliant writer! 
    https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2016 … den-tower/

7. profile image0

The media in America lost sight of its incredible responsibility  to truth and accuracy !   Yet MORE than that ,they lost sight of the impressionable youth and  younger generations who are now incited to violent revolutionary tactics in "protest ".  of an election !    People DO believe what they hear  from the supposed , neutral media .

Unforgivable and  , I am not only turned off to them  but will not monetarily support the mainstream media in any way from now on , I have chosen to not purchase media in any sense  from the local favorite news papers to any on line sources.

Let them pay for their crass disregard for our American  culture .

8. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years ago

Alex Jones says Liberals probably didn't get enough nursing time as babies  Lol Ha ha ha!!! He says mother's milk helps brains grow bigger… He says they have small brains   LOL hhaa ha
    He's pretty funny.

1. profile image0

Ahorseback says ,that the new  liberals got TOO MUCH  nursing time ,    why else would they still need the entitlement and all their collective  milk money from you  ,Uncle Sam and I ?    Think about it .

So liberals are milking the systems and Conservative are perfect in every way, it's hard to be humble and kind all the time.

1. profile image0

Well essentially ,conservatism IS about less government and liberals about more !

Conservatism isn't perfect , never has been .  But why is it fair that the constitution must be altered and eliminated  to provide for liberals entitlement ideology ?

Because liberals and Republican are owned by their unmentionable Zionist bankers and US is a corporation that are scripting both parties into doing whatever they want along with the media mind control.

9. PhoenixV profile image64
    PhoenixVposted 7 years ago

http://www.harisingh.com/Images/hsandreamitchell.jpg

Obey the Media

10. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago

The media is still how I know most of what I learn about the world beyond my neighborhood.  It may be flawed but it beats just not trying to understand the wider world.

1. rhamson profile image72
      rhamsonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Unless you are given bad information and then led down the merry path of irrelevance. The media will make a statement and if it passes muster they continue to drone on it until it is common knowledge of acceptance. ie. Newt Gingrich was being interviewed by Megan Kelly and she framed a question by making one of those statements. She began the question saying that if Donald Trump is a sexual predator. That is a mighty strong label to put on someone without any proof. Yes he is a cad and a blow hard but Kelly just made the whole argument something else. I don't know how many times I have heard on CNN the newsman say let us tell you what this means when reporting a story. Don't tell what it means. Tell what happened. I sure as hell can find out what it means myself. I watch all of the cable news only to find out what it I should look into for myself and not what something means. Be careful. Look how much they told us Hillary was going to slam Trump. A good book to read about the network news and it's untrustworthy ruminations is "Bias" by Bernie Goldberg. He was the one who worked for CBS and exposed Dan Rather's dalliances with the truth in reporting and the CBS news machine in general.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)