jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

If this election has really divided your family ?

1. ahorseback profile image47
    ahorsebackposted 7 days ago

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13300334.jpg

We all have to wonder , Is politics really worth that ?  I know that it is becoming more and more known that marriages , parents and children,   grandparents , whoever .......are divided right now , I have seen it  a few times , I was listening to a call in show that was about  a husband and wife of twenty years  who are  separating  BECAUSE of this election -- maybe that's not all of the reasons but .......?

Are you experiencing this ?

1. colorfulone profile image87
      colorfuloneposted 6 days ago in reply to this

I'm not.  My brother lives 150 miles away, and we have gone round and round during the past year. He reverts to insults because he has no proof of the false reality he has been brainwashed with on MSNBC.  I will stick to facts, and patiently remind him of historical truths he has forgotten.  Best thing for us is to avoid talking politics. He is one of the best of the best otherwise, expect for that thin red line.  Family is far more important to us both and being there for each other.

I'm to the point where if he asks me what my political view is on something, I'm just going to say, "Oh, you really don't want to know what my view is."  ... Or, give myself time to think about how to present my view without triggering him while presenting truth, because I am thinking about his health.  His my bro! 

I get along well with the rest of my family members, no matter what we talk about.  Its the God factor.

I've blocked several people on Facebook I have had online relationships with for years. I don't need their fear-filled hateful crap spewing.  I'm prepared to never talk to people again, I've done it before. I enjoy love, peace and harmony in a secluded life-style.

ahorsebackposted 6 days ago in reply to this

Wow , You are reflecting some of my own thoughts , Nothing is worth tearing a  family apart  , although some are  willing to do that no matter the issue . I feeling some of the same friction ,  Although  not much of it is worth the arguing .

1. colorfulone profile image87
          colorfuloneposted 5 days ago in reply to this

So much has been created to divide families, because that is or should be the center focus from where all other relationships are formed.   I believe family should come first, and if others have a kindred bond, welcome them in with open arms.    Why invite trouble?

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image85
    Kathryn L Hillposted 6 days ago

Hi ahorseback. This intense rift-potential over political views is an interesting phenomenon. Its like we are all swimming in different pools of water. If you have blue fins you are not getting in our pool where we wear red ones!!! My daughter has the right idea: Do not post political views on Facebook. My mother has the right view: No discussions of politics or religion at her house during family functions. If you want to remain friends with people and on good terms, just don't discuss these two topics. Unfortunately, I posted political stuff on Fb and two friends since childhood may never speak to me again. Now all I can hope for is that Trump will be okay and someday they will finally post back to say, "You were right!!!" LOL! My son-in-law almost became a mother-in-law hater (me) but he changed his tune and posted some good stuff about not hating anyone over political views. Thank goodness.

ahorsebackposted 6 days ago in reply to this

That would be silly , Almost like acting like we used to act in an election............LOL
      Maybe its just FB. immaturity ?

2. colorfulone profile image87
      colorfuloneposted 5 days ago in reply to this

Ouch, that must have hurt.  Thank goodness is right!  I read your post yesterday and felt happy and sad.   I read this on a meme on Facebook this morning:  its so true!   

Fear leads to Anger
      Anger leads to Hate
      Hate leads to Suffering

That is what I see happening and MSM promotes fear through everyone's TVs and computers, its like a portal for a spirit of fear, hatred, and mass suffering.   IMHO 

Getting outdoors and sitting by a fire would be a healthy alternative for everyone.  An electronic device free zone!

ahorsebackposted 5 days ago in reply to this

++++++++++++++++++++++++

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image85
    Kathryn L Hillposted 4 days ago

<That is what I see happening and MSM promotes fear through everyone's TVs and computers, its like a portal for a spirit of fear, hatred, and mass suffering.   IMHO >

This is not what the Pilgrims and Colonists envisioned, is it? They traveled here for religious freedom and a better life.
    Now look.

1. Castlepaloma profile image22
      Castlepalomaposted 4 days ago in reply to this

The Mayflower's, Thanks Giving people would be turning in their graves.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image85
        Kathryn L Hillposted 3 days ago in reply to this

The funny thing is that the first settlers who sailed here, literally stole corn and goods from the Indians, and felt that God ordained it. They continued to come over and eradicate them without respecting their ways of life or learning from them. In the end in the name of God, they mistreated them. It happened on the East coast and it happened on the West coast and all the territory in between. The indigenous fought back to protect their land, their ways of life and their very LIVES. We thought we could help ourselves to their land. WHY?  Because they really truly thought God said so?
        YES!!!!

The question is: DID God say so???

Was the fittest, those who had invented ways to travel across the ocean, armed with bullet shooting weapons, destined to rule the land its people called Turtle Island?

I mean, the dinosaurs' reign on Earth ended. Perhaps the reign and ways of the OAI People had to end. What took its place: technology, industry, easier and safer ways of living.

But the thing is, the original inhabitants hold the key to being human on a basic level which we must always consider: The Natural Human.

Technology and nature must co-exist in a balanced relationship. Humans must stay human as machines and super technologies become more and more depended upon as our lives become more and more separated from our natural state. We need to preserve something about humanity and nature. The reality of God exists in nature. This is where GOD reminds us he exists. If we cannot see HIM in each other, surely in NATURE.

1. Castlepaloma profile image22
          Castlepalomaposted 3 days ago in reply to this

Sometimes I think I see faeries in nature, just no God standing there. I guess it's our imagination is not wired the same way.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image85
            Kathryn L Hillposted 3 days ago in reply to this

God exists in Nature in the very structure of nature and the flow of HIS energy!

working