jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (12 posts)

Painting With a Broad Brush = Politically Correct?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image87
    Kathryn L Hillposted 8 months ago

Republicans are racist.
    Really? All of them?
    No.
    … as history bears out.

1. colorfulone profile image88
      colorfuloneposted 8 months ago in reply to this

You are correct about history.  I believe evil forces influence people who deceive others by subverting reality and demoralizing people by swaths.

2. Live to Learn profile image82
      Live to Learnposted 8 months ago in reply to this

It does appear to be politically correct in this climate to demonize all republicans.

1. Credence2 profile image87
        Credence2posted 8 months ago in reply to this

Do not conservatives demonize Democrats? Was it not you who accuse all liberals of wanting to take everybody's guns on another thread? I find that statement 'alarmist'. How is it that conservatives are so different, particularly coming  from one who says she is non-aligned? I don't buy the idea that the libs are alarmist while when conservative sound the alarm it is justified?

Kathryn L Hillposted 8 months ago in reply to this

no. not me. Reps should not paint with a broad brush either.
          It is mistreating those who are not guilty of anything at all.
          Some need to be called out. Some do not at all.

1. Credence2 profile image87

But they do, and therefore this already is a biased and skewed conversational point, isn't it?

Kathryn L Hillposted 8 months ago in reply to this

No. We should stop letting the media get away with it. Its not helpful.

2. Live to Learn profile image82
          Live to Learnposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Actually, when I say liberals want to take the guns it's more like liberal politicians. But, you're right. Both ends demonize the other.

I think, right now, since I voted for Trump and have been demonized, insulted, talked down toand generally had to deal with attempts at being brow beaten...all because most liberals refuse to attempt to understand why; I feel as if unfair prejudice, coupled with a complete lack of any attempt to think are all the left has to offer post election. Do forgive me for being a little thin skinned at the moment. You guys have done everything you can to scratch at those who don't agree with you pretty hard.

3. Credence2 profile image87

It is that from our perspective, the GOP does not help. But the Jews, Hispanics and Asians say the same thing in greater numbers than those that do not.

4. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 8 months ago in reply to this

All people are to some extent racist, it is part of our unconscious programming.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image87
    Kathryn L Hillposted 8 months ago

Do all Liberals say all Republicans are racists?
    I doubt it.
    Do all Republicans say all Liberals hate this country and are out to destroy it through high taxation and overbearing federal government?
    No.

1. Castlepaloma profile image26
      Castlepalomaposted 8 months ago in reply to this

It sure make you wonder when you see a crowd of 95% whites at a Trump rally. With race protestor on the sidelines and some physical fights.

More white Republican in the country side, not dealing as often with interracial relationships. A great lack of understanding of other cultures within America

working