WHY do 74% of Americans Want Obamacare in some form?

1. My Esoteric profile image88
    My Esotericposted 6 months ago

It has Always been the case that less than 40% of those polled thought ACA was a terrible idea and should be repealed.  Today it is down to 26%.

The press and conservative commentary misstated the poll results in all but two cases that I could find; sometimes they corrected their own headline by revealing the details in the body of the story.  But the FACT is, the the so-called "unfavorable" number actually contains two parts, but reported as one number.  Part 1 is those (conservatives) who really think ACA is a horrible idea and therefore have an unfavorable opinion of the law.  Part 2, about the same size as I recall, are those (liberals mostly) who think the law should have been single-payer or didn't go far enough and ALSO had an unfavorable view.

As a result, the headlines always left the Truth hidden.

Today, a Kaiser poll http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/11/news/co … index.html reports the true numbers, the ones that have always been the case:

- 26% of Americans hate Obamacare
    - 19% like Obamacare as is
    - 17% think Obamacare should be scaled back somewhat
    - (b) 30% think Obamacare should be Expanded!! (/b)

Why has the Right been so Wrong?

1. Credence2 profile image86
      Credence2posted 6 months ago in reply to this

Since when has the 'Right' ever been right?

2. Live to Learn profile image82
      Live to Learnposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Why has the right been so wrong? It appears to me that the left is also.

What we have is a country who feels that medical costs should not beggar a family. We have a country who feels that the government should take an active role in solving that problem. What we have is a government which hasn't been able to find a way to effectively do it.

That's how I read those poll results.

working