jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)

What 3 Things Do You Hope President Trump Accomplishes?

1. Sychophantastic profile image83
    Sychophantasticposted 4 months ago

In other words, list the three things you hope President Trump is able to accomplish in the next four years. What are the most important administration priorities for you?

Here are mine:

1. Develop and pass a massive infrastructure bill

2. Completely overhaul and develop comprehensive immigration legislation that includes a strong emphasis on deportation of illegal immigrants and policies that severely limit the influx of new immigrants.

3. Repeal Obamacare and implement a new, effective health care program.

1. PhoenixV profile image79
      PhoenixVposted 4 months ago in reply to this

1. Make Bill Clinton Ambassador to Haiti

2 Make Hillary Ambassador to Libya.

3 Encourage PBS to hire Chelsea as a reporter on Sesame Street

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image84
    Kathleen Cochranposted 4 months ago

From your mouth to God's ears.  In other words, here's hoping you are right.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
    Kathryn L Hillposted 4 months ago

I want him to create conditions that will promote tranquility, liberty and independence for individuals. I want him to protect us from outside destructive forces and stay on good terms with our allies. I want him to get along with conservatives and make sure the democrats are listened to politely and educated if need be. I want him to understand the basis of true republicanism and stand strong in the republican ideal which promotes self-sufficiency rather than dependency. I want him to do whatever can be done to close loopholes, stop back room deals and unfair bailouts and stop financial criminals from Washington to Wall Street. As far as health care insurance, stop taxing the people to make it work. If it doest work without the fines, cancel it.

Sychophantasticposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Stopping financial criminals from Washington to Wall St -

Do you think the make-up of his current proposed cabinet, with so many Wall St. insiders, will make that more or less possible?

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Should certainly make it more possible.  Whether it makes it more probable is another question entirely. sad

4. Live to Learn profile image80
    Live to Learnposted 4 months ago

1. Term limits

2. A fair and equitable immigration policy for our southern neighbors. I don't care about deportations of any but undesirables. I doubt that represents more than a miniscule percentage.

3. As you said. An effective health care program.

5. ahorseback profile image44
    ahorsebackposted 4 months ago

1 -legislative -congressional term limits NOW
    2- adherence to  constitutionality liberties
    3-a comprehensive lesser  revenue spending agenda  for all government levels

Why stop at three ?

2 and 3 sound great, but why term limits as number 1?

The problem with getting elected has to do with how much it costs, so term limits, among other things, automatically commits new public servants to seek out sponsors who they will be beholden to. Not saying it doesn't already work that way and I'm not saying I'm opposed to term limits, but if somebody is doing a good job, why should they be term limited? Isn't it up to the voters to decide that?

1. ahorseback profile image44
        ahorsebackposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Term limits with  a jury - like assembly - Why not "normal " Americans serving ?

At this point, it's probably an idea worth exploring at the federal level.

6. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 4 months ago

I'd like to see all of these things happen.

But even more, I'd like to see Trump behave as a President independent of party politics.  A President not beholden to either party and not under their thumb.  If there is anything that could even start to cause our broken legislature to act as a governing body rather than party puppet it would be that.

His response to the weakening of the oversight committee could be a good start.

1. colorfulone profile image86
      colorfuloneposted 4 months ago in reply to this

This is good, as well as everyone's hopes are.  I don't see Trump beholding to anyone at this point except the American people, and hope it stays that way.   

My biggest concern is for every American who is not prepared for the possible crash of the economy that is predicted to follow the high we are on right now.   

I believe Trump will deal with the Clinton Foundation scandal at some point.  People are expecting him to do something BIG to end the organized corruption.  I know I am.

Are you predicting that Trump will crash the economy?

1. colorfulone profile image86
          colorfuloneposted 4 months ago in reply to this

No, not Trump.  The IMF-World Bank, and maybe the Federal Reserve.
          And, who the heck knows what China will do.

2. Sychophantastic profile image83

He should definitely investigate the Clinton Foundation and all foundations like it that misuse their donations and put the leaders of those foundations in jail.

7. Paul Wingert profile image79
    Paul Wingertposted 4 months ago

1. Admit he's unfit to be POTUS.
    2. Apologize to the American people.
    3. Resign.

1. Live to Learn profile image80
      Live to Learnposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Would that all politicians do likewise.

8. Oztinato profile image83
    Oztinatoposted 4 months ago

1. Get off the coke sniffing
    2. See a psychiatrist
    3. Apologize to everyone before going in to rehab.

working