Russia DID NOT Hack The DNC says John McAfee

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (36 posts)
  1. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

“The whole Russian hacking narrative is either propaganda intended to incite the American people, to anger toward Russia for some reason, or our intelligence community is so ignorant and naive that they should all be replaced.” 
    ~  John McAfee, founder of McAfee virus protection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7t5zbKnvQk

Mr. McAfee breaks down on the 5 minute video. 

I believe that the Russian hacking the DNC narrative is propaganda, and I do believe Mr. McAfee, cybersecurity expert.  I think its all a deflection from the revealing DNC emails, and also the damning Pedesta emails that were leaked to Wikileaks.

1. Genna East profile image82
      Genna Eastposted 7 years agoin reply to this

John McAfee...the man who would be president -- or part of the incoming President-elect's team. This guy appears to have become a kook.  McAfee virus protection software is much better since he left the company.  I remember when he was still there, and the program was terrible in comparison to others.  And who could forget his false story about the San Bernardino shooter's I Phone.  So now he states...

"If I was the Chinese and I wanted to make it look like the Russians did it, I would use Russian language within the code, I would use Russian techniques of breaking into the organization.” 

Golly gee - ya think?  As if something so banal would fly over the heads of the cyber security techs' heads with the speed of a 747.  Is he kidding?  Oh, well, at least it gets him in front of certain media outlets for 15 minutes.  And that's all that matters to John.  Of course cyber warfare and hacking is a critical issue.  We have techs clean/sweep our systems every 90 days,  and they use, at minimum, at least six different virus/malware programs to do their sweeps. 

I'm sorry, Susan, to disagree.  I didn't mean to offend in any way.  Enjoy your Sunday.

colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I apologize for taking so long to reply. I am caught up with some things as life happens right now.  No offence, I have never seen you to be offensive in the forum. Best to stay away from offenses of any kind.

John McAfee, was being careful with how he said things, I believe.

"In there are four facts which they claim prove that Russia did this hack. It was utter nonsense. The information was number one – Russian language was found in the malware. Number two – a Cyrillic keyboard was used. The forensic science can now tell what type of keyboard was used to develop a piece of a malware,"

“Number three – the compiler, the piece of software that compiles the code so that it can execute, always dated time stamps. The time stamps were in a time zone for the business hours of Moscow and St. Petersburg and other places in Russia and the number four that the IP address pointed to a Russian address.”

To make it simple for the American audience, McAfee metaphorically explained the situation:

“Seriously, if Russia declared war on us because we hacked Russia and the head of the CIA and the intelligence committee came to the Congress and they ask him ‘What happened?’ – ‘Oh, well you know we didn’t have time to remove English language, we didn’t have time to move the date stamp, the guy could not use a Chinese keyboard, so we gave him our regular keyboard. And also there was my wife’s birthday so I could not remove the IP address.’”

“Please, that person would be scheduled for a suicide,” McAfee concluded.

There was much sarcasm in how McAfee said things from what I read and heard in his tone.  Its like a kid had to be hacking with that kind of 'evidence'.  I don't believe Russia would leave fingerprints pointing to themselves.  It would be hard for kids that hack to believe that was a nation-state hack.
        _________
        Blaming the Russians for influencing the election smells like 'fake cyber war' on our part to deflect from the content of the emails that were hacked or leaked.  I believe they were leaked by NSA, as former National Security Agency analyst, William Binney suggested months ago.   Because of Hillary's mishandling of classified intelligence.

Hillary lifted the material that was in her emails directly out of Gamma reporting. That is a direct compromise of the most sensitive material at the NSA.  A lot of people with integrity have a problem with that in the FBI, CIA, and NSA. 
        http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/forme … le/2598282

I certainly wasn't trying to be offensive, and used humor, intentionally, that was directed at Mr. MacAfee's comment.  I'm sorry you misunderstood, Susan.  But what can one do when he seems bound and determined to insult one's intelligence to such a degree?  That's all I'll say on the subject.

Genna, you are sweet, I saw that humor.  It looks like MacAfee doesn't mind being the butt of a joke or he would not be out there saying what he has about the hack.  I have never paid attention to him before, but he got my attention for now by adding a piece to the puzzle.

This stuff is intriguing to me, I love it!

2. Don W profile image83
      Don Wposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This is interesting. On one side, the CIA, NSA, FBI, 14 other intelligence agencies, and at least two independent cyber security companies conclude that Russia hacked the DNC and other political organizations.

On the other, John McAfee said they didn't (while appearing on a channel owned by the Russian government).

And your conclusion is that the Russians didn't do it.

To anyone suggesting that fake news and Russian propaganda could not have had a significant impact on the election, I offer the opening comment as exhibit A.

How many people like this voted? Hard to say, but the fact it could be in the millions, is very scary indeed.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"Hard to say, but the fact it could be in the millions, is very scary indeed."

Yes, it's hard to say, isn't it?  We heard a long time ago the Russians were hacking, intending to help Trump.  How many people changed their vote from Trump to Clinton.  Could be in the millions, is very scary indeed.

Maybe if we could find a couple of million that testify they changed their vote because of the hacking?

1. Don W profile image83
          Don Wposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The level of critical thinking displayed in the opening comment is very . . . special. And it's scary to think there are millions of voters (of any political persuasion) with similar critical thinking abilities. This particular display of reasoning came from a Trump supporter though. At the very least, it serves as evidence that methods deployed by the FSB work. Whether those methods impacted the election, and to what degree, I have no idea, but threads like this are positive feedback for anyone wanting to know if such exercises can work. And what do you think the likelihood is, that the original poster will even see any issue with their conclusion? I predict very low.

I have to grudgingly admit that no one does propaganda as effectively as the Russians, and this thread demonstrates that perfectly.

You've raised a valid point about Russian propaganda.  I think It's about time that Mr. Trump stops being so self-absorbed over what the Russian hacking may reveal about the legitimacy of his election win, and be more concerned about the safety of hundreds of millions of Americans.  These cyber attacks are part of concerted, information warfare efforts, and I fear by his comments that he hasn't a clue as to its complexities or ramifications.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 5 hours ago
              "Before I, or anyone, saw the classified and/or highly confidential hacking intelligence report, it was leaked out to @NBCNews. So serious!"

I wonder how NBC got the intell before Trump. 
              It just keeps getting crazier and crazier.

2. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I agree - the OP will not change her mind.  And I certainly agree that millions of people vote based on something other than good information and reason.  Lots voted this year based on sex and when Obama ran lots voted based on color (both ways, not doubt).  That's the American public for you - this election made a point out of false information, innuendo and outright lies.

But what do YOU fear more - the chance of being hit by lightning or ignorant and, yes, stupid voters?  Why is it so scary that Russia tried to manipulate the population?  For I'll tell you this - either our government has known for years that they are doing it and didn't say anything or didn't know.  Both qualify for being very scary, IMO, and lots more than the ignorance of voters.

3. colorfulone profile image78

Did you notice that the chief of Homeland Security (DHS) announced that his office will be taking over US elections?  They are taking over, and they needed a fake story for an excuse, its Russia.  The national election system will belong to the federal Executive Branch.  Its like declaring a national emergency or martial law, giving DHS the right to take over state's offices if they do not cooperate.  They could rig the elections behind the scenes. 

Election-processes are suppose to belong to the states.  They have suggested eliminating the Electoral College to further federalize the election process.

It would create more hellish accusations in the press toward Trump if he cancels it, it'd be like ... he stopped our free elections (hiss, hiss). 

The Constitution is a pact of the States.  The States must be able to agree on specified powers they want to relinquish to the central government, and are suppose to retaining all other powers, including the Electoral College.

Critical thinks create a timeline:
            * Clinton will most assuredly win the election.
            * Trump won the election!
            * Trump only won the election because Russia “hacked the election” in Trump's favor.
            * We are obliged to protect the national election process from foreign hacking.
            * DHS is obliged put itself in charge of national elections.

Conclusion?   Its a coup!

1. GA Anderson profile image89
              GA Andersonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You certainly live up to your name Colorfulone,

You say, (among other things); ... "Did you notice that the chief of Homeland Security (DHS) announced that his office will be taking over US elections?"

and...
              "...Election-processes are suppose to belong to the states."

But the "chief's" statement you reference says this;
              "... Prior to reaching this determination, my staff and I consulted many state and local election officials; I am aware that many of them are opposed to this designation. It is important to stress what this designation does and does not mean. This designation does not mean a federal takeover, regulation, oversight or intrusion concerning elections in this country. This designation does nothing to change the role state and local governments have in administering and running elections." [my emphasis]

Contrary to your declaration, it appears that this determination just adds the "election infrastructure" to a list of 16 other "critical" sectors:

"At present, there are sixteen critical infrastructure sectors, including twenty subsectors that are eligible to receive prioritized cybersecurity assistance from the Department of Homeland Security. The existing critical infrastructure sectors are:

Chemical
              Commercial Facilities
              Communications
              Critical Manufacturing
              Dams
              Defense Industrial Base
              Emergency Services
              Energy
              Financial Services
              Food and Agriculture
              Government Facilities
              Healthcare and Public Health
              Information Technology
              Nuclear Reactors, Material, and Waste
              Transportation Systems
              Water and Wastewater Systems"

These sectors get priority Cybersecurity assistance - when it is asked for.

Does any of this rate your consideration? Which of the other16 listed sectors has the Federal government taken control of?

If you were interested in seeing for yourself, here is the source link:
              Statement by Secretary Jeh Johnson on the Designation of Election Infrastructure as a Critical Infrastructure Subsector
              Release Date: January 6, 2017

GA

I read what Jeh Johson said, GA. I have been following this conspiracy by the Obama Administration to federalize the election system for about four months.  If you cannot see the coup, look harder. 

Imagine it if only the popular vote will count, the states are striped of their power, and then the DHS has the power to operate the election process as a piece of “critical infrastructure.”  Its more centralization.

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13355303.jpg

Imagine a few populated states, election rigging, and of course covert ops, to rope in as many dolts as possible under the welfare state where rulers order - you must submit. We will take what we want, when we want, and you have to give what we demand because that is the law.   No thanks.

1. GA Anderson profile image89
                  GA Andersonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

If I were to imagine the 'popular vote' scenario you suggest, then I would also have to imagine a Constitutional amendment to get rid of the EC.

I don't see the conspiracy you do, but it would seem fit in with the 'Rothschilds' folk's way of thinking.

Imagine the stage that would have to be set to accommodate your premonition. Imagine what would be needed; a near-lethal national crisis - plausible to the general public - to trigger "critical infrastructure" authorities, then their efforts to take over the state's powers would have to snooker the electorate, (via their Reps.), that just elected Trump. And, it would also have to occur in an election year. And then...

If the DHS designation is a first step, then haven't they over-played their hand by releasing this statement now? Publicly in the face of the Pres.-elect a dozen days before inauguration - now there is something to imagine; Pres.-elect Trump's, (your Thor?), response to such an action. Wouldn't Pres. Trump, or his new DHS chief,  have the authority to change that designation? If he did need Congress, do you suppose he would not have Republican support in the face of such an obvious Democrat power grab?

I liked Kid Rock's t-shirt too, but that doesn't mean I see the conspiracies and coups you do.. Too much belief and too few facts for me.

GA

Yes. I did say that Trump would be able to overturn it.  That then, there would be more 'hellish press' by the lame-stream media for reversing the illegal actions of the Dems.

I like Kid Rock.

2. colorfulone profile image78

When I read that before, I had a gut reaction to the Rothschilds name, and I felt you were right on.  Seems from this report you may have been spot on. 

The Russians Did Not “Hack” the US Election – a Few Facts from a Former CIA Spy
                    http://www.etterretningen.no/2016/12/31 … r-cia-spy/

I am deeply offended by the lies being told by the US Government – and more specifically, by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with the explicit approval of the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) and the President – with respect to the Russians “hacking” the US election.

By Robert David Steele
                    Intelligence expert

Here are the facts as I understand them, augmented by public statements from Julian Assange, Craig Murray, William Binney, James Bamford, Ray McGovern, Philip Giraldi, and John McAfee – and others who do not wish to be named.

The December 31st, 2016 article could be a tough read for some people, but I believe you can handle truth, GA.

2. Genna East profile image82

Excellent commentary, GA.  Facts provide us with the opportunity for reasonable, quantitative thinking.

2. Genna East profile image82

McAfee is just trying to stay relevant, and geared his comments to impress and undoubtedly raise "ooohs and ahhhs" from those who don't know what he's talking about.  And he knows it.  His gall in stating what security tech experts already know -- and a certain portion of what he said is outdated -- is rather despicable.  But he's clearly after the media attention.

3. colorfulone profile image78

There is a lawsuit demanding the release of the evidence to see if the Russians hacked.  Hear say isn't going to cut it, or fake news propaganda.   

Inside the CIA, FBI, NSA, DCI and other intelligence, there is a coup.  Using Wikileaks to leak the DNC and Pedesta emails was a counter coup by intelligence to stop Hillary Clinton from becoming president, I believe.  She cannot be trusted with highly classified information. 
        "extremely careless!" 

Who cares who hacked, or leaked the info. 
        The content is what is important, and damning.  It is evidence from the source, which no one involved is denying, because that would be plausible deniability and admissible.  The DNC and Hillary's campaign are being sued for election rigging, voter fraud, racketeering and more. 
        Let's deflect the attention .. yeah, Russia did it!

John McAfee, may not be off the mark.

You're stating conspiracy theories as fact. And "who hacked who" couldn't be more relevant.

Let me ask you an obvious question:  McAffee stated that through his understanding of the intelligence report (and he hasn't read the fully classified material): 1) Russian language in the malware; 2) the Cyrillic keyboard;  3) the timestamps, and 4) the IP address.  He states the evident in that anyone worth their salt in this kind of hacking (organized, nation state) wouldn't leave a trail of breadcrumbs that would be so easy to follow.  But these are aspects that any rookie cyber tech involved in intelligence would know.  So, what are we missing?

You make a statement like this "Facts provide us with the opportunity for reasonable, quantitative thinking."...and then you ask a question like that.   I'm not sure you could do the math.  ...  Just reason and logic works, but we have to have our imagination and creativity still intact.

I'm sorry you misunderstood, Susan.  This is what I was referring to:  Cyber tech security experts were already talking about some of this during televised news interviews (I watched one of the telecasts), before McAffee came out with his alleged "aha!" smoking gun.  Generalized illustrations are not direct evidence. They only serve to explain certain concepts of the deeper intelligence over what is designed to mislead, obscure and confuse.  Obvious "evidence" such as this is always treated with suspicion.  The point is that any concerted effort by hackers to manipulate outcomes, solely, by utilizing markers that point to Moscow is highly discernible and only underscores what the intelligence community already knows.  Were McAfee's comments designed to provoke a defensive response to reveal deeper intelligence they couldn't divulge?  To sow doubt via pivot and deflect?  For what purpose?  Either way, it appears that the self-aggrandizing Mr. McAfee has made a fool out of himself, yet again.

I wanted to add in response to your comment that there is a vast difference between "a conspiracy" and a conspiracy theory.  Have a good day.

"I wanted to add in response to your comment that there is a vast difference between "a conspiracy" and a conspiracy theory." 

Thank you for pointing that out.  I'm glad you kept that simple so you can repeat it if you feel the need to share your in-depth knowledge again. 
                  Have a good day.

Any time.  :-)

2. colorfulone profile image78

No, I don't think McAfee made a 'fool' out of himself, and he certainly was not 'self-aggrandizing'.  Your conclusion must have been influenced by someone in opposition to the truth that is paid to spin a web of lies.  One big give away is character assassination or name calling of a professional in his field, and a poor attempt at circular reasoning.

Lol!  Wrong on all counts.  But we knew that. :-)

Who is we?  Is there a legend?  FUD?

Let me end with II Corinthians 11:19:
                    “For ye suffer fools gladly, though not so many as the foolish speeches of wise men.”

God bless!

2. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 7 years ago

he also is under suspicion of two murder investigations. Why would he be credible?

I don't know how many suspicion of murder investigations are going on with the DNC / Hillary Clinton, there's a few.  Three I think.  Who would think they are credible? 

The FBI never asked for Access to the hacked computer severs of the Democratic National Committee.  So, how can they have evidence?

1. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That is interesting. If they've had no access to the computers then how can they claim a hack?

That is a very good question. 

During the election Georgia's state computers were hacked into (the voter registration database). Tracking the IP address lead to Homeland Security (DHS).  I heard once they were found out they were contacted and told to stop it immediately.  It stopped.

3. PhoenixV profile image64
    PhoenixVposted 7 years ago

Maybe the dating site/ former listed by the United Nations. - Todd and Clare . com hacked democracy?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)