https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-attac … 44389.html
This latest spat with Congressman John Lewis is another example of how Trump always comes off as a hot head with poor judgement, just what we need in the modern world.
Yes, Lewis 'started it' with his statement about the President-Elect's legitimacy. Many of us of the enlightened left have pondered that question, but I am resigned to accept the reality as it is today.
But, Trump needs to pick his battles more carefully. With the King holiday around the corner and the controversy surrounding Jeff Session's appointment as Attorney General, this is not the kind of scrap that he needs right now. What do we have to do to get him to keep his mouth shut? Where is Yosemite Sam when you need him?
While Trump was getting his testicles waxed, Lewis risked his life in the civil rights struggles. But how do I compare Trump's vaunted 'financial courage' with this?
The press and many conservatives criticizes Trump for his statements regarding Lewis. For many of us in the civil rights community and the supportive left, he continues to pour salt on old wounds making it less likely that harmony will be the outcome.
I expected more from my teenager than I did her 2 year old brother. Consequently, I expect more than puerile antics from the President of the United States than I would expect from Meryl Streep, a Hollywood film actress. Trumps baits himself before a free press that he ultimately cannot control.
As I have said, it begins....
"What do we have to do to get him to keep his mouth shut?"
How about resign yourself to operating the country rather than attacking a man you don't like because he has funny hair? Or, at the absolute minimum, find a legitimate reason for the insane attacks.
Seems a more reasonable attitude than saying he needs to just stand there and be the subject of constant attack by losing liberals.
No, I am saying that he needs to act Presidential in the face of criticism rather than like a two year old with a twitter toy...
Nobody is talking about his hair, but if you want to go there?
Trump mentioned Lewis on Twitter and helped the man's book sell out. I'd say that's pretty good news for Lewis. Good for him!
I like that Trump talks directly to people on Twitter and Facebook. We don't have to listen to someone tell us what he said and tell us what it means. That's where I like to go to see what the next President of the United States has to say. He reaches more people in a single tweet than he would otherwise. Social media is where its at, its trending, it helped Trump win the election so its all good.
I think some people need to get a little more progressive with the modern times, as unconventional as that may seem to older folks. Twitter works well for Trump! He can by-pass the old dying and traditionally bias mainstream media. Twitter loves Trump being on the site, he is great for business!
Thatis just an excuse, CT. Trump would love to be in a position where he is not questioned nor challenged by the press as to what he is doing in office. Twitter is a childishly cowardly resort for a man who afraid of dissent. But, you can call it what you will, you usually do, but that does not make it valid.
By the way, it is amazing how you find these cartoons that are so relevant to our discussions.
I don't see Trump as being afraid of anyone, especially the press. He is as brave as they get to take on the Republican establishment and the globalist Democrats, the globalists, corporations, big banks, and the corporate government run media, etc. And, he keeps on winning! The majority of Americans have woke up and don't trust MSM anymore. We don't need them, they are irrelevant.
You can call it what you will and usually do. It just seems rather childish to attack anyone for using Twitter when social media is so effective for hundreds of millions of people world wide, as it was designed to be. Trump was trained in DARPA, he knows what he is doing. This isn't kids play for him.
I've been saving that meme for a special time as this.
And "acting presidential" means "stand there and be the subject of constant, baseless attack by losing liberals.". I understand the philosophy (and the need for something to attack)...I just disagree with it. While it's a PC requirement to pretend such baseless accusations were not made, it's also rather stupid.
But then I don't make a very good PC, liberal sheeple.
". . . find a legitimate reason for the insane attacks"
I think your definition of "legitimate reason" here is being influenced by your politics. There are several legitimate reasons for the criticism of Trump (when did criticizing someone become an "attack"?) They range from *deep breath*:
boasting about sexual assault
appointing a neo-nazi sympathizer as chief strategist
tapping Jeff (too racist to be a Federal Judge) Sessions for Attorney General
conflicts of interest
brinkmanship diplomacy (no Donald neither a trade war nor a military conflict with China will be a good thing)
being publicly more supportive of an adversarial foreign dictator than your own intelligence community, i.e. people who risk their lives protecting the country he is supposedly the President Elect of.
And that's all before he is even President.
So at this point it might be quicker and easier to list the reasons Trump can't be legitimately criticized (a list which seems to get shorter on a daily basis).
- Was an “unremarkable” but “privileged” student at the New York Military Academy.
- Was removed from his senior command post as a senior.
- Received five draft deferments for the Vietnam War, including one for “bad feet.”
- Was admitted to Wharton by a “friendly” admissions officer, although no one remembers him on campus.
- Was firebombed, attacked by an an angry mob and beaten by Ku Klux Klan members as one of the original Freedom Riders who successfully challenged segregated interstate transportation laws.
- Became chairman of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee.
- Was one of the “Big Six” who planned the largest civil rights protest in American history.
- Was the youngest speaker at the March on Washington: Here he is speaking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFs1eTs … e&t=29
- Helped prod Congress to create the 1965 Voting Rights Act.
- Organized a protest march from Selma to Montgomery, Ala., to fight for voting rights.
- Had his skull fractured by white supremacists while marching across the Edmund Pettus Bridge.
- Worked for his father’s company.
- Lived off a trust fund set up by his father.
- Borrowed $1 million from his father for his first “big deal.”
- Married his first wife.
- Was sued by the U.S. Department of Justice for racial discrimination.
- Became executive director of the Voter Education Project, which registered millions of voters.
- Worked in the Carter administration organizing volunteers.
- Led ACTION, the U.S. government’s domestic volunteer agency.
- Headed Americorps, the national service program to eliminate poverty.
- Was a pro wrestler.
- Borrowed so much money from his daddy, he owed his father $14 million when Daddy died.
- Received an inheritance of $40 million when his father died.
- Married his second wife.
- Was elected to the Atlanta City Council.
- Was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Fought Bill Clinton on welfare reform and invasion of Haiti and opposed the first Gulf War.
- Sponsored the bill that made Martin Luther King Jr. Day a holiday.
- Married his third wife.
- Made a reality show.
- Grabbed pussies.
- Advocated kicking Muslims out of the country.
- Energized the neo-Nazi white supremacist movement.
- May or may not have enjoyed a Russian “golden shower.”
- Mocked disabled reporters.
- Was one of the first to endorse the candidacy of Barack Obama.
- Introduced the bill that created the National Museum of African American History and Culture.
- Said of gay marriage: “I fought too long and too hard against discrimination based on race and color not to fight against discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.”
- Was arrested in Sudan protesting the genocide in Darfur.
- Was arrested for demonstrating at the U.S. Capitol for immigration reform.
- Led a sit-in on the floor of Congress to protest Republicans’ refusal to address gun control laws.
- Has served in Congress for 29 years and received more than 70 percent of the vote totals 13 of the 14 times he has been re-elected.
http://www.theroot.com/john-lewis-vs-ev … 1791360032
Well said, friend. The AJC (Atlanta Journal Constitution) was full of this exchange today. They did a great job for the "city that is too busy to hate."
Lewis also loudly attempted to delegitimized G.W.Bush , He has also been called out as part of the political caucus' of black leadership's ties to democratic constant failures in inner cities Economics , Once again though the leftist media simply creates another excuse for democrats failures in politics.
how many Right winged pigs spent the last 8 years delegitimizing Obama? Yes, I am black and against Trump and if he does not move to the political center FAST., a s*** storm will be the result that will make his administration impossible to administer. No Kumbaya, here...
Your man will be given a chance and some time, but not much of either.
As I said, it begins....
John Lewis said about my inauguration, "It will be the first one that I've missed." WRONG (or lie)! He boycotted Bush 43 also because he..."thought it would be hypocritical to attend Bush's swearing-in....he doesn't believe Bush is the true elected president." Sound familiar! WP
~ Donald Trump tweeted
So at this point , who cares ? Let the democrats stay away from the inauguration , why would anyone want these hypocrites there anyways , like the fake news originators in the media , let them suffer the same as the future as the "white house press corps" who may be no longer , America no longer needs a news media representation that is so biased as to attempt to completely alter all political reality .
by Credence24 months ago
This latest spat with Congressman John Lewis is another example of how Trump always comes off as a hot head with poor judgement, just what we need in the modern world.Yes, Lewis 'started it' with his statement about the...
by ahorseback29 hours ago
Lets face it , there isn't much honesty coming from the Leftstream News Media of the last year or two , Please , please , please .......................just file for impeachment and see...
by G. Diane Nelson Trotter2 months ago
Donald Trump is the president of the United States. The odds are in his favor to accomplish many of his objectives because of the trifecta.When his lies can easily be proven, does that impact1) public trust2)...
by Mike Russo2 days ago
Below is a link to an article written by Trump's author for Art of the Deal. It explains why Trump's behavior today was formed in his childhood and continues today. It is very revealing and explains the...
by Denise3 days ago
I've heard he has no toenail on his left little toe. Grounds enough for impeachment? What say you?
by ahorseback6 months ago
One thing in this election season that has been proven over and over , the American people DO NOT trust the election process , the media , the government , and so who can blame Trump ? Even democrats...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.