jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (10 posts)

Trump's campaign paid his own businesses $12.8 million

1. promisem profile image94
    promisemposted 2 months ago
    1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Don't know if there is a bit of truth in it, but the ethics of the action, if true, is fine.  Assuming, of course, that those businesses offered a price that was reasonable for services rendered.

promisemposted 2 months ago in reply to this

FYI, the information comes from Federal Election Commission reports filed by the campaign.

2. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Neither Clinton nor Trump accepted public funds for their campaigns, so I can't be too outraged over what either of them spent their campaign money on.  The last candidate to use federal matching funds was McCain in 2008.

3. ahorseback profile image49
      ahorsebackposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Every candidate does the economic shuffle in financing political campaigns , YOU had no problem with the Clintons and their foundation or Obama doing even far -worse than this ?   How hypocritical is your post , come on liberals try - Try not to be so naked in your hypocrisy.

promisemposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Sigh. I simply asked if it was right or wrong. Please relax.

4. dianetrotter profile image81
      dianetrotterposted 2 months ago in reply to this

If it is going on now, the emoluments clause will apply.

That clause applies solely to payments from foreign countries and dignitaries that give money to Trump.  Unless you think his campaign was a foreign country or King?

1. colorfulone profile image89
          colorfuloneposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Trump is giving any income from foreign profits to the US Treasury Dept.  smile   Sweet and generous man!

Yes, I saw that.  But I'm not sure about being "sweet" - while it likely isn't a lot of money (to Trump - might keep me going for years!) I'm sure it is done solely to prevent legal challenges.

working