jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Trump's O'Reilly Pre Superbowl Interview

1. jackclee lm profile image73
    jackclee lmposted 5 months ago

President Trump responded to the statement by Bill O'Reilly saying that Putin is a killer...which Trump replied with a question "are we so innocent...?"
    I am curious about the reactions of both the right and the left on this. It will be telling...

2. colorfulone profile image87
    colorfuloneposted 5 months ago

I watched O'Reilly's  interview with President Trump last evening.  The conversation about Putin starts at about the 2:10 mark on the video below.   

If Putin helps us fight ISIS to destroy the terrorists, he will have my respect and that of every country where they have been killing innocent people. 

Yeah, we got a lot of killers around.  "Do you think our country is so innocent?" ... Trump is right. Some of our government leaders have plenty of blood on their hands...including women and children. 

Bill O'Reilly's interview with President Trump
    Video:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVox2frrW64

COLD BLOODED
    Under Bill Clinton, former Secretary of State, Madeleine Albright said she thought the lives of 500,000 Iraq children was worth it.   -   May 12th 1996.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM0uvgHKZe8
    That kind of mindset and false justification is so dark to me.  Its evil!

jackclee lmposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Exactly right. As a Conservative, I agree with Trump on this. It is not to equate the US to Putin as some in the media suggests. That is not what Trump mean and they clearly knows it.
      We as a country have made mistakes. We have killed in the name of world peace and containing Communism...(Vietnam war, Cuba invasion, Argentina rebellion... Philippines and the Shah of Iran... just a few examples of where the US has intervened in world affairs with no clear advantage or moral authority.

Some of you progressives, you know Trump is right on this and your anti-American stance (vis-a-vis Obama's apology tour is basically saying the same thing).
      I like to hear you weigh in.

1. colorfulone profile image87
        colorfuloneposted 5 months ago in reply to this

I believe you are right and that is where they have made their mistake.  That once a nation's leaders has lost any sense of obligation to the standards or authority of the Supreme Judge of the Universe bad things happen.   To paraphrase, Alexander Hamilton in the Federalist Papers.

jackclee lmposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Bravo!

working