Sanctuary Cities Under Attack

1. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 weeks ago

The Texas Senate has now passed a bill removing funding from "Sanctuary Cities" - those cities, counties and university campuses that refuse to cooperate with federal immigration services - and the Pennsylvania Senate is following suit with their own version of the same type of law.  Seems that it took only a bit of encouragement, a recognition that there really IS a problem, to begin the process of re-taking our country from illegal aliens.

But it does bring to mind two questions; will Trumps plan to do something similar with states succeed?  And will California, before or after it secedes, do the same when it finds out that the feds are no longer going to support the illegals they welcome into the state?

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/02/08/texa … ill-today/
    http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/n … m-hit.html

2. colorfulone profile image88
    colorfuloneposted 6 weeks ago

I read that there are about 300 sanctuary cities in all, where illegal aliens are given amnesty. They are all criminals if they are here illegally and many of them are using fake ID's and Social Security numbers to work and file taxes illegally, or collecting some kind of aid illegally.   

Last week during Governor Abbott's, State of the State speech he said that banning sanctuary cities is one of his four emergency items.  I'm sure he will sign that bill into law. 

Balkanization has never worked well in any country.

ADDED:  Some of these illegal aliens have been to court several times to fight deportation and have been order by a court to be deported years ago.  Under the lawless Obama Adim. the law wasn't upheld. 

There's a news Sheriff in town!

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Yes, I expect Texas to pass the law.  And likely Pa as well.  Perhaps they've finally gotten the message that supporting millions of illegal aliens isn't what the people want.

working