jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Women's March organizers call for general strike Feb. 17

1. promisem profile image93
    promisemposted 6 weeks ago

The division in the United States between pro-Trump and anti-Trump citizens is getting worse every day. Now the Women's March organizers are calling for a general strike in the U.S., which is something that happens often in Europe but never here.

No doubt people on HubPages and elsewhere will have strong opinions about it. Whether it succeeds or fails remains to be seen. I understand the motives, but I'm concerned about the impact of such strikes on the economy.

Do you believe it's another sign that the hostilities are getting worse?

http://f17strike.com/

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

What in the world are they protesting?  That democracy worked?

I never did get that straight...just what was being protesting.  At best it seemed to be that the position of women has become far better than it used to be!

1. colorfulone profile image88
        colorfuloneposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

That is a valid concern.  I believe we are heading for a recession, and that there are those who are trying to crash the economy.  Its been going to happen sooner or later for a long time.  I think the sooner the better, because that would give President Trump time to revive the economy before the next election.  If, he could do that, he would win a second term. 

I suggest preparing the best you can for the bottom to fall out, and hope it doesn't last too long.

2. ahorseback profile image46
      ahorsebackposted 6 weeks ago

Women do not like orange hair until their sixties , seventies , eighties!

1. colorfulone profile image88
        colorfuloneposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Yeah, once they get older it doesn't matter what color hair is.  When I was young we knew an older lady who had blue hair.  It seemed odd to me then, but now I think she was ahead of her time.  It looked nice on her in a well kept hair style.

working