Who is going to keep an eye on the spies?

1. jackclee lm profile image72
    jackclee lmposted 4 months ago

The patriot Act gave the power to spy to the various agencies of the federal government including the NSA, the CIA and the FBI...in the name of homeland security.
    The questions is who is going to overseee these individuals who may have access to embarrassing information especially when it comes to politicians and political appointees.

I was against this strategy of recording all these personal data because I know if the data was captured and saved, someone will use it for other than its intended purpose. It is just human nature.
    The chickens have come home to roost.

So, who is going to oversee these intelligence people, who are some 40,000 strong?

1. ahorseback profile image44
      ahorsebackposted 4 months ago in reply to this

The institutions of intelligence  were once , at least are far as the public knew ,  FAR less ideologically divisive  . The two political ideologies in America at least  got along well enough to allow  certain neutral agencies of  government to operate separate  of ideological divisiveness !
      -FBI
      -CIA
      -DOJ
      These agencies and more were neutrally operated  for the most part . That  " Behind the scenes" day to day operation  I'm sure was occasionally and internally compromised and so dealt with  but today the extremely "fixed " political ideologies  of the American public  have become  integral to ALL government employment .\The fixed ideological opinion now  steers everything in politics  , defined  ideology is at the helm.the lowest government employee has an agenda to be reckoned with . AND the media loves that !THE MEDIA USED TO BE THE WATCHDOG  !  Now it flourishes on pure divisiveness and too hell with any protective integrity .

working