FBI ‘Granted FISA Warrant’ Covering Trump Camp’s Ties To Russia

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (17 posts)
  1. peoplepower73 profile image90
    peoplepower73posted 7 years ago

The subject title that I posted is the spark that ignited the Obama/ Trump wire tapping fiasco.  It comes from a right wing news organization called Heat Street. It was written by Louise Mensch, a former Tory member of the British Parliament and an independent journalist. It was posted on Heat Steet. November 7, 2016.  Mark Levin, a right wing shock jock radio host picked up the article and ran with it.  He also passed it on to Breigtbart News.  Steve Bannnon who was head of Breitbart and is now Trumps chief strategist became aware of this report that had nothing to do with wire tapping but was interpreted as such.

At the same time Jeff Sessions was taking the heat for possible collusion with the Russians.  Trump and Bannon announced this as a cover-up to take the heat off of Jeff Sessions.  All of the calls for an investigation and the flurry behind it are not going to produce anything, because the president, including Trump has the power to access all FISA reports.  This is all a smoke screen cover up between Trump and his cohorts to take the heat off of him and Sessions. This is nothing more than a diversion by Trump and it will stay an open issue forever, because it will never be proven to Trump's satisfaction.  This is just like the birther movement and the illegal voting fiasco they are still open issues with people who want to believe them. In the mean time our tax payers money is being spent on this foolishness.

Here is the link to the actually "report" article written by Louise Mensch.  Notice that it was about possible Russian campaign funds to Trump's election via servers connected to two banks.  There is nothing about wire tapping ordered by Obama.  It is all a distortion of the facts.  You can't make this stuff up.

https://heatst.com/world/exclusive-fbi- … to-russia/

1. dianetrotter profile image61
      dianetrotterposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I love Lindsay Graham and John McCain.  "There is no there there!"  But we will request records anyway!

2. lions44 profile image94
      lions44posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hard to believe it's come to this.  Keep up the good work, Mike.  Trump is a complete embarrassment.  My party has been hijacked and I want it back.  Thx.

peoplepower73posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Lions 44.  It's a little bit of investigative reporting.  It really surprised me when I put the pieces of the puzzle together.

The Alpha Bank piece adds poop to the outhouse.

2. GA Anderson profile image88
          GA Andersonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hello peoplepower73, do your puzzle pieces include the possibility that a FISA warrant had no bearing? That perhaps it is more of an NSA thing?

I am not promoting this thought, but I am pondering it.

A question in my mind relates to the General Flynn thing. It seems confirmed that a leak of an intelligence intercept of his phone conversations with the Russians was the cause for his downfall. So where did that leaked intelligence originate? It wasn't from the results of a FISA warrant - at least according to stories I can find.

Do you think that question has any merit? If FISA didn't authorize a tap on Flynn - then where did the intercept come from? And if it wasn't a FISA warrant in Flynn's case, is there a possibility that it isn't a FISA warrant issue in Pres. Trump's case?

just ask'n

GA

It's my understanding that calls were traced from outside the country and went to designated Trump people.  Mike Flynn just admitted he was an agent for Turkey.

The internet communication between Alpha Bank and Trump Tower is adding flavor to the mix.

We'll see if there is something all "extra" about Sessions.

I feel the Feds already know what was done/said but want people to admit and possibly learn more.  Never enter a market with a person who still fruit.

1. profile image0
              ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Just announced by the L.A.P. media.
              Left-stream Associated Press .

CNN , MSNBC ,  CBS , and others just announced and wired  these  authentic photos  of secret  meetings between Trump and Putin .   No expense has been spared in the acquisition  of these highly classified and top secret photos taken somewhere in the  Urals  , quite possibly at Camp Putin .   
              https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13441698.gif

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13441700.jpg

Impeach  Trump now !

ahorseback:  A little bit of reverse psychology there.  That's not like you. It looks like your are desperate to come up with a reasonable reply, so now you are using sarcasm memes. 

GA:  It is my understanding that the NSA has the legal right to monitor calls to foreign countries.  They don't monitor specific calls, but do it by big data mining of major trunk lines. If a major trunk line raises a flag, they have technology that zooms in on specific flags.   It's like sifting through buckets of sand to find a pebble.  They have very sophisticated technologies that do the data mining. I suppose any calls between our political people and the Russians raises flags.  That may be how Flynn and the others were found out.  This may help.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na … 86a36703c1

1. GA Anderson profile image88

That was an interesting link promisem, thanks.

However, that possible NSA location ability is short of the point of intercepted phone conversations.

The question of how the conversation's contents were obtained, and where the leaker would get that information from, still remains open as I see it.

GA

2. dianetrotter profile image61

Not to mention he was acting as an agent for a foreign government.  It makes his "Lock her up" chant hypocritical.

Thank you Diane. They are in denial about their hypocrisy.  They can't allow themselves to accept it.

GA:  That article only mentioned how they determine location.   However, I'm sure they have technology to record conversations of high profile politicians, once the system flags them.  It's not intercepted manually, but in real time, by the intelligence gathering system.  Once they are recorded, the system informs the intelligence community of a possible hit.  I'm sure it is not only done for politicians but for suspicious terrorists as well.

I think it would be very difficult for a lay person to find out exactly how it is done.  I worked with the NSA on the Minuteman missile fail system in the 60's and their mantra was, "If you didn't have the need to know, then you didn't get the information."  I'm sure it hasn't changed.

2. Don W profile image82
            Don Wposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Did you consider the possibility that the target of the surveillance was the Russian Ambassador, and/ or known Russian intelligence operatives, rather than Flynn?

The article peoplepower73 linked to seems to relate to NSA surveillance related to "suspected activity between the server and two banks".

But the the intercepted phone conversation between Flynn seems to be separate from that, and  more likely the result of surveillance on the ambassador on suspicion of trying to manipulate US citizens with significant political influence.

1. GA Anderson profile image88

Hi Don, I think your thought about the intercept possibly being from surveillance of the Russian ambassador might have some validity.

As I ponder your thought, I wonder if it may still be possible that Pres. Trump was 'bugged/tapped', (I am still only accepting the possibility, not the certainty - as he claims), because of calls being associated with a authorized target. Hmm...

Reminds me of a TV show episode; NSA was listening to a FISA authorized target. A completely innocent, and unconnected, (to the FISA target), individual used a phone that was part of the FISA authorization. Bingo! Now NSA deemed this innocent individual to fall under the FISA authorization - so they intercepted all of her communications. Of course I know that was just a TV scenario, but is it too far-fetched to be a possible scenario of a real-life situation? I don't think so.

GA

3. Don W profile image82
      Don Wposted 7 years agoin reply to this

More pieces for your puzzle:

The Heatstreet article says:

"The warrant was sought, they say, because actionable intelligence on the matter provided by friendly foreign agencies could not properly be examined without a warrant by US intelligence as it involves ‘US Persons’ who come under the remit of the FBI and not the CIA".

This story from March 1 seems to independently report the same: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/01/us/p … cking.html

"American allies, including the British and the Dutch, had provided information describing meetings in European cities between Russian officials — and others close to Russia’s president, Vladimir V. Putin — and associates of President-elect Trump, according to three former American officials who requested anonymity in discussing classified intelligence."

So foreign intelligence agencies (who obviously run their own surveillance on Russian officials and intelligence operatives) alerted US agencies of meetings between the Russians and "associates of President-elect Trump".

I hope MIchael Steele is being heavily guarded.  Maybe he will be subpoenaed.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)