Do You Care About President Trump's Golfing Trips

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (34 posts)
  1. crankalicious profile image87
    crankaliciousposted 7 years ago

Do you care how many times President Trump has visited his golf courses during his short presidency? if not, that's fine, but Trump himself made a very big deal out of how many times President Obama played golf and is on record as saying he would stay in Washington and "work is ass off".

Do such things matter?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Does he get the necessary work done?  Is he accomplishing what he needs to?  If so I couldn't care less if he played every day.

crankaliciousposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Except that his trips to Mar-A-Lago cost the taxpayer $3 million each.

If you didn't care how much golf Obama played, then you are certainly on solid ground. Also golf can be played and business conducted at the same time.

1. jackclee lm profile image81
          jackclee lmposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You do realize our budget is over 1 trillion $$$. a few million here and there is chuck change.
          Our government waste so much of our tax dollars...that is why we conservatives believe in a limited government as the best way forward.

I actually believe in limited government. We just disagree on where it should be limited.

At least that is a start...
              Where do you want to limit?
              I am open to debate.

Tax reform! I actually think Trump has some good ideas about tax reform. Increasing the individual standard deduction as a way of simplifying taxes makes a lot of sense even though it would probably hurt me personally.

I am for the fair tax. The tax code is too complex and full of loop holes for special interestes.
                  I want all people to pay some tax. That way, they have some skin in the game.
                  The fair tax is such that people pay their fair share and simplify the process.

1. MizBejabbers profile image87
                    MizBejabbersposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I wish somebody would tell me what is "fair tax". The proposed Flat Tax hurts the poor and middle class much more than it hurts the rich. 5% or 10% of minimum wage or even $50,000 a year is a burden, but that same percentage on multimillionaires and billionaires is pocket change. The income levels of income tax was supposed to allow each taxpayer to pay his or her fair share, but it has obviously gotten out of hand.
                    The earned income credit is just another welfare program because people can get back more than they paid in or receive money back when they haven't paid in at all.
                    So what is fair? I'm willing to listen to anyone with good ideas.

2. wilderness profile image96

Good point - there really is a lot of business conducted on a golf course.

I guess if Trump or Obama were playing hundreds of hours of ping pong, we should be upset. However, if you're playing golf, very little time is actually spent playing. It's mostly walking and talking.

Again, if he gets what needs doing, done, can't see that it matters.  None of us put in nearly as many work hours as Trump does, or Obama did, as president; it seems incredibly petty of us to complain when they play for a few hours.  For that matter we know that people need time off and to deny our President that would be quite shortsighted.

Stressful jobs are performed better when there is down time.

2. ptosis profile image67
              ptosisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I wondered about that, if there is walking - that is great exercise for a 70 year old man

But no he uses a golf cart. -

2. jackclee lm profile image81

No one has come close to Obama's over 300 rounds of golf in 8 years...
      I actually hoped he would play more so that he could do less damage haha...

No one has come close? You are wrong. Here's a link:

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/weve-cr … -in-office

Woodrow Wilson played 1200 rounds. Ike played 800. And George W. Bush, while perhaps not playing as much golf, took 4 times as many vacation days.

3. profile image0
      promisemposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Too many people fail to understand that he is visiting his own golf courses for the sake of promoting them and getting rich from the publicity.

He is doing the same thing with his resort in Florida. Taxpayers fork out millions for him to fly down there every weekend and walking around in front of people who pay $200,000 for a membership (increased from $100,000 after he got elected).

Amazing how the so-called fiscal conservatives don't grasp the extent of his corruption and cost to the taxpayers.

2. Sharlee01 profile image80
    Sharlee01posted 7 years ago

Not sure he has taken any? I know he has been on three trips to visit his Florida home. However, I follow his facebook page, and all three trips he posted his itinerary for the trips,  he had several meetings with other Heads of Nations, business CEO's as well as a wide variety of other groups. He actually post a daily schedule, and a weekly video of what he feels he may have accomplished. I don't think I have ever seen a President use his time more wisely or one that is more transparent. He has faults, but wasting time is surely not one of them. If he squeezed in a gulf game, more power to him. I am a it tired of all the attacks on our new president on nitpicking subjects. Time to tune in and see what he has been really working on... Anyone that feels he is wasting his time or spending out dime, check out his facebook, could not hurt... Oh, he also has confirmed he will not be taking a salary more than $1.00. As have the better part of his cabinet. I also did not care if Obama took time off for recreation.  Before one judges if he is "working his ass off", have a look at his schedule. It's the fair thing to do. I check his facebook daily, and feel very well informed, and one can not all but see he is working his ass off...

Based on the numerous false statements he has made, I would not judge his Facebook feed as a source of accurate nor unbiased information, but I guess that's up to the person digesting that information and, most likely, their politics.

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

I'm more concerned with the cost of secret service protection for his sons going to places like Dubai to open more Trump hotels at tax payer expense.  Trump probably only ran for president for perks like this.

You got to be kidding.
      Trump does not need our tax dollars. I do believe the only reason he ran for President is he wants to restore America to its former glory. He is a senior citizen with grandkids. He would prefer to golf all day and spoil his grandkids. He took this on because he interviewed all the GOP candidates and found them lacking... for whatever reason, he won.

1. profile image0
        promisemposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yet each trip weekend trip to Mar-a-Lago costs taxpayers like you and me more than $3 million.

"About $770,000 of that cost was borne by the Department of Homeland Security, which oversees the Secret Service, while the other $2.8 million was billed to the Defense Department, primarily for the use of Air Force One and its accompanying support." - The Hill

1. profile image0
          ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"The HILL"
          There's your problem .
          Take all of the money that  the media spent on Hilary's campaign Against Trump , take all of the money Hilary spent on her campaign against Trump ,  take all of the money that was spent by the RNC and the DNC BOTH to fight Trump ,  Add them all together !
          Trump paid for his own campaign - Serves his country for no salary  ?
          Can you not figure that all up ?,

I figure Trump can Golf "on my dime " for the next thirty years with my tax dollar .

1. ptosis profile image67
            ptosisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Whatta Maroon. It wasn't 100% self funded. Quit lying. Show me the evidence that he refused Prex pay - other than a lie from RumpleThinSkin himself.

Quit lying. Quit lying for a liar.

1. profile image0

Better go back to liberal 101 , your  "slip is  showing" .

2. profile image0

I wonder exactly what Obama's trips to Hawaii  cost , never been there myself , I hear it's mega expensive !       

Time to grow up people .

2. wilderness profile image96

Protection is part of the package, and I for one shall not quibble about a few million protecting the President and his family from the insanity.  Nor shall I expect any of them to sit deep inside Cheyenne mountain for the duration, never seeing the light of day, to save a few bucks of the secret service budget.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image78

The Fair Tax is a national sales tax.  People living below the poverty line get waivers.

It's "fair" that person A pays more for a loaf of bread than person "B"?  They both get the same product for their money - what makes that "fair"?

1. Live to Learn profile image59
        Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Are you seriously advocating that this isn't fair or are you just having fun? Should a poor person spend a larger percentage of their income for a loaf of bread because a person who can easily afford one and pay a sales tax doesn't think it is fair?

Honestly. Poor people in the inner cities are already at a disadvantage because the cost of goods is higher than it is out in the country. People who can't afford insurance are already gouged by the medical industry. They pay a great deal more for services than the insurance company does for people it covers.

Are you going to begrudge an untaxed loaf of bread to them?

5. Kathleen Cochran profile image78

They get a voucher for the tax, not the item itself.  Right now, people who don't make an annual income above a certain amount, don't pay tax.  How is this different?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)