Tillerson Skips NATO - Visits Russia Instead

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (21 posts)
  1. ptosis profile image67
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

Riddle me this? WTF is going on?
    Somebody please explain to me why

"U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson plans to skip a meeting with NATO foreign ministers next month in order to stay home for a visit by China's president and will go to Russia later in April, U.S. officials said"

or keep reading maybe this why?

"State Department officials would not confirm that the reason Tillerson will skip the meeting of NATO foreign ministers in Brussels on April 5 and 6 is because he will be attending President Trump’s meeting with visiting Chinese President Xi Jinping at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida. Tillerson met with Xi last weekend in Beijing to discuss the growing threat from North Korea’s nuclear ambitions. "  http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-t … SKBN16S04I

So that seems OK, Can't be in two places at once.  Eh?

https://pics.onsizzle.com/exxon-mobils-ceo-rex-tillerson-signs-a-deal-with-russia-9021954.png

1. Will Apse profile image87
      Will Apseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Does the State Dept still have any kind of real role?

2. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Your first problem is when you let a certain  brainwashing ideology  dictate to your perception of political and current media event's  reality , where'd you get your political info ,S.C.  Berkley ?      One would think that  even the least educated  American can understand especially   the necessary  diplomacies of  political enemies .   I once read and began to understand immediately that ,   " There has to be  clear and precise lines  of communication between two countries  who's ideologies differ so greatly as does Russia's and the US."

N.A.T.O , is an incredibly draining economic  entity to America , for one thing .   And given all the  media hype and stupidity about  fearing the "Big  Russia Bear ",  We should ALL rather the communication lines remain open  between the US. and Russia .

ptosisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

What is wrong with you people?

1. Live to Learn profile image62
        Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Somehow, I think the name Ahorseback refers to one person, not 'you people'.

I said that because in a different thread he used the "you people' phrase as an insult so I returned the gesture.

2. Will Apse profile image87

Berkely is indeed the true enemy. I read on WND that it is weaponizing diplomas. They have very big diplomas, with very long words.

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Intellectual Idealist liberals and all the diploma's that they can cheat themselves into  are some of the most venomous deceivers  in the western world .    Berkeley ,  , Harvard  , .......etc.   some of the most activist liberal  training  grounds in all of the  political ideologies anywhere ,

Look at what ALL they have greatly accomplished in the major  U.S. cities run by liberal establishment administrations  for decades , they have essentially ended all the poverty ,  crime ,  hunger , opioid  addictions ,pollutions  ......................No ?...................Oh ....., I must have been mislead by  something  coming from  a high school diploma alone !

1. Will Apse profile image87

Just to be serious, for a moment.

I reckon you need a break. Whatever is powering your emotional life right now, turn away from it for a while. It is easy to get into dark places.

I say this with no animosity. Best of luck.

2. ptosis profile image67

Well at least you admit it openly that you are poorly educated - - unless you went to a private high school.

"I don't want a nation of thinkers. I want a nation of workers. " John D. Rockefeller

"There is a growing and disturbing trend of anti-intellectual elitism in American culture. It’s the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility." - https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wi … wn-america

http://localtvwhotv.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/s029270899-300.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=770

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/66/ae/ef/66aeeff66959a10271e0be9fccc28f2c.jpg

Congratulations, here's your  sign

1. profile image0
            ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

There is a huge difference between your being "pooly educated " or for that matter over educated  , and being self educated , which I am     At least I didn't drink the  favorite cool aid of elitist  intellectuals everywhere ,  The stupefying drink of Obama-ism !

Did you just call me a pussy communist?

2. Will Apse profile image87

My parents left school when they were fourteen. My father took an apprenticeship in a local factory and my mother worked in a shop.

That was all that was required of them.

In the sixties, the UK government realised that it needed more graduates, so hard working little proletarian kids like me got funneled into college.

It was uncomfortable being a working class boy in a world dominated by middle class values. It was also uncomfortable being in a working class family after I had been infected by middle class tastes and aspirations

We all get pushed around by forces that are bigger than we are.

It's important to keep a 'f**k them all' attitude ready at all times. And don't let other people's BS get under your skin.

3. Live to Learn profile image62
    Live to Learnposted 7 years ago

Your quote says he is skipping the meeting to meet with a Chinese official but your thread claims he is visiting Russia instead. I think I can connect the dots on this one.

1. colorfulone profile image79
      colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Typical liberal hysteria...the Russians, the Russians.  Is it any wonder why they can't connect dots? They ignore the Clinton's strong ties with Russia, but then so does the liberal media (I guess that means it never happened).

It was Hillary Clinton (under Obama) who gave a Russian company one fifth of the US uranium.  Oh but, that's ok?  No, no, no, no, no!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13457325.jpg
      Where is the concern about that?   
      Oh that's right, they don't like those dots!

2. ptosis profile image67

dams your good
      Yes, Mar de largo FIRST
      THEN
      Russia
      My god don't you even read the entire thing?

I don't read every link posted by either far end. Where does it end? If any of you were to be taken seriously we'd have a mess on our hands.

So not taking it seriously precludes that there is an actual mess?

No. But, the left ignores the mess of politicians on the left. The right ignores the mess of politicians on the right. Anyway, skipping a meeting doesn't qualify as 'a mess'. Last I heard, anyway. I'd have to know more about the meeting's agenda to determine if skipping the meeting constitutes a change in Defcon status.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

ahorse:  I have wondered where your anger comes from.  This comment explains a lot.

5. colorfulone profile image79
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Hillary is so into herself that she didn't notice...

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13457455.jpg
    ...  pretty stupid!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)