jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Was Obama's arrogance the reason for his minor legacy ?

1. ahorseback profile image47
    ahorsebackposted 4 months ago

Were  Pres. Obama's arrogance , stubbornness  and naiveté the biggest reasons for the  fact that his legacy  will go down as a negative   ?    Or in other words , how many other reasons are there ?

Will he really be forgotten as liberals everywhere truly fear ?

1. Credence2 profile image86
      Credence2posted 4 months ago in reply to this

That is just another crock. if I fault Obama for anything it is having been far too conciliatory with the GOP for far too long into his term long after he became aware that they were good for only obstruction, nothing more.

1. ahorseback profile image47
        ahorsebackposted 4 months ago in reply to this

From the moment he won the Nobel prize just for showing up , the media fell in love with this  presidential empty suit ,   Kennedy's Camelot  and its total  fallacy  itself was almost as fake as the Obama  legacy ,  hardly  one media entity held him accountable  to his job  ,   Even democrats  held the opinion that Hilary was an empty 'Armani ' yet gave Obama a free pass to stardom , , I saw arrogance almost every time he spoke to the people through HIS  media , and  democrats  still  draw your every political breath from  this phony image.

Name one real accomplishment  besides Obama Care - stolen from Clinton Care .

2. colorfulone profile image87
      colorfuloneposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I think Obama's problem is ideological / political more than anything, but I saw his arrogance and that turned me off right away.  A phony that said one thing and did another.  Mr. Nobel Peace Prize that seemed to liked continual wars, blood and death.  Dual personalities?

The policies were in place to secure the borders and to build a barrier, fence, wall whatever you want to call it...but that got halted and border agents and officers were told to stand down by the Obama Adm.  Trump didn't have any resistance to getting his plans to secure the borders because it had already been voted on long before.  Plus, he told the Border Patrol and ICE to do their job.  I have read that the illegal border crossings have slowed down bigly and I think most Americans feel good about that and less drugs being snuggled in.

8 U.S.C. Section 1373 was put into place during the Obama Administration so he must have been tying, unless that too was for show. IDK.  Now, it sounds like its going to be enforced by Trump's, Attorney General Jeff Sessions.   Any sanctuary city that violates the law might have their federal funding removed and if they have already received funding they would need to repay it.  It should be interesting to see what happens there with those cities and states that don't want to enforce the law.   The politicians in DC that voted for the law in the first place will have to go along with President Trump...haha!  Oh, I bet that's going to burn their chaps.   

I guess I got off topic, but got it off my chest...so thanks.

ADDED:  "Palestinian terrorist, 'Women's March' organizer, stripped of U.S. Citizenship and deported" ... SOME VETTING THERE ha!
      *   https://www.hermancain.com/palestinian- … -organizer

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image86
    Kathleen Cochranposted 4 months ago

Have a problem with both of your premises: arrogance ( I see dignity and class - both missing from the presidency today) and minor legacy (just how far does a person have to go in saving our economy and saving people's lives through adequate health care to be given credit for a historic legacy?)

ahorse:  You need to start writing a gardening or recipe series.  This line of writing is getting old.

working