jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (25 posts)

What kind of constituency elects someone like Maxine Waters ?

1. ahorseback profile image50
    ahorsebackposted 4 weeks ago

And she's not the only swamp  monster , there are many on BOTH sides of the aisle  and they ,we keep re- electing them ?
    -Nancy Pelosi
    -Harry   Reid 

1. Credence2 profile image85
      Credence2posted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

I noticed that you did not mention any Republicans, was that by oversight or design?

ahorsebackposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

The dotted lines Credence ?

When you filled the first lines how about a GOP and one Democrat, it would give people less of an impression that you are obviously biased regarding one party over the other. Do you even have a GOP that would qualify on your little list?

Because that might have been construed as my saying  you're having to be fair  . Obviously ,you know I believe there are more on your side ...........:-]

I take issue with MORE being on 'my' side. We are ultimately going dispense with the rightwing cretin, it is just going to take a little time and patience

Just who is the right wing cretin ?

If you have to ask, then there is no point in telling you......

No ,because it riles you to have to lie so much , Trump is a centrist with a loud mouth - That's different than a  right wing   cretin .       Got to get your government 101  book out ?

2. promisem profile image94
      promisemposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

I get the timing of your post. Bill O'Reilly insults her looks, people get outraged and Fox lovers try to divert attention by attacking her for something else.

I don't watch or like Bill O'Reily  , didn't see that , I only see her lack of intelligence  and overzealousness against  ANY conservative.

She is smart enough to recognize rightwing polecats when she sees them and calls them out as such.

Or  smart enough to get elected in a intelligence  challenged  state ?

Now, what scholarly foundation was that silly statement based upon?

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image85
        Kathleen Cochranposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

promisem:  You caught on.  Wish more Americans would.

Actually Bill apologized .........................I don't think he wanted to give her any free  miles .

2. promisem profile image94
          promisemposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

We can only hope.

Well............... Now we got a Trump --Hitler connection   , We've got to get the House Intelligence Committee  in on this one too  ?
            Thank you Credence , were lucky to have such investigative  forum dwellers.

We can only hope .

2. colorfulone profile image87
    colorfuloneposted 4 weeks ago

"I have to march because my mother couldn't have an abortion"
    ~ Maxine Waters

I think we need to be more understanding of those who are self-loathing and just let them self destruct or hang themselves.

3. ahorseback profile image50
    ahorsebackposted 4 weeks ago

Besides I think she has Roy Orbison's  wig  ?     I read that  somewhere  , maybe on  CNN.....:-]

Donald Trumps hair is a characteristic icon, much like Hitler's moustache?

"There you go again" ...........

2. GA Anderson profile image86
        GA Andersonposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

*groannnnn* Geez Louise ....

GA

The topic around Maxine Waters was O'Reilly's nasty comments regarding her hair dresser. I think that this comment is fair game. Characatures are part and parcel of being a celebrity, right?

What about Bush Jr and  Obama's ears or Nixon's ski nose, for example. I am not going beyond these rather superficial similarities regarding Trump and Hitler.

At least not at this occasion.......

Credence ,  Orange hair ,  fine .   Loud mouth , Yup . Bully , Ok,   But the minute that you use  Hitler  , you're making it very political and very  personal .      For instance  , my Father  and perhaps yours too , would tell you to grow up  because there are no similarities whatsoever between an American politician  and a perpetrator of mass genocide  .  My Father once told me this , disgusted with how people spoke about  something or other political ;

" There are times when I'd like to sit a few people down and force them to watch the bulldozing of decimated human bodies into mass graves  and watch the  knees , elbows and hands bend in the wrong directions while being driven over with the bull dozer .like we watched at  Bergen Belsen , "

Is Trump still "like Hitler "?

working