jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Rep.Thomas McArthur of NJ is the only GOP with an ounce of integrity?

1. Credence2 profile image85
    Credence2posted 3 weeks ago

Such nerve, gut the most important aspects of Obamacare for the general public but keep the sweet stuff for Congress and their staffers?

This is another dirty Republican trick for which the Democrats are calling them to account.  So, I guess that what is good for the goose is not good for the gander, huh?

The fact that the GOP leadership in Congress could ever let such thoughts see the light of day is quite telling about them and who they REALLY represent.

Pretty mainstream source, so no excuses about fake news stuff, OK?

I do give Rep. McArthur credit for going into the lion's den to call the GOP leadership's attention to how their stupid ploy is going to play with the general public.

Please see article attached for background.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/33 … f-congress

1. GA Anderson profile image86
      GA Andersonposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

I think this has changed Credence2, not the fact that the amendment wasn't originally there, (your initial thought is correct - a dumb trick), but the fact that the sunshine forced its removal.

The reads I recall say that Congress will now have the same plan(s) as available to the public.

GA

2. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Probably introduced into the original language as a sop to get Democrats on board, don't you think?  At least the only people trying to get it changed are all Republicans...

1. Misfit Chick profile image93
        Misfit Chickposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

After reading the article, it seems to me that they have the GOP's reason for originally putting that option in there wrong. It probably wasn't because they thought the new plan was too bad to keep; but because the conservatives (ie., Freedom Caucus) want a full repeal of Ocare and they probably can't have that.

So this was probably a concession added so that uber-conservatives would have more good reasons to support it - kind of like all the silly agreements that were made at the end before Ocare came to be. Having absolutely no national healthcare policy is what they want; and they would LIKE that to be the case for everyone.

Twisted 'not quite fake' news to make people think the GOP are being irresponsible when they're probably just being like the Dems - and that is normal. smile

1. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

This I can go with.  Although the basic policies are different, when it comes to their personal gain they are identical.

1. colorfulone profile image86
            colorfuloneposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

I will give Misfit Chick a +1 on that, too.  Simply put is always good.

1. Misfit Chick profile image93
              Misfit Chickposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you both... The next time someone calls me a snowflake or a liberal, I just may send them to this link, ha!

The majority of us are trying to drive in the middle lane because we know both sides are tainted - and neither is tainted more than the other. They both need to be cleaned up and we're working on it. But, we get nowhere fast with the divisions they insist on using to stir up chaos among us.

I really do want this country and President Trump to succeed as much as you do - even if we have different ideas. Diversity makes us strong as long as one extreme or the other is not being forced upon us. I totally believe that.

working