jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Antifa

1. Onusonus profile image85
    Onusonusposted 2 months ago

A lot of liberals are pushing the narrative that conservatives are fascists. I'm wondering, what was the economic platform of the original Italian fascists of WWII?
    Hint: it wasn't capitalism.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 2 months ago in reply to this

authoritarianism.  As in government owns the earnings of everyone?  As in You may not drill for oil here, but can there?  As in you may not defend yourself against violence of others - only the "authorities" may do that? 

While liberals are better than conservatives in some areas along these lines, in others the conservatives take the lead.  Not much difference at the end of it all; either side will control, to whatever extent they can, actions of the people.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I think a lot of liberals are pushing the notion that some conservatives are fascists, which is true.  Just as it is true that some, but not all, liberals are communists.  Neither side is good at recognizing their internal diversity but when you cut the spectrum in half it is inevitable that some liberals are more similar to some conservatives than some other liberals--and vice versa.

2. Live to Learn profile image80
    Live to Learnposted 2 months ago

They've been reading Ayn Rand again.

3. Onusonus profile image85

Google is now being criticised for changing the definition of "fascism" to suit a liberal narrative against conservatives.

4. Onusonus profile image85

"Our social welfare system is so much more than just charity. Because we do not say to the rich people: Please, give something to the poor. Instead we say: .. people, help yourself! Everyone must help, whether you are rich or poor! Everyone must have the belief that there's always someone in a much worse situation than I am, and this person I want to help as a comrade."

Liberal or Hitler?

working