jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

What was the alleged crime committed by General Michael Flynn?

1. jackclee lm profile image74
    jackclee lmposted 2 months ago

Can anyone tell me what was his crime that lead to this drama even months after his firing as National Security Advisor? It is now involved with the firing of FBI director Comey. Whatever happen to our justice system of innocent until proven guilty? Due process?
    If it was so serious, why was he not charged officially?
    Can anyone defend this in light of what transpired with the Clinton email scandal?
    What has he done that warrents this scrutiny by the FBI when Clinton was exonerated?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 2 months ago in reply to this

He had the unmitigated gall to be associated with the Republican party, which has taken control of the White House.

2. Don W profile image83
      Don Wposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Failing to seek permission to accept employment/ payment from foreign governments (felony).

Failing to disclose payments from groups associated with foreign governments (felony).

The countries he accepted payment to work on behalf of were Turkey and (surprise surprise!) Russia.

3. My Esoteric profile image90
      My Esotericposted 2 months ago in reply to this

This gives a concise, fact-filled, synopsis of what's up with Flynn.  It did leave out, however, falsifying his security questionnaire; a felony.  https://www.vox.com/world/2017/5/16/156 … -fbi-flynn

In the article it has this tid-bit: it was "on February 16 that Flynn “denied to FBI agents in an interview last month that he had discussed U.S. sanctions against Russia with that country’s ambassador.” Lying to federal investigators is a felony, punishable by jail time.  However, think back to your ire about Comey deciding there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute Clinton, they apparently did the same thing for Flynn as the article continues

"It now seems Flynn wasn’t going to be arrested; FBI investigators now reportedly believe he wasn’t intentionally lying to them."

2. colorfulone profile image89
    colorfuloneposted 2 months ago

When the liberal biased media was discussing a photo with Flynn sitting at a table with Putin, they neglected to show that Jill Stein was sitting at the table with them along with other people.  They failed to report that Stein must have been colluding with the Russians with Flynn. 

Its an information war. 
    Lies and deception vs the truth and the whole picture.

3. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 2 months ago

It really is tiresome to need to say this but he lied about his connections with Russian officials to your VP. Not a crime, but thought to be bad practice.

He also accepted money for making pro-Putin speeches in Russia.

Perhaps a crime... for various reasons.

Basic message: read more.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 2 months ago in reply to this

What crime could be committed for giving a speech in Russia?  Assuming no government secrets were revealed, what American crime could possible have been committed?

4. colorfulone profile image89
    colorfuloneposted 2 months ago

Just heard Flynn is pleading the Fifth Amendment.  He decide he doesn't want to talk to the meatballs.  That will be big news for awhile. 

Still, it will be ignored that Susan Rice decide to ignore the meatballs completely cause she didn't want to talk them either.  On and on it goes!

5. ahorseback profile image45
    ahorsebackposted 2 months ago

VOX ,  seriously   ,  I have read about the six or eight   headline pages  of this sight and determined them as  just one more  propaganda  news sight  ,   perhaps one thing conservatives CAN do is  differentiate  between phony  , fake  , fallacy ,  and an outright lie .

How is it that its okay if a democrat  had no intent to break a law and a conservative must be hung for the same offence ?

It's like , "I had no intent of murdering twenty six people "  so  I won't be prosecuted ?

1. colorfulone profile image89
      colorfuloneposted 2 months ago in reply to this

VOX is another Orwellian propaganda site streaming the conspiracy theories of today.  I can imagine them sitting around with their little shiny tin hats.

2. My Esoteric profile image90

Yes, Vox, I don't care about the source so long as what I am reading is authoritative, non-hyperbolic, and not extreme in its content.  This particular story with a cogent headline of "Michael Flynn might have committed very serious crimes. Trump asked Comey to lay off him" and the content was not inflammatory. (I assume you read it before passing judgement.).

Now if Drudge, Brietbart, or Fox Opinion wrote that headline it would be more like "Michael Flynn commits horrendous crimes. Trump tells Comey to stop investigating him.".  OR "Much Maligned Michael Flynn wrongly accused of serious crimes by the criminal intelligence agency's. Trump never asked Comey to lay off him (FAKE NEWS) "  And reading such trash, I would have never read the article because the headline told me what followed was going to be pure hyperbole.

3. My Esoteric profile image90

When you wrote "How is it that its okay if a democrat  had no intent to break a law and a conservative must be hung for the same offence ?

It is clear you neither read the article (where it said the FBI decided NOT to indict Flynn because of lack of intent and you didn't read what I wrote since I said the same thing.

6. ahorseback profile image45
    ahorsebackposted 2 months ago

At the top of this investigation issue is the certain knowledge  that  a "fair " investigation probably can't happen anyway ,  Obama hold-over office dwellers  or  Trumps own people , To us laymen  it's all gonna sound like  blind defense  or   partisan  bickering agenda .    Who has confidence in the FBI , CIA , DOJ  at this point  ?   Conservatives do if Trumps cleared , democrats do if he's indicted ?   

One more outsider -Trump obstruction by an established  government deep -state ?

working