jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)

Anyone know what Islamic "Al Tagiyya" means ?

1. ahorseback profile image46
    ahorsebackposted 7 weeks ago

As to the method of spreading the  word of Islam throughout the religious - diplomatic world ?

Look it up yet ?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image86
      Kathryn L Hillposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

FROM 
      https://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclo … ion-part-1

The word "al-Taqiyya”literally means: "Concealing or disguising one’s beliefs, convictions, ideas, feelings, opinions, and/or strategies at a time of eminent danger, whether now or later in time, to save oneself from physical and/or mental injury.”A one-word translation would be "Dissimulation."

The above definition must be elaborated upon before any undertaking of this topic is to ensue. Although correct, the definition suffers from an apparent generalization, and lacks some ndamental details that should be construed:

First, the concealment of one’s beliefs does not necessitate an ABANDONMENT of these beliefs. The distinction between "concealment”and "abandonment”MUST be noted here.

Second, there are numerous exceptions to the above definition, and they MUST be judged according to the situation that one is placed in. As such, one should NOT make a narrow-minded generalization that encompasses all situations, thereby failing to fully absorb the spirit of the definition.

Third, the word "beliefs”and/or "convictions”does NOT necessarily mean "religious”beliefs and/or convictions.

With the above in mind, it becomes evident that a better, and more accurate definition of "al-Taqiyya”is "diplomacy.”The true spirit of "al- Taqiyya” is better embodied in the single word "diplomacy” because it encompasses a comprehensive spectrum of behaviors that serve to further the vested interests of all parties involved."

1. ahorseback profile image46
        ahorsebackposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Well Everyone ,I was told a few years ago I should read the Islamists bible ,  In spite of how we in the west might interpret the religion of Islam ,I wondered just how quickly  liberals would jump to the immediate defense of this Islamic Extremist  adaption of , well for lack of  a better word ,the justifications of  Lying  in order to spread Islam to or over other cultures .

The first  response ........., interesting .

1. Live to Learn profile image81
          Live to Learnposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

I could again be wrong, but does Islam really spread in any way other than birth into an Islamic family or being converted in prison? From what I've read the only reason Islam is growing is because the average Muslim woman has more kids than the average woman of any other group.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image86
    Kathryn L Hillposted 7 weeks ago

Apparently it means diplomacy…

According to article: "Those who think that they are the true protectors of the custom of the Prophet (S) and the only guardians of the Islamic Faith, how can they explain their own rejection of that which they are supposed to protect? Rejecting al-Taqiyya (diplomacy ?) is rejecting the Qur’an …."

looks like a pretty complicated issue. Why do you ask, ahorseback?

https://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclo … ion-part-1

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image86
    Kathryn L Hillposted 7 weeks ago

oh, I get it! This is how they infiltrate! and if they don't do it sneakily ("diplomatically") it is actually againt their plagiarized Bible … ooops, I mean Koran!

Very good call, ahorseback!

It appears that this applies only to when the believer fears persecution. I don't think it applies to (could be wrong here) what you are implying.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image86
        Kathryn L Hillposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

you are. (probably) lol

2. Aime F profile image83
        Aime Fposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Ah but it fits their narrative so well so why not pretend that it does?

Well, OK. I'll trust you on this one.

Damn those sneaky, sneaky Muslims.

2. ahorseback profile image46
      ahorsebackposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Above is ONE definition -- rather , Sunni definition ---    interpretation ,  wiki- is  another interesting one ,  However I have heard on talk shows etc, and from ex- patriated  Islamists -Muslims that deception may be a much better terminology . that it,   is believe to be justification for lying to other cultures and religions  to facilitate the spread by any means of  Islam .

Who can clarify ?      Without blindly defending Islam obviously .

4. colorfulone profile image89
    colorfuloneposted 7 weeks ago

Al Tagiyya, by a lunatic! 
    https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13560531.jpg
    Make any sense at all?  No one is that stupid Maxine.

I doubt the owner of the parody account which tweeted this is named Maxine, anyway.

1. colorfulone profile image89
        colorfuloneposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Was it a parody?  Mad Maxine says the darnedest things, it sounds like something she would say.

No doubt. But, yes, it appears it was a parody account on Twitter having some fun with us.

working