jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

No Top Government Officials Ever Go To Jail ?

1. ahorseback profile image45
    ahorsebackposted 6 weeks ago

"High crimes and misdemeanors "   senate hearings congressional hearing , house sessions ,
    I don't care what the offences , how serious the offense  , or how long they remain in the courts of the media or courts of law , NO ONE  ever goes to jail and are hardly accountable to those offenses even IF THEY ARE actually indicted .

Are there different standards , one for' you and I"  and another altogether for" them "?

1. Live to Learn profile image79
      Live to Learnposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Duh.

2. PrettyPanther profile image84
      PrettyPantherposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politi … -jail.html

Remember the good ol' days (you know, last fall). when Trumpeters believed Trump would appoint a special prosecutor (because, you know, he said he would) to finally put Hillary in jail? Oh, the memories....Who could forget the lovely RNC crowd chanting "Lock her up! Lock her up!" Who was that honorable man who led those glorious cheers? Flynn, was it? Whatever happened to that exemplary leader....?

1. ahorseback profile image45
        ahorsebackposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

You'd better hope that ,that feeling you have is true and I doubt it  .............I however suspect the Hilary stuff" ain't over till it's over !"   Flynn , did one thing wrong , one thing , he lied to the VP. . That is it !

1. PrettyPanther profile image84

I wasn't aware that you are clairvoyant. The investigation has barely begun. Perhaps you will be right. We will see.

3. colorfulone profile image88
      colorfuloneposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

I found this list of politicians who were convicted of crimes.  Wikileaks isn't exactly accurate always, but it gives a larger picture of acting presidents' actions.  D's out number the R's in convictions, although I did not telly the numbers.  Big shock there!  wink wink
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_A … _of_crimes

2. ahorseback profile image45
    ahorsebackposted 6 weeks ago

Unlike the NEW - left ,  I would still rather ideological neutrality in these offices of government , lets the truths lead where they may , the lies fall where they stand , and the truth stand alone .

3. Live to Learn profile image79
    Live to Learnposted 6 weeks ago

I think the truth of the matter is that both parties know no crimes had been committed and the actions declared most heinous would not, had the average citizen done them, result in any jail time.

All any of this is is grandstanding in an attempt to sway public opinion from any particular person or party. It's a waste of taxpayer money and an insult to those of us who wish government would do what we pay it to do.

1. PrettyPanther profile image84

I agree there is grandstanding from both political parties to score points and discredit the other party.  If I understand you correctly, I cannot agree with this:  "....both parties know no crimes had been committed and the actions declared most heinous would not, had the average citizen done them, result in any jail time." Are you saying, for example, that Republicans proceeded with an investigation into Clinton's use of a private email server knowing no crime had been committed?

Either I am misunderstanding your remarks, or this seems to contradict your previous statements on Clinton.

working