jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (11 posts)

I do not belong to an organized political party - I'm a Democrat

1. ptosis profile image76
    ptosisposted 4 weeks ago

seriously - I'm not, I'm indie leaning Dem but it's so dysfunctional.

Tend to agree with this article:

Party elders say it’s no time to squabble. They always say that. The specter of an emotionally arrested, proto-fascist fraud in the White House adds force to their argument, but ducking debate is what got Democrats here in the first place.

The danger is that while rubbernecking his 50-car pileup of a presidency Democrats run their own car into a ditch. A favorite Democratic strategy is to sit idly by, waiting for Republicans to implode. Trump’s serial idiocy and fast-mounting legal woes may trick them into thinking this time it may work. 

In 2016 Sanders backers fumed over the Democratic National Committee’s conniving with Hillary Clinton’s campaign. But the DNC could screw up a two-car funeral.

In the ’80s, Republicans poured hundreds of millions of dollars into right-wing think tanks. Democrats invested their more modest fortunes in pollsters and consultants. To this day, when Republicans make a case, Democrats tell a story, which is sort of like bringing cotton candy to a knife fight. Democrats don’t need a story; they need a blueprint.

As 60 percent of Americans support single-payer plans, Democrats might start the conversation there.

1. PrettyPanther profile image83
      PrettyPantherposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

I agree completely.  The Rs are better at simplifying their message and driving it home.  However, to be fair, Dems generally assume voters have a brain and can digest more than tiny sound bites.  If only more voters would take the time to do it, our country would be much better off.

1. promisem profile image94
        promisemposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

With respect, I don't agree. The Rs simply raise more money. They have quite a few Libertarian billionaires funding them. They also do a better job at making their base furious.

1. ahorseback profile image44
          ahorsebackposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Excellent points Promisem !

2. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Who spent more in the last presidential election?  D's or R's?

2. ahorseback profile image44

All of the radical rhetoric always came from ultra - left , the lefts problem today is that they lack moderation ,  every false cause is a reason for impeachment , "  OOOps , sorry ,nothing there today  , well maybe tomorrows false cause "

As for me , I'm not worrying about the left reorganizing for   a decade or more , Trumps job creations and  economic boosters  will get him reelected in 2020 ,  while the left will be  propping up Hilary's walker ,  Sanders sanitarium rants ,   hey ...............maybe  Maxine Waters  ............Al Sharpton ?

ptosisposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

RWNJ's are lovin it. Meanwhile broken promises and a lower standard of living for all because of rascist paranoia

BTW - the FBI was investigating Russian election hacking 6 months into 2016 - long before Trump won. So this is not a Trump thing. 21 states attempted 2 states data stolen. Well known prior to November. NSA lied saying nothing to worry about because Trump was saying the election rigged and voters would lose faith in legitimacy of the election. . 

SNAFU turned into FUBAR due to the states fear of fed over reach in states' rights.

Obama totally politicized the DOJ , FBI , CIA , every investigative or  enforcement branch of federal jurisdiction ,  AND    You know that  ........Now  ,.... How any investigation ability under his watch  ISN"T totally compromised is a  total  and complete wonder , The FBI's  Comey for one , was to busy kissing Obama's golden  ring to even properly  fill out a form .

Russians ---All you are correct about is that they attempted to influence  the election , How ?  No one knows ,Totally unconnected to anyone in Trumps group --FACT !

How the left can completely overlook , and justify all the Russian connections through Hilary , but seek it where it never existed with Trump  ? I'm scratching my head .   

The left lies like Hilary lies , that simple !.

OK Mr. FACToid, If you are so omnipresent about everything then how come you are here on HP and not in front of the Congressional investigation telling them all these so-called facts. And yes, typing 'fact' in all caps does not make it any more truer.  I bet you raise you voice when in a  conversation with someone, simply to drown out the other person's opinion. Why don't you use your indoor bellow?

Using all-caps is the worst form of emphasis. People think a message in all caps means that the writer is yelling at them. And it's not just you. Alternative Prime does this all the time and it's very hard to read his posts on the Q&A's

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fs2.quickmeme.com%2Fimg%2Fe8%2Fe89a2f1d9eb6c94f7b258442b8768750fbf3ff6279ae241c3be97e6d8102ab48.jpg&f=1

Wwweeellllllll, I guess I got my point across didn't i  ,  Apparently the truth bothers  those  some people  no matter how it's printed ,  Actually , I walk and talk softly and  speak only once and you know what ,?   People listen , well conservatives do anyway . Liberals scream , shout , cry and throw their arms around and wail ...........THEN they protest riot and  turn over and burn police cruisers ,.......but all in small letters right ?

Tee - hee.  OK. I guess what I'm saying is that your political prejudice is showing when you characterize an entire group of people in a blanket stereotype of criminal babies. I started this post because they are disorganized. They are disorganized because there is a wide variation  of people types. Call it the "Big Tent'.

But to say that all Republicans are better than all Democrats in such black and white terms smacks of elitism.

Link below is about the Tea Party and the indies within the Dem Party. A good way to organize people is to have a common enemy. Donnie Darko the clown is that organizing impetus. He is not a Rep nor a Dem, he was installed by the Mercers to break up the Republican party.  The Russian thing is a distraction. Teflon Don may have been a Russian asset for the last 5 years but I don't think he realizes it. Useful idiot turned into a weaponized moron.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ … ble-214850

working