jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

The 9/11 report

1. College politico profile image61
    College politicoposted 9 years ago

I just posted a review of the 9/11 report on my hub. Please read it and tell me what you think:

9/11report

Thanks

2. Kane Bauer profile image61
    Kane Bauerposted 9 years ago

It's just as boring and ignored as it was six years ago.  While most of the stuff is useful for consideration very little of it would make any difference.  That is to say, much of the info about what happened was left out of the public publication, and most of the suggestions for future prevention are negligible to useless.

1. College politico profile image61
      College politicoposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Have you actually read it? Its packed with information... all of which are extremely relevant to what happened that day.

3. Kane Bauer profile image61
    Kane Bauerposted 9 years ago

Yeah, I had to read it.  There is a lot of information in it, but they were required to keep out countless other info that was classified, damaging to public officials, or damaging to investigations.  Also, what's done is done and reading about it doesn't change it.  The recommendations would help, but once you implement a stricter form of security, or organization,  and so on there is only a very very short period for which it's effective before it's compromised.  Where there's a will, there's a way.

1. ModernPublius profile image60
      ModernPubliusposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Yup, studying history has never helped anybody. We might as well give up on improving the system because no matter what, because there's a will, the is definitely a way... guess we'll just wait for the next attack.

working