Fine Print in Cap-and-Trade Legislation

1. nicomp profile image60
    nicompposted 7 years ago

Here is the cap-and-tax “placeholder:” Where’s the fine print? … ine-print/

By Michelle Malkin  •  July 1, 2009 02:24 PM
    When I live-blogged the House debate on cap-and-tax last Friday, I noted the existence of a “placeholder” in the bill. Rep. Joe Barton mentioned it was unprecedented to have such a mechanism (allowing bill-writers to insert language to be determined after the law was approved) in a bill up for final passage. Later, I noted that Barney Frank explained on the floor on Friday that the placeholder in the cap and trade bill apparently will deal with regulations of financial derivatives market associated with reducing carbon emissions. Frank said he was confident a “good system will be in place.”
    Well, I looked up the placeholder in Waxman’s late-night, 300-page manager’s amendment.

Now, since everyone in Washington is so concerned with fine print, why don’t they show us the fine print of the missing section of this bill.
    Where is it?
    Has the Energy Czar seen it?
    Will the members of the Senate see it?
    How about the GOP’s Cap-and-Tax 8?
    Call them. Ask them.

2. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

I don't understand how they can get away with passing legislation with no public documentation or debate.  I just hope it gets killed in the Senate.

I think I could get behind some legislation on the environment, but to put it in an all inclusive bill without limitations is wrong for this country.

Good luck getting hold of any congressperson.  When they get back from the 4th recess there will be less than a month before they go on break again.

3. SparklingJewel profile image68
    SparklingJewelposted 7 years ago

It doesn't matter whether you actually talk to anyone, just leave a message of your perspective. That count of callers is important, its the only way we as citizens can express our wishes that are expected to be listened to by our representatives in congress.
    This is beyond precedent! Totally absurd! And citizens can't let them get away with it. The House did it all under cover and on a Friday, with no previous media coverage of it going to happen.