jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Why isn't Hillary president?

1. 0
    Madame Xposted 7 years ago

She has way more experience than Obama.
    She has a very powerful political machine that goes back years.
    She's brilliant - much more savvy than Obama.
    She had, and has an enormous following.
    She has first-hand experience of the inner workings of the white house.

So why isn't she president?

1. andromida profile image76
      andromidaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Because Obama was slightly popular than Hilary.Moreover,Americans wanted to see a change in their Government.I admit that Hilary has all the qualities as you mentioned but she was not the symbol of change due to the  presence of her mighty husband's name, Clinton, affiliated with her name.

2. Teresa McGurk profile image82
      Teresa McGurkposted 7 years ago in reply to this

She was demonized by the media response to the whole "middle of the night phone call" issue, which played down her past experience and played up to men's fears of having a woman in the White House.  This country needs to get over the intern bit with Bill Clinton and realize that the policy making during his presidency was fiscally sound, and that her experience of that would have made her a good choice for the job right now.  I'm a very big fan of Obama, but if he had joined her ticket and run for v-p we would now have a kick-ass team in the White House, instead of Joe Biden, the token white guy. . . .

2. Anti-Valentine profile image93
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

The US has just accepted a black president. I think it'll be while before it accepts a female one.

Sorry, but that's just brutal honesty.