jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Who Has The Best Economy In The World At The Moment?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

And who would consume the most resources.
    We were discussing this at home ,and one says China , one USA and two undecided.
    What are your thoughts?

2. Capable Woman profile image80
    Capable Womanposted 7 years ago

California.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii286/disappointmentmama/smiley-laughing.gif

Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol cute

3. earnestshub profile image89
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

Australia would be near the top at this time with unemployment at around 5% and a healthy banking system...... for now.

4. Mrvoodoo profile image60
    Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago

It's not England that's for sure, more and more of our companies seem to be going under every day.  My guess would have been Australia too, I've heard that they've been pretty unaffected by the whole thing.

I think the USA probably consumes the greatest share of resources (by a long shot) currently, but my money would be on China for the future.

Can you expand on that part a bit more MrV, do you mean oil?
      And China because?.....( actually thats son no.3 question) wink

1. Mrvoodoo profile image60
        Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago in reply to this

To be honest EK I based my choices on little more than my own ill-informed biased guesses rather than any factual evidence, but I felt like I should have some kind of stab at answering your question. smile

I guess the U.S. because it's such a money rich consumer driven society, like England but even more so.  So I guess I meant everything from food upwards, but again I get most of my info about America from Bill Bryson and Michael Moore.

China I said merely due to their huge population, which I expect to become more consumer driven and resource hungry very soon.

But again, intellectual topics aren't really my area, I usually stick to talking about boobs or fish, I'm way out of my depth here! big_smile

5. Mrvoodoo profile image60
    Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago

I was eating an entire blackcurrant cheesecake at the time and I think all the blackcurranty goodness went to my head. wink

6. Eaglekiwi profile image74

lol god yer naughty !! boobs and fish
    Oh I find Politics about as interesting as wet fish ,but we dont get out much lately lol so thought Id see what my global family thought.

more variety of comments the better I say ..smile so thanks

1. Mrvoodoo profile image60
      Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not at the same time mind, although I did watch this strange Japanese video once... lol

is that maybe close to that saying " i like anything with t**s and wheels"
        ( they can give you most problems in life too,lol)

7. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Well the latest vote in ,says the Netherlands is the place to be as far low crime , good employment etc,low polution etc and they dont seem to be in debt.

Sounds like freedom to me  smile

working