jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Universal "American" healthcare update.

1. 0
    sandra rinckposted 7 years ago

So CNN reports yesterday that Obama's new health care plan will also cover no citizens of America on the tax payers dollar through loop holes.

1.  They are not allowed to check and see if you are a citizen.
    2.  If one person in the family is eligible then the whole family is eligible. 

We already pay for illegal immigrants medical expenses in the ER when in our country.  They don't send the bill back to their country and ask them to pay for it.

Of course nothing is set in stone but this is what is on the table now.

And yes, it pisses me off!  Govna' Swartz.. also signed a bill a couple days ago to solve the budget crisis guess who takes the short end of the stick.

1.  the bill takes away money from welfare
    2.  Parks and recreation

ergo's section 8 in a state where the average price for a 1 bedroom apartment is 1300.00.  eeeks.

2. Mary Marie Kelley profile image59
    Mary Marie Kelleyposted 7 years ago

Boy do I ever agree with you on being upset about this dang health care reform. These people that voted him in just don't realize just bad things are about to be. This health care is a bunch of baloney I just don't see this thing getting any better if it passes.

3. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

They just made some kind of deal/compromise or something on the healthcare bill. I saw it on CNN earlier while on lunch.

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Sandy, illegal immigrants are needy people. Aren't you all for helping needy? I thought you voted for a new president on that basis. Or are not all needy equal? wink

1. 0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I sorta resent that comment. wink

But whatever.  You do know that some of them live better than I do and they receive all sorts of benefits on our dime and you think this is fair?  When I am a citizen and can't get help from my own government.

Anyways, I think the problem with it is how much it will end up costing the citizens to also pay for illegals.

1. Misha profile image75
        Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LOL It was designed to resent, in a hope that it prompts you to jump outside the box smile

IMO all welfare is unfair, and can't be made fair by design - because it is built on robbing some people to help others, and its sole purpose is to enrich the dealer in the process. smile

1. 0
          sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Aww, well I took it the bait, hook...line....and sinker. big_smile

I thinks you are right. big_smile

1. Misha profile image75

LOL You'll get stomach problems, be careful smile

2. BudHasherdashery profile image62
      BudHasherdasheryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I support the home nation of ILLEGAL ALIENS helping their own, which is why I support full funding and mandatory participation in the E VErify program, and the deportation of ALL ILLEGAL ALIENS and their anchor baby children.

Face reality...because Obama refuses to implement E Verify, some 7.5 million scum criminal illegal aliens still have jobs here in America while 12.5 million of our own LEGAL IMMIGRANTS AND CITIZENS are out of work.

No, not all NEEDY CITIZENS are equal under the law...problem is, in their quest to win a voting block our elected officials and federal employees refuse to enforce our laws when it comes too illegal aliens.

1. Misha profile image75

I was not talking to you, sorry.

5. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago

I can understand taking away from welfare.  Isn't Medicaid under the "welfare" umbrella?  Theoretically, Medicaid would no longer be needed.