jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (16 posts)

Benazir Bhutto

1. Rudra profile image58
    Rudraposted 8 years ago

Pakistani opposition leader Benazir Bhutto has been killed in a gun and bomb attack after a political rally in the city of Rawalpindi. Who do you think could be behind this?

2. soyelude profile image61
    soyeludeposted 8 years ago

Who else can it be? The answer seems to be quite obvious as when political killings such as these happen you can always point to the opposition with almost precise or dead accuracy. Mussharaf is the man to watch!!!

3. shailini profile image60
    shailiniposted 8 years ago

Al Qaida has come forward. But, I guess Musharraf's involvement can not be ruled out. But, Musharraf would certainly would have known that he would be in deep sh*t  and that would backfired on himself.

4. ModernPublius profile image61
    ModernPubliusposted 8 years ago

I know this is not completely on topic but I thought it was interesting that Obama's senior political guru tied Bhutto's assassination to the War in Iraq:

"In an especially charged moment, senior Obama adviser David Axelrod would later tie the killing [of Bhutto]  to the Iraq war -- and Clinton's vote to approve it, which he argued diverted U.S resources from fighting terrorism in Afghanistan and Pakistan, both al-Qaeda hotbeds." (see http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co … id=topnews)

I am sorry, but I think this is ridiculous. So if we had not gone into Iraq, we would have done what to stop this? Invaded Pakistan? Obviously not. If anything, the Iraq war has drawn Al-Qaeda to Iraq. What's best, is that Obama didn't say this - his advisor did. That way when people get upset for his campaign politicizing the assassination, he doesn't have to take the blame. Isn't he supposed to be the good guy who is going to stop slime and grime politics? Fat chance.

5. 0
    Iðunnposted 8 years ago

6. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

I agree with Idunn

1. topstuff profile image59
      topstuffposted 8 years ago in reply to this

No Bush does not kill one person but many.

7. 0
    Iðunnposted 8 years ago

*faintz from shock*

8. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

How is your poem doing? wink

9. 0
    Iðunnposted 8 years ago

I did a bit on it, then got sidetracked because I wanted to do a special thing for froggy213 even though they denied his request, for his grandson.

still working on my piece tonight, though, later.  even after I finish, rabi khan has been courteous enough to let me send it to him so he can match it up with a perfect image, so it might not be up for a bit anyway. yikes

10. 0
    Iðunnposted 8 years ago

misha, I finished it.  I am waiting on hooking up the art. smile

11. Gareth Pritchard profile image73
    Gareth Pritchardposted 8 years ago

Hi There,

I think that she actually killed herself, what I mean is that she was warned by everybody who could warn her that she was walking a very, very thin line and that she was putting herself at great risk.

Thanks, Gareth.

12. 62
    ram thotapalleposted 8 years ago

Hi there,

She is a leader and cannot shy away from risks. The Musharraf govt failed to provide proper security or maybe arranged security for, you know what?????

13. topstuff profile image59
    topstuffposted 8 years ago

When the primeminister of India (Indra ghandi)was killed who was behind the matter.Always the people who could get some benefits.Maybe now you have seen the videos of those people on the the tv as telecasted by a large no. of channels. Someone here making a comment
    related this incident with Al -Qaida.No.This is a bitter reality leaders are often murdered,as you open the history of many countries.Years back the USA president also enrolled his name being murdered.

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image61
      VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I agree with topstuff's observation.  Always the people who could get some benefits.  Who is the main bnenficiery in Pakistan? Every inverstigation should start from the beneficiery.

14. Talem profile image82
    Talemposted 8 years ago

Its ironic that Bhutto said in an interview a few weeks before her assasination that her killers would be knocking on her front door soon. Sadly it came true.

I do not blame it on the Iraq War *rolleyes*...I have a hunch that there is a spy in her security team.  Or even a number of her guards who plotted against her with Al Qaida.