jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

beheadings of orphanage workers

1. SparklingJewel profile image65
    SparklingJewelposted 7 years ago

to me, this kind of news is not ever reported enough for the world to see...how can this part of the world still be ignored?

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.vi … eId=106597

I think we need a "media" forum, what do you think?

2. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

That is horrific. As are some of the other articles.

Truly - mans' inhumanity to man. Awful.

3. ledefensetech profile image80
    ledefensetechposted 7 years ago

Oh look, more barbarism from the Third World.  Kinda makes you glad you live in civilization doesn't it?

4. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

That is terrible being beheaded because your are a Christian Thank God I live in the U.S, that story is sad and heartbreaking and to think we feel that our lives our bad over here. sad

1. ledefensetech profile image80
      ledefensetechposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ask a soldier how living in The World is different than living out in barbarian country.  Heck growing up around soldiers shaped many of my views today.  Few people in the West know how good they have it.

5. Chris1|Chris2 profile image60
    Chris1|Chris2posted 7 years ago

Oh my god. This is truly horrible. Why can't we all just get along? Why can't we live in a world where every religion can live harmoniously alongside every other?

It's not about religion.  It's about power.  One of the easiest ways to gain power is to terrify people into submission.  That's exactly what is happening there.

1. Chris1|Chris2 profile image60
        Chris1|Chris2posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Right. But I think that they were beheading them in the name of their religion. Obviously it was done as a sort of power play. The Christians didn't want to renounce their faith, so they were killed. It's religion and power...two things that can be very dangerous in the wrong hands.

Religion is just an excuse.  An excuse that pretty much perverts the whole reason of having religion in the first place.  Religion gives us aid and comfort at our lowest times, it shouldn't be used as a weapon to inspire fear and terror. 

I suppose there are still places in the world where it's possible to be a "witness to the faith", a martyr.

1. Chris1|Chris2 profile image60
            Chris1|Chris2posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good point. Religion can be used for so many greater things. One of them being, for the purpose of becoming a better person.

It can be easy to lose sight of the fact that it's not something by itself that makes a thing good or evil, but the actions of the individual.  Religion, government, philosophy, etc. all can be used for good or they can lead us into great evil.

working