Timely Quotes to Share :D

1. SparklingJewel profile image66
    SparklingJewelposted 7 years ago

"The history of the race, and each individual's experience, are thick with evidence that a truth is not hard to kill and that a lie told well is immortal." --American author and humorist Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"If falsehood, like truth, had but one face, we would be more on equal terms. For we would consider the contrary of what the liar said to be certain. But the opposite of truth has a hundred thousand faces and an infinite field." --French writer Michel Eyquem De Montaigne (1533-1592)

"Men hate those to whom they have to lie." --French author Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

2. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

"...No, posterity.  You will never know how much it cost us to preserve your freedom.  I hope that you will make a good use of it.  If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it."   John Adams

".. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."  Abraham Lincoln, The Gettysburg Address