Russians Hate Africans!

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (32 posts)
  1. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

A friend of mine who's in Russia sent me an email detailing some of the most racist treatment he's been getting at work, in school cos he's African. Its so abominable, I dont wanna talk about it. So I'll be calm. I googled this stuff, and saw this Report http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=10 … =351020602
    now, I'm thinking, why do Africans get treated like garbage in Western nations, but when white people come to Africa no one tells them to get the hell back to where they belong. Racism is still very much alive, people! It just reinvented itself...

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have Nigerian friends from my uni course in the UK who very rarely recieved racial abuse. In Sheffield, where I went to uni, the very little racism that existed was often black on black.

2. Bredavies profile image60
      Bredaviesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think it is all Russians. Is it really that bad in Russia though?

1. tksensei profile image59
        tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Coincidentally, I just this morning heard a report on NPR about the experiences of African immigrants in Russia. Many of the personal anecdotes sounded pretty brutal.

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Before you get all holier than thou, fiery, I lived in Africa for three years and I saw how the Africans treated Indians.

I lived next to an Indian family.  They were funded by the World Bank, working on an aid project.  Yet they were constantly discriminated against - petty things like their garbage not being collected or being unable to get tradesmen to fix the house.  I used to book jobs pretending it was my house so they could get repairs done. 

Racism is alive everywhere, even in Africa.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Aint that the truth !

1. AEvans profile image71
          AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It certainly is!!! smile

2. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

if there's a report, you'll find that incident you speak of is only on a small tiny scale. no doubt. I never said it wasn't. But taking into consideration how bad we - Africans have it in Western countries, I almost wish it was nearly as much as say in Russia. Wake up, and stop defending your race - everyone knows black people are more discriminated racially by whites than whites are racially discriminated against by blacks or by any race put together. This is not open for argument.

2. tksensei profile image59
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

Racism is rampant most everywhere on earth, unfortunately. For all the talk about race relations in the US, it seems to me that most other countries are much worse.

3. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

I do not like racism in any way...I never have and never will

4. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Just some Cj , not all Im sure wink

1. profile image0

Not some. Just most. I'm just reporting.

5. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Some countries are definately more advanced when it comes to race relations though wink

6. profile image0
    Pacal Votanposted 14 years ago

It's because Africa doesn't sustain itself. By 2050 Africa's population will have been doubled to 2,000,000,000. More and more Africans sieve into Europe fleeing from civil wars. I'm not racist. I just can't comprehend why Africans can't live in peace within their own countries?

1. Aya Katz profile image83
      Aya Katzposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pacal Votan, do you realize that all human beings originate in Africa? No matter our skin color or the country of our birth, our ancestors left Africa looking for something better. Except for those who stayed. And some of them are leaving just now.

2. profile image0

And America, Britain, France..... we don't have history of civil war? Government supression makes uprising almost impossible in developed countries, so this rebellion manifests itself into terrorism and assassinations..... Whereas in many African countries, they do not have the intelligience infrastructure to seek out and supress rebellion at its roots.

Dont make out that Africa is alone in its infighting.... look at Mexico at the moment. Look at Brazil.... that place is almost lawless at the moment.

1. profile image0
        Pacal Votanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Kongo - 40 years of civil war, Sudan - Darfur, Kenya - once one of the most secure places now in violence

As I said, I don't have anything against Africa (any more than for instance the US that caused the current crisis). I don't know where you live Ryan, but I live in Europe, so don't explain our history to me.

Aya - All human beings originate in Africa? You have not looked deep enough into the matter.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
          Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you thinking in relation to the twelve tribes of judah perhaps?

1. profile image0

You've got me there. I have no clue what that is. smile

2. profile image0

And I don't know where you live, but I live in Britain... and I will explain the history of Britain to you as much as I please. As for Americans "causing the current crisis", thats an incredibly ignorant and uninformed comment. Their banks collapsed, yes, but foreign banks chose to lend to and borrow from those banks, America cannot be blamed for the greed of all countries - only their own.

1. profile image0

Ryan, I'd like to ask you then not to attribute things to me I did not say. I don't blame America for the crisis, but I do blame wall street and the American banks and investors.

There is no secret about the fact that the crisis originated in America. Countless financial experts and authors have already admitted this.

If you live in Britain, speak about Britain and not Europe in general.

1. profile image0

I have as much right to talk about Europe as you do, you have a nationality just like me. You seem unwilling to share that nationality with me, but you cannot tell me that the UK is not part of the continent of Europe (and the European Union). Who the hell do you think you are to say that I cannot talk about Europe? I will talk about whichever country or continent I please.

Yes the financial crisis did originate in America, as a result of their lending to sub-prime mortgage markets. But EUROPEAN banks were reliant on the American banking system, and were equally guilty of over lending to their own markets. The Europeans have a lot to learn from this financial crisis, particularly the need to become less reliant on American financial systems and becoming more self-sufficient. Capitalism is not unique to America, all European countries have embraced those principles. If you really want to argue with me about the effects of mortgage lending on the global economic climate, then please take into consideration my academic achievements - I have a first class degree in property.

And dont ever tell me what I can or cannot talk about, I will talk about whatever I want whenever I want - the freedom of speech is something which all Europeans are entitled to irrespective of your country of birth.

As for mis-quoting you, I suggest that you re-read your own post, you stated that pretty clearly.

1. profile image0

I'm sorry, Ryan. It wasn't my intention to get you in this bad mood. Of course, you talk about what you want, and of course Britain is part of Europe. Silly me, I didn't know I was implying something else. lol

That's about it. I think it's irrelevant where I live or what degree I hold, anyway. smile

1. profile image0

Ok fair enough, but I have just as much right to talk about my continent as you do. In fact, you have a hub about a city in Mexico.... and everybody seems happy enough for you to talk about South America?

Anyway, welcome to hubpages and enjoy hubbing. wink

1. profile image0

Thanks.

3. tksensei profile image59

Uh-oh... roll

3. tksensei profile image59

Because they are human beings.

7. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

"why do Africans get treated like garbage in Western nations, but when white people come to Africa no one tells them to get the hell back to where they belong"

Eh? Russia's hardly a Western country, really. Some Russians are racist, but not just against Africans, against pretty much anyone who isn't Russian. The Muslims in the old USSR countries such as Tajikistan used to suffer from some prejudice, I think.

There are a lot of Africans living in Europe, and they are not, in general, "treated like garbage" in my experience.

As for white people living in Africa, some of them are having a pretty bad time, such as white Zimbabweans, for example.

1. profile image0

Once they have arrived in the EU (by whatever route that might be) nobody will send them back. And that's the reality.

2. profile image0

Its a Robert Mugabe thing - the guy's a psycho, everyone knows that.

8. AsherKade profile image59
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

"I LOVE Africans"

big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/mouth_anti_virus.jpg

http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/gun_fairy.jpg

1. profile image0

Its funny, cos I'm the only one who gets the joke. But others might just not get it, pick your jokes circumspectly, so you dont come off as a racist pig. Thats all.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)